Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by huntsman22
There's joy, joy, joy, joy, down in my heart. Down in my heart.....

There's Happy Tunes from huntsman!

How cool is that!

Haspy Cramper can fill you in with the resta the words. I ain't heard that ditty since Sunday Skool as a yonker....

GB1

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by electram
A couple of weeks ago my 11 year old son went on a field trip with school. 20 something kids and 2 teachers, went to some kind of adventure camp in the mountains with staff, etc. Was gone for a couple of nights.

When he got home, my wife picked him up at school and brought him home, I asked him how it was and he said he had a great time but that he was bit by a dog. First I heard of it, figured it must not have been an actual bite. I asked him if I could see it. He pulled down his shorts and holy chit...there's a 6-7" long bruise across the top of his thigh....2 rows of teeth marks black and blue, punctuated by two k9 marks that broke the skin.

I about lost it and called my wife over and she really did loose it. I asked him what happened. He was on a rope course and a large boxer-like mix belonged to one of the staff. Dog ran over jumped up and bit my son on the thigh and pulled him off the rope, unprovoked. Did it hurt? yes. Did he cry? yes for five minutes. Did anybody see it? yes one of his teachers and one of the staff. Did anybody look at it? no. What did they do with the dog? nothing. he was not put up. they just "held" him. Over the next 2 days he bit one of the teachers and chased a couple of other kids.

My wife immediately called the school principal. He called the other teacher, the one that was bit and did not see what happened to my son, and had him call us. This accomplished nothing because he basically said he didn't know what happened. The principal then emailed my wife and said let him know if there's anything else he can do.

That's what really pissed me off. At that point I looked up the county where this place was located, and made a 9:00PM call to the non-emergency dispatch and filed a report. A deputy called right back and took the report, drove out there to get information. When he went back the next day to put the dog in quarantine, the owner had fled the state with the dog, having got word of the report. They did get the vaccination records and the dog was vaccinated, which was my main concern other than getting the dog away from an adventure camp where it could continue to attack kids.

I fired of an email to the principal telling him what should have been done. File a report, make sure the kid is OK, notify the parents, get the dog away from the kids, etc.

My wife has basically lost confidence in the school. They have not apologized or advised they would take corrective action with the teach that saw this and did nothing. If the bite had been on bare skin he would be disfigured. On the neck, he could be dead. I can't imagine how people that phugging stupid to see that happen and do nothing could be left in charge of kids.

You might stir their interest with a nice letter from a lawyer hinting at a lawsuit. Have your son see your doctor. The world of education seems to have become unaware of reality.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Valsdad
There's joy, joy, joy, joy, down in my heart. Down in my heart.....

There's Happy Tunes from huntsman!

How cool is that!

Haspy Cramper can fill you in with the resta the words. I ain't heard that ditty since Sunday Skool as a yonker....

Didn't we get to sing that one right after Kumbaya? Or was it after "If I had a Hammer" ??

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OMCHamlin
Originally Posted by slumlord
So the kid had it coming?

No, of course not, just a contrast of reactions that the span of 50 years makes! I’d say that between this guy’s kid and “OMCHamlin” circa 1970, I deserved it more than he did! Dad was right, not all dogs are friendly. I guess mom was right too, as my arm didn’t rot and fall off, and back then, merthiolate was kinda both a cure and a punishment all at once.

Originally Posted by deflave
When I was a tyke, maybe 9 or 10 years old, we lived in Army housing in Heidelberg, West Germany. In those late 60s, early 70s parents would let’s kids stay out in the housing vicinity to all hours of the night, and I was hanging out with some friends in one of the stairwells. One of the kids Schafferhunds was hanging out with us and I was petting him and he casually turned around and bit the crap outta my forearm, toothmarks, blood, whole nine yards .
Know what everybody did about it? Mom cleaned it up (merthiolate, of course), bandaged it and dad told me “son, don’t assume all dogs are friendly”… And that was it. All of it, nothing else happened. Weird, huh?
I don’t think parents knew anything back then….

^^^Dumb ass^^^

Wow, I’ve been quoted by deflave!!!! I mean, I had to pull him off “ignore” to tell it, but still, what an honor…

They always peek.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rickt300
And find a way to kill the dog.

You are more fuqked up than I originally thought. Have you had a lot of problems with dogs in your pitiful life? Are you afraid of dogs? Did a dog at some point hurt your pussy?

Never had any problems really.

I just hate them in general.

My favorite thing to kill.

I am relieved to see that you hate them for good reason. I would have lost all respect for you if your hatred was random.

IC B2

E
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
E
To touch on a couple of points:

-the boy was seen immediately by an ER physician in the family and cleared pending confirmation of vaccination record. This was free and Thank God he is fine. No medical bills.
-in the couple of weeks since he has healed up fine and doesn't seem bothered. He is a sturdy little kid. We realize he was extremely luck and are thankful.

I don't have any plans to sue. There is nothing more than nuisance payment in it. I may send an attorney letter to the campground to ensure that their insurance is notified and they are forced to take corrective action. If my boy had to get the rabies shots I would have done everything possible to put that place through a living hell because that would have taken it to another level of disregard in my opinion. Thankfully that didn't happen.

The school is not an easy situation. It would be a different story if I were ready to just break contact with them. My boys are very happy there. I don't want to ruin it for them. What I would really like to see is for them to provide reset training for all of the faculty and use this as a learning point. I know they haven't done that because my younger son's teacher was unaware of the incident until my wife told her.

I am thinking of the best way to address this. I have never actually been in the school due to covid. I don't know the principal or any of the teachers. My wife has met a couple but not the principal. Right now it is about making things better going forward to prevent a repeat. I don't feel I need some kind of justice for boy because he is fine.

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G

I advice a complaint should be filed.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Dog bites child (or anyone), dog gets swiftly beat. Owner should of been on that if no one else. Dog gets tied up meetly and/or completely segregated from all such activities. Mind blowing.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Electram, if you want to get attention, plus possible action, send something like your first post to the chair of the board at the school, with copies to the rest of the board members. Reasonable people would be shocked at what happened and motivated to not have it recur at the school.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by marksman1941

How is this site so damn full of [bleep] like you? The fact you have a favorite thing to kill is problematic, and the fact that you gain joy out of killing dogs is disgusting.

1.). If the world was filled with people like me there wouldn’t be any dogs biting kids on field trips.

2.). Have you ever killed a dog? It’s better than slapping a woman.

If the world was filled with people like you, there probably wouldn't be much worth partaking in. Sad that your miserable little life has turned into killing dogs for fun.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

How is this site so damn full of [bleep] like you? The fact you have a favorite thing to kill is problematic, and the fact that you gain joy out of killing dogs is disgusting.

1.). If the world was filled with people like me there wouldn’t be any dogs biting kids on field trips.

If the world was filled with people like you, there probably wouldn't be much worth partaking in. Sad that your miserable little life has turned into killing dogs for fun.

I think he'd admit that it's not quite as much fun as killing cats.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

To think the two scenarios are comparable demonstrates just how dumb you are.

Sure, sure, whatever you say…
Dogs haven’t changed much in 50 years

Doubling down on stupidity doesn’t make you less stupid.

LOL

Sure, sure whatever you say, L O L spells m o o n…
Double down, double down…. Sure……………………………

(Go find somebody else, dipschidt, you ain’t gittin’ uner mah skin…)

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Mr_Harry
Dog bites child (or anyone), dog gets swiftly beat. Owner should of been on that if no one else. Dog gets tied up meetly and/or completely segregated from all such activities. Mind blowing.

IMO the dog gets swiftly beat with a hollow point in the brain pan.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
There needs to be accountability of the teachers and staff, along with a record of the incident. They swept this under the rug and you let them.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

-the boy was seen immediately by an ER physician in the family and cleared pending confirmation of vaccination record. This was free and Thank God he is fine. No medical bills.
-in the couple of weeks since he has healed up fine and doesn't seem bothered. He is a sturdy little kid. We realize he was extremely luck and are thankful.

I don't have any plans to sue. There is nothing more than nuisance payment in it. I may send an attorney letter to the campground to ensure that their insurance is notified and they are forced to take corrective action. If my boy had to get the rabies shots I would have done everything possible to put that place through a living hell because that would have taken it to another level of disregard in my opinion. Thankfully that didn't happen.

The school is not an easy situation. It would be a different story if I were ready to just break contact with them. My boys are very happy there. I don't want to ruin it for them. What I would really like to see is for them to provide reset training for all of the faculty and use this as a learning point. I know they haven't done that because my younger son's teacher was unaware of the incident until my wife told her.

I am thinking of the best way to address this. I have never actually been in the school due to covid. I don't know the principal or any of the teachers. My wife has met a couple but not the principal. Right now it is about making things better going forward to prevent a repeat. I don't feel I need some kind of justice for boy because he is fine.

key words
Free
Nuisance
May
If
Might
Thinking
Any plans
Justice.

So basically you aint gonna do squat.
Just go with the flow and don't cause waves.
And hope the school has a power point doggy awareness presentation of some sort.
And basically zilch for camp dog bite.

And meanwhile the owner of the boxer mix booked it to fugg knows where, even though he was a camp dog bite employee and they know his Bumper# ( SSN) and that dog should be euthanized.

Don't worry that dog won't ever bite anyone else wherever him and the owner went.👍🤙🤙🤙🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Nothing like a email with all facts to local PD or animal control whenever the whereabouts of doggy and owner are located could ever be sent...

But it's a good school and you don't wanna blow it

👍👍👍👍👍

Last edited by renegade50; 10/20/21.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

What is egregious here is not so much that the dog bite happened, but the teacher’s and school’s response to it.

What you have described is a significant injury.

Why didn’t THEY take your son to the ER as soon as possible?

Usual practice is you signed a permission form giving your consent to such, this form a requirement to be submitted to the teacher leading the trip before departure. This form also brung along on the trip PRECISELY in case of a medical emergency. If such occurred you should have been contacted immediately per the contact info you provided on the form.

Contact with all the teachers on the trip should be freely available to you, a meeting should be arranged at your request.

Covid is less of an issue now, make a point of meeting the Principal and all of your son’s teachers in person.

You don’t want to rock the boat at school in case they get PO’d? Egad man, that alone is a huge red flag on both the school and you.

As a parent it’s your JOB to rock the boat in cases like this. If they treat your son any different after that, you’d best pull him out anyway.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

You seem to be a reasonable and rational man. Sorry for your troubles, glad your son is okay.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by rickt300
And find a way to kill the dog.

You are more fuqked up than I originally thought. Have you had a lot of problems with dogs in your pitiful life? Are you afraid of dogs? Did a dog at some point hurt your pussy?

Dogs belong at home guarding the homestead, not at field trips biting students. Way too many idiots trying to substitute dogs for children.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by WYcoyote
Originally Posted by Mr_Harry

IMO the dog gets swiftly beat with a hollow point in the brain pan.

I wouldn’t argue against that course of action either. I don’t understand why fuggin people gotta have dogs with them anyway, all the fuggin time. I love dogs, don’t get me wrong, but don’t fuggin bring mine to work. This camp counselor dipschitt is ‘WORKING’ - he’s putting a bunch of kids through some half-assed adventure camp/zip line Schitt. Now, why in the fugg does he have to have his stupid dog with him? Fuggin dog should be at home, waiting for a walk.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

It has not “turned into that.”

I’ve been killing dogs since I was a kid.

I love it.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (2003and2013, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 163bc, 16Racing, 1badf350, 59 invisible), 2,507 guests, and 1,332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,675
Posts18,456,145
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.