Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M

American Rifles and Italian Shotguns
BP-B6

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Christensen needs to stick making guns they already advertise. From what I understand, they're so far behind, they don't even know if there is in fact light at the end of the tunnel. Introducing a 'new' gun, which is more or less a rehash of something they already sell, is IMHO a true brain fart.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Never cared for Christensen Arms.

Scott
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I looked at buying a Christiansen rifle earlier this year. Too many complaints and issues when I did my research on them. I met a guy 2 months ago at the range that had 2 of them. The 6.5 CM was a taxi driver, the 300 WSM shot more like a shotgun instead of a rifle, it was horrible.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
i have a Ridgeline in 28 Nosler and its a tack driver. i havent ahd any issues with it our own Crimnson Tide has a couple atleast if not more, and i think he will echo my results of mine. the guys I have seen who complain about them seem to have things in common. 1, I believe Christensen has some flaw in their 30 calinger process. the most commoncomplaints i hear are from guys shooting 300 win mags, the other group seems to fall into guys who think Christensens break in process is fooey and you dont need to check bolt or screw tightness at all.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I'm going to shoot mine more this weekend and I'll report back. I think I only have 20'ish rounds through it so far. I'm interested in how difficult it will be to clean. When I first got it, it took longer than I thought it should being new.

Camp is where you make it.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by tzone
I'm going to shoot mine more this weekend and I'll report back. I think I only have 20'ish rounds through it so far. I'm interested in how difficult it will be to clean. When I first got it, it took longer than I thought it should being new.

waht did you end up with Tom?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I am fortunate to own a few Christensen rifles. One Mesa in 308 Win, an MPR in 308 Win, a 20 inch Ridgeline in 6.5 Creedmoor and a 24 inch Ridgeline in 270 Win. The shop where I work has been selling the brand for about 5 years or so. They aren't perfect, nothing made by man is. I can say that all of mine are very good shooters. Of all the centerfire models we have sold during that time, only one was a problem child. It was an MPR chambered for 223. It went back to Utah several times.

Now, the new Ranger 22...... I don't order those anymore. I got tired of playing ping pong.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I remember seeing some 20" Ridgelines on GB, looked pretty sweet! I wonder if they'll offer a flush mag?

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by gitem_12

I have a Mesa in .308 Win.

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

I wish they would make the Mesa with a thinner bbl contour, and offer it in other chamberings. that said I like the ones i have handled

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
What caliber are you looking for?

I have a few Kimber Montana’s and a Win M70 fwt. The Mesa seems to be a nice fit, weight wise between the two.

I have t worked up any loads for it yet. Just using factory ammo right now. But I plan to start with Barnes TTSX 130gr.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I kinda like the idea of a short, lightweight .223 rifle that's suppressor ready. I could take or leave the DBM, on a hunting rifle, but I'm glad they went with the AICS footprint, so there are aftermarket options besides their 10-rounder (looks like it's sticks out a country mile).

Thoroughly enjoying Alaska since 2001.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I wish they would make the Mesa with a thinner bbl contour, and offer it in other chamberings.

A Mesa in .223 or fast-twist .22-250 or 22 Creedmoor would be pretty sweet. A long action Mesa in .280AI would be nice, as well.

Thoroughly enjoying Alaska since 2001.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

I have a few Kimber Montana’s and a Win M70 fwt. The Mesa seems to be a nice fit, weight wise between the two.

I have t worked up any loads for it yet. Just using factory ammo right now. But I plan to start with Barnes TTSX 130gr.

id like to see the mesa with ione countour lighter of a barrel and chambered in 270 or 30-06 with a 22 inch bbl

Last edited by gitem_12; 10/24/21.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

id like to see the mesa with ione countour lighter of a barrel and chambered in 270 or 30-06 with a 22 inch bbl

I’m kinda surprised they don’t offer it more calibers. I’m wouldn’t mind one in .243 but would really like. 6CM.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by DanInAlaska
I wish they would make the Mesa with a thinner bbl contour, and offer it in other chamberings.

A Mesa in .223 or fast-twist .22-250 or 22 Creedmoor would be pretty sweet. A long action Mesa in .280AI would be nice, as well.

That would be awesome too.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by DanInAlaska

That would be awesome too.

i called and asked Christensen about the 280AI. a mesa with a 24 inch bbl in 280AI would be great.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I was looking at one at Scheels until I realized my stainless Savage Lightweight Hunter was under 7 pounds with a Razor in Talley's, loaded with sling.

I have enough "stuff" unless you're talking primers. I'm down to a few thousand right now for large rifle, and maybe 5k small. 😕

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Yep the Savage is lighter. I’m not sure they’re going after lightweight market. If they are, they’re doing it wrong. But to me it’s a real nice weight between like a Kimber Montana and say a Win M70fwt.

I did see a Savage lightweight hunter with a carbon barrel though at Frontiersman.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
635 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 12308300, 54 invisible), 2,890 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,740
Posts18,401,149
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.