Hop To
L
las Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
L
That's OK- I can handle it.

I spent half the day repurposing trees. - mostly dead standing, some deadfall. the standing was mostly natural dead from being crowded out, but some of the bigger stuff was beetle kill. This opened up the view into our yard from the road, just a little- always an issue with my wife.

Besides cleaning up the yard a bit, we can use the firewood at the rec cabin 60 miles south, that we purchased in January last.

The way I look at it, it's her fault anyway.

She should not have left me home alone with a chainsaw on a nice day....... smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by las; 10/21/21.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

GB1

L
las Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I should have thinned that chit out 30 years ago - we would have a nice spruce tree visual buffer now.... well- depending on the damned beetles. Might just have bigger firewood now. smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by las
The way I look at it, it's her fault anyway.

She should not have left me home alone with a chainsaw on a nice day....... smile

Wimmen. When will they ever learn.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
You defiantly 😳😁 need adult supervision!!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Your wife and mine must be twins...My girl is a tree hugging nightmare !

I had bring out an Arborist to prove to her that several of our trees needed to be cut to remove crowding and drop the standing dead trees....Wifey pointing up at a 70’ft tree, but, but, I can still see green on a limb. Grrrrrr! It’s dead woman, it just has reached that limb !...Grrrrr 😡🤬

22 trees got dropped last week.

Saws gotta eat, sometimes.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Way to set yourself up for a spanking Bro! Well played........

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
“It's easier to ask forgiveness than to beg for permission.”

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
las don’t beg.

He asks politely.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by las
I should have thinned that chit out 30 years ago - we would have a nice spruce tree visual buffer now.... well- depending on the damned beetles. Might just have bigger firewood now. smile

Beetle kill on the peninsula is getting ugly, and working towards getting worse. It rolled into my cabin neighborhood about a year and a half ago. Helped my neighbor take a couple infected trees out and disposed of them when they first arrived. Turned out to be a fools errand. Lots of big trees dead or dieing this summer. Was amazed at how fast they went from green to brown. Learned how to spot infected trees, it's not over yet. At this point we're just cutting for firewood (and maybe some lumber if I can find a bandsaw mill). The bugs are there, no controlling them, just let nature take its course, make the best of it.

Last edited by JimInAK; 10/21/21.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Build a corn crib

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by JimInAK
Originally Posted by las

Beetle kill on the peninsula is getting ugly, and working towards getting worse. It rolled into my cabin neighborhood about a year and a half ago. Helped my neighbor take a couple infected trees out and disposed of them when they first arrived. Turned out to be a fools errand. Lots of big trees dead or dieing this summer. Was amazed at how fast they went from green to brown. Learned how to spot infected trees, it's not over yet. At this point we're just cutting for firewood (and maybe some lumber if I can find a bandsaw mill). The bugs are there, no controlling them, just let nature take its course, make the best of it.

A friend in the valley has a mill and is building a 30x40 (IIRC) shop from standing dead beetle kill.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Morewood
“It's easier to ask forgiveness than to beg for permission.”

I am with this guy.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

What ever size shop you build, it's never big enough! Planning to retire to the cabin (summers) in a few years. A 30x40ish shop is on the top of the must haves. I probably have enough dead/dieing timber for a sauna and a fish cleaning shed. Sadly it won't be hard to make up the deficit sourcing from the neighboring areas.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1337Fungi, 1941USMC, 52 invisible), 2,577 guests, and 1,113 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,312
Posts18,468,241
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.