Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 19 20
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by papat
Breitbart story says baldwin cocked it and pulled the trigger. Had live rounds in it. A total and complete moron. Ignored every safety rule ever. He needs to be hung now.

If that is correct then he is criminally culpable whether he knew it was loaded or not.

You and I would be in gaol if we did the same and killed someone.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I'm no expert on prop guns. However, I did get approached once years ago to "rent" a real gun to a community theater production. I said "Hell NO!" and walked away. It got me thinking about prop guns. I started looking into it just to get an idea of what was involved.

Somebody who knows more about this is free to correct me. I didn't think live rounds could be fired from a prop gun. Prop guns are modified to only shoot specially prepared blanks. The barrels are modified. Live rounds are nowhere near the set. Furthermore, somebody properly versed in the prop stays in charge of it. It's their job to see it gets properly and safely used.

So the DP gets hit with a live round. From there to the conclusion of the event, everything that comes out of that prop is now purposeful, willful. How many shots were fired? How many people? Why was Alec trying to kill them?

This really stinks.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It makes no sense.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The little I know of the movie industry aside, I can envision a producer/director demanding a certain 'look' they desire and demand a functioning firearm that satisfies that look. Real props are completely incapable of discharging a projectile, but the pressure wave can be significant at extremely close range. However, the fact that two were shot, to me, rules out the accidental aspect. Not a misfire, and with two pulls of the trigger, it'll be hard to argue negligence. With the small amount of information available it looks either deliberate or completely reckless/dumbassery. But I'm not on the jury that will hear it,,,,,yet.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AZmark
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Too bad it wasn’t Alec Baldwin.

Agree^^^^^^^

At the end of the day, I bet the investigation reveals he was acting like the idiot he is.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
I read the gun had live ammunition in it.

"Alec Baldwin cocked and fired a gun meant to be loaded with blanks on the set of his movie “Rust,” and “did not know the prop contained live rounds.” Cinematographer Halyna Hutchins was killed; the film’s director, Joel Souza, is in intensive care."

Last edited by killerv; 10/22/21.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ah yes... The price one pays for their hypocrisy...

Coyotes shot no waiting.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Misfire my ass.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by killerv

"Alec Baldwin cocked and fired a gun meant to be loaded with blanks on the set of his movie “Rust,” and “did not know the prop contained live rounds.” Cinematographer Halyna Hutchins was killed; the film’s director, Joel Souza, is in intensive care."

The armourer on the set of the movie is responsible for every weapon and ammo of any sort on the entire set.

A good one checks all weapons, ammo, loads and weapons several times during the shooting of a scene. They personally hand the gun off to the assigned actor, and personally load the gun with the prescribed blanks, and supervise each actor and each weapon.

Not only that but they should give a class to all movie personnel before filming starts about safety, handling, etc.

Any infractions can have serious consequences. But, when it's the lead actor who thinks their chit don't stink, it's pretty hard to get them expelled from the set of a movie.... That's why it's usually the famous guys that have the mishaps.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by killerv

The armourer on the set of the movie is responsible for every weapon and ammo of any sort on the entire set.

A good one checks all weapons, ammo, loads and weapons several times during the shooting of a scene. They personally hand the gun off to the assigned actor, and personally load the gun with the prescribed blanks, and supervise each actor and each weapon.

Not only that but they should give a class to all movie personnel before filming starts about safety, handling, etc.

Any infractions can have serious consequences. But, when it's the lead actor who thinks their chit don't stink, it's pretty hard to get them expelled from the set of a movie.... That's why it's usually the famous guys that have the mishaps.

Hubris in action. I agree with your take on the armorer's role, but still,,,if a gun is in your hand, it's your responsibility. Baldwin also being the producer makes it even more difficult to admonish him for mishandling a weapon. In the middle of a scene, you have to trust that the weapon handed to you is safe, but the reports paint a picture of him playing grabass. Still, what the hell were live rounds doing anywhere near the set?

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What a sad situation, but liberals have been hurting and killing people with poor decisions for decades.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
And how lucky are the cast members that he would have been shooting at? Wonder why he decided to point it at the director and crew member. He think he was being funny or something or maybe in one his rages?

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Maybe Baldwin should suggest he be tried for murder. He is very critical of others.

Thanks, Billy
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Where is it written that he fired twice?

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Granted, I make an assumption with two injured.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
I read an article once about a guy that made his pile of money furnishing weapons for use in movies. They were real weapons and he had quite a collection of them. That was a long time ago and what they do now I couldn't say. I will say that it's sort of kismet that it happened to one of the biggest jackasses in Hollywood. I hate that innocents were killed and maimed.

Without knowing more about it it would be hard to assign blame.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rainshot

Not really.

From what I see, the armourer and Baldwin are the one's responsible.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by rainshot

Not really.

From what I see, the armourer and Baldwin are the one's responsible.

Yep.

But betting it's the armourer who gets hung out to dry, not Baldwin.
Seeing how Baldwin is an insufferable know-it-all in every other aspect of his life, I would bet he is the one most responsible.

Maybe he and his wife will flee to Spain.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We need some common sense prop gun control.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jwp475

Where is it written that he fired twice?

Good point.

Page 3 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

607 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1minute, 160user, 22250rem, 1_deuce, 62 invisible), 2,156 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,278
Posts18,448,479
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.