Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Going on 2 years now with minimal reloading supplies showing up at local retailers. Curious if there are some new reasons why?.....actually starting to wonder if we will ever get back to normal.........

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
GB1

E
ERK Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
E
According to Biden and his twat it’s because we buy to much. How can you buy to much when it’s not on the shelf. Inquiring minds want to know. Edk

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I'm guessing its because most companies were shut down because of the China virus

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
The offshore suppliers probably have limited ability to ship, and some like ADI are under armed lockdown frown

For things that are made in the US, their suppliers may be screwed.

Demand is still sky high - it seems highly likely war is coming, and even those with no grasp of historical context are seeing it.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
According to the US manufacturers they are making components in record amounts. One conspiracy theory I heard was the liberals we’re paying for BOT programs and the minute it shows in stock the flood the system and get it bought up quick, they must have a big warehouse because I’ve been keeping close track on components especially primers and they are none to be had.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MadDog4298
According to the US manufacturers they are making components in record amounts. One conspiracy theory I heard was the liberals we’re paying for BOT programs and the minute it shows in stock the flood the system and get it bought up quick, they must have a big warehouse because I’ve been keeping close track on components especially primers and they are none to be had.

Hmmm, I guess the liberals most also have an unlimited supply of money. So much for crackpot conspiracy theories.

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I'm set so it doesn't really affect me, but I haven't seen any ammo or reload supplies recently. I'm beginning to think there could be a conspiracy or conspiracies.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by BFaucett

Hmmm, I guess the liberals most also have an unlimited supply of money. So much for crackpot conspiracy theories.

Very little of it is being bought by liberals (which is good). What is happening is that companies don't like to be seen selling at the market clearing price because it's viewed as price gouging, so one way or another supply gets diverted in backroom deals so that it can be sold on auction sites or to friends and family.

Most components are in stock on Gunbroker. You may not like the price, but they are there.

A large amount is also being sucked up by commercial ammo manufacture. There's more money to be made selling ammo at $3/round than there is selling the pieces of it for half that.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Ammo.and bullets are starting to show up
at the Bass Pro shop near me....I went up there tonight and they had almost a complete line of Hornady bullets and a lot of rifle and pistol ammo....but still no primers or powder. I feel like they are coming soon.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Aren't a lot of Ramshot/Western powders made in Australia?

Scott
IC B3

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by scottfromdallas

Aren't a lot of Ramshot/Western powders made in Australia?

Ramshot is mostlyBelgium. ADI, which makes the Hodgdon Extreme line among others, is Australian.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
It's just not bullets, primers, and powder that are nowhere. Simple things like old Lee loader kits are always out of stock and prices for these are staggering on Ebay and other places. Why? Those were never high demand items but now they're rare and highly priced.

The AR rifle market is now cold but the hunting rifle and accessory market is still selling. How in the world have we landed in a place where 30-06 and 270win cant be found on shelves in the middle of America. There no excuse for it.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
How are the gun shows doing? I was thinking about the availability of used dies, presses, scales, etc.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Within the last 18 months i have purchased some 1200 7mm and 308 caliber bullets mostly Hornady sst's, eld m's, interlocks and sierra gk's. An 8 # keg of h4350 and h414, 2 #'s of 7828ssc and R-23 [ i left behind a 8 #er of R-23] And just last week a brick of 215m primers. All from my local stores! Keep in in mind i didn't buy everything they had, just what i needed or wanted to tryout! And there has been alot of loaded ammo showing up in the last 6-8 months! Caveat everything sells quickly u snooze u lose!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As soon as ammo manufacturers (i.e. Hornady) start firing employees due to vaccine mandate non-compliance, it will get worse.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Seems like supply has gotten better of late, in my experience. I've bought several pounds of powder and a couple bricks of primers in the last couple months. Online stores have been getting stuff back in stock fairly regularly lately, it just sells out FAST, so you gotta keep an eye open for when they get things back in stock or you'll miss it.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
No powder or primers in my reloading store, a few bullets.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
This is just the beginning of the shortages. Things are going to get a lot worse and more expensive. Be prepared for a long ride. There may never be " back to normal " again.

J
Joe Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I contacted Speer 3 days ago asking if they were making rifle bullets anymore since I've not seen any in stock for over a year. Here is their response:
Thank you for reaching out to us and we appreciate your business and patience. The team here is working hard to meet demand and ship orders as soon as possible. We’ve hired additional staff, purchased new equipment, and are constantly improving to get your ammo out the door faster. We are shipping product weekly to many locations across the country—please keep in touch with your local dealer, online retailers and our own website for updates.

Thank you,

Shew me thy ways, O LORD: teach me thy paths.
"there are few better cartridges on Earth than the 7 x 57mm Mauser"
"the .30 Springfield is light, accurate, penetrating, and has surprising stopping power"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 7mm_Loco
Within the last 18 months i have purchased some 1200 7mm and 308 caliber bullets mostly Hornady sst's, eld m's, interlocks and sierra gk's. An 8 # keg of h4350 and h414, 2 #'s of 7828ssc and R-23 [ i left behind a 8 #er of R-23] And just last week a brick of 215m primers. All from my local stores! Keep in in mind i didn't buy everything they had, just what i needed or wanted to tryout! And there has been alot of loaded ammo showing up in the last 6-8 months! Caveat everything sells quickly u snooze u lose!

How exciting for you !!!!

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

614 members (10ring1, 1337Fungi, 1941USMC, 12344mag, 16penny, 10Glocks, 59 invisible), 2,640 guests, and 1,124 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,306
Posts18,468,155
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.