Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
The bottom line is any Covid info requirements that are current now may be irrelevant 6 months from now……

GB1

G
GRF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
M3Taco; when I flew to Namibia in early September (ancient news Covid travel wise) the Namibian government website insisted upon Covid insurance to enter the country. The interesting thing is that the check in desk in Calgary confirmed the insurance and my Covid tests. No one in Namibia asked for either.

When I flew in no proof of vaccine was required.

Between confirming I was going ahead with the trip in June and departing in early September Namibia changed their Covid policies about 5 times.

For the 10-12 days I was in Namibia they changed their policies twice.

Point being sir you are correct what was policy a month ago sure as hell is not policy today. Good advice for folks to set aside a little extra cash for the Covid hassle expenses.

Good luck getting this trip filled up it sounds like a grand time.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by jdollar
The bottom line is any Covid info requirements that are current now may be irrelevant 6 months from now……

Keep getting those boosters and wearing that mask. Can't be too careful.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I'd do this again. Wife and I has a great time photo'ing Etosha for a couple of days, fishing for another and an ATV ride in the Nanib desert and, well hunting for a week. Imgur is sucking at the moment.

https://www.africanhuntingnamibia.com/hunting-safaris/

Conduct is the best proof of character.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Yep, got that right. Cheap( free) insurance. If you want to travel outside the US, get the jab. Otherwise you will be staying home. Simple choice…..

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Yep, got that right. Cheap( free) insurance. If you want to travel outside the US, get the jab. Otherwise you will be staying home. Simple choice…..

You go girl.......keep gulping down that Fauci and PedoJoe BS. Given you're another mindnumb AR alum, I'm really not surprised at the regurgitated nonsense you speak of. Insurance my asss........

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I love to travel outside the US, I guess you don’t. No sweat. I’ll be in South Africa in August, you won’t…. And IIRC, Trump is vaccinated and boosted so I guess he believes the BS too.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I'll be wherever I want to be, without your libtard leaders telling me what to do. I forgot you like schitthole vacations. Must be embarrassing to have your nose that far up Fauci asss.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
No you won’t be wherever you want to be unless it’s in the US. Since this is an African hunting forum, I assume you have a passing interest in African hunting. I’ve been in n 9 counties in the last 7 months, including 3 in Southern Africa. They all required a vaccination card and a recent negative COVID test. And I guess Trump is one of the libtards you hate, since he admits he is vaccinated. Care to explain that?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I voted for Trump twice, and would again tomorrow. I think he's a stupidasss in some ways though, and you're a stupidasss if you believe anything the CDC, WHO, Fauci, or Biden have to say about this farce of a vaccine.

Actually I could give a ratsazzz if someone wants to get vaxed. You've posted here several times, and numerous times over with your AR douchnozzzle buds that anyone who isn't vaxed is a complete moron, and the only moron in that argument is you. Congrats on your travels and the fact that you have to come on here and brag about it. Typical little man's syndrome.

Yes, I'll be wherever I want to be, whenever I want, and schittthole countries aren't one of them.

IC B3

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I repeat you won’t be goingwherever you want to, whenever you want to unless you stay in this country. That’s a simple fact you’re incapable of grasping. If you have no interest in African hunting, why screw up someone’s post here with worthless, useless comments? M3taco is trying to help people arrange a Namibian hunt. What are you trying to do?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I repeat that you have no idea where I want to go. You can't grasp the simple fact that you don't know. I'm showing what an arrogant fraud you are. Are you signed up with M3 for his trip? If not, why are you posting here? You're a joke little man. You need to migrate back over to AR with the losers that share your libtard point of view on vax mandates.

M
M3taco Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Gentlemen all:

While I appreciate you both keeping this thread bumped to the top of the this sub-forum, may I respectfully request/suggest you open your own thread regarding the topic of your discussion.

I've just spent the last few minutes on-line looking up US Embassies in Namibia, South Africa and Botswana, as well as their embassies in the US.

AS OF TODAY:

1. I can find no CURRENT requirement for proof of current jab status to board a US originating flight to either of these three countries. If someone has an official government link stating otherwise regarding these three countries, please post it up.

2. I can find no CURRENT requirement for proof of current jab status for US citizens to enter those three countries. If someone has an official government link stating otherwise regarding these three countries, please post it up.

3. I can find no CURRENT requirement for proof of current jab status to TRANSIT, South Africa, Germany, Ethiopia, Qatar, or Switzerland. If someone has an official government link stating otherwise regarding these three countries, please post it up.

Any kind of predictions as to what might happen in the future is not much more than a WAG.

Thank you and Happy New Year.

PS - Make a plan.

Last edited by M3taco; 12/31/21. Reason: Added Ethiopia
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Thanks for the clarification, and Happy New Year to you as well. jdollar has a perpetual habit of talking out his asss.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Good luck with what I’m sure will be a fun hunt. Jan has a fine reputation. As you say, any predictions about international travel months from now is a guess.

M
M3taco Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Happy New Year to all!

So….I’ve decided to take my own advice and “make a plan” for this trip. I’ve already got the basic framework of actual hunting days, 23 Jun thru 2 Jul. I’ve put all this together to help anyone seriously thinking about this trip with me. I’ve looked at:

a) Currently available airline routes and trying to compare/assess pros and cons of each. Such things as price point (using economy class as the standard baseline), US point of origin for the transatlantic leg over, total number of days/hours each way, overnight layovers, code/share baggage handling agreements etc.

b) CURRENT Rona testing requirements each way etc.

c) I looked at prices directly off the various carrier’s websites and not discount brokers or travel agents who may or may not be able to get better prices or string connections together that may not always mean code shares or baggage handling agreements between the carriers.

d) I’ve looked at Delta, United, Qatar and Ethiopian. I’ve priced the flights out from their respective US hub to try and get a better snapshot of price point comparable. The wildcard here is the remaining r/t cost from you to these hubs.

Here is what I am currently LEANING towards – United from Newark.

What has me leaning this way is it’s a 8:45pm departure and most people from most locations in the US can get to Newark well before then. Most US based airlines will have code share/baggage handling agreements with United so, you’ll check your stuff in from your point of origin and don’t have to deal with it until we get to Jberg. It WILL mean an overnight in Jberg meaning we’ll have to stay overnight, (recommend City Lodge right in the terminal complex). The next day, we’d arrive in Windhoek early enough to be at Jan’s late that afternoon. United code shares with SA Airlink. Not so important going over since we have to claim luggage/rifles for the overnight (I’ll do the ZA temp gun import permits for everyone) but coming back, it all SHOULD be checked all the way back to Newark. The return flight from Windhoek departs after lunch. Based on this and the CURRENT Rona testing requirements means we’d probably add an overnight stay in Windhoek before we depart. We could either cut one day off the hunting or just add a day in Windhoek (my recommendation).

General idea, depending on the time table of the FIRST person to commit to this is we would either leave Jan’s a day early. Leisure breakfast and drive back to Windhoek and have time to make a few souvenir stops along the way and kill a few hours in the downtown area shopping and seeing a few pretty good store/shops, get our Rona test (the 4-6 hr results one) and dinner at Joe’s Beerhouse. I’ve got a couple of VERY nice B&B’s we’d stay at (Villa Violet) just 800m from Joe’s. Leisurely breakfast and off to the airport mid morning via a private van shuttle guy I know ($25 ea or less).

We’d have a reasonable connection time in Jberg (4hrs of so) and with the SA Airlink codeshare , means luggage/rifles SHOULD BE checked all the way back to Newark. The Newark arrival is early morning and you should be able to make same day connections all the way home.

As I mentioned above, the FIRST person who commits to this trip will have a good bit of preference as to the routing/airline and either cutting a hunting day or adding a travel day at the end. If it was me flying alone or with Anila, I still think it would be this route. It’s a long first day and a long overnight flight over. The overnight at the City Lodge (about $135 US) is a great way to get long hot shower, stretch out in big bed etc. The dining room dinner menu is pretty good and the breakfast buffet is KILLER! It’s inside the main terminal, literally a 5 min walk from the SAPS office where we’d claim the rifles and a porter and luggage trolley takes all our kit for a few $$ “tip”.

Again, the only things that really need to have meat on the bones of this is deciding on the departure date from Windhoek – do you want to cut a day off the hunting time or just add an extra day in Windhoek. Regardless if no one goes along, I’m still going.
Last note on this – the sooner you decide, the better. Airline ticket prices start to go up quickly right around the time the outdoor conventions/shows finish up. I’ll be getting my tickets for this trip and the Aug Bots trip NLT the end of Feb. Once I lock a ticket, if you decide to go, you’ll be committed to my route and schedule.

I've got a plan. Time to start making yours! laugh

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
How long are passport renewals/processing nowadays for those affected?

M
M3taco Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
JG:

Unknown, likely unknowable. Other than some anecdotal online posts last year claiming 12-16 weeks. Obviously can't vouch for the validity of those posts.

I do know that Namibia requires:

1 - A MIMIMUM of 6 months of validity from the date of your scheduled DEPARTURE from Namibia

2 - A MINIMUM of 6 blank visa pages when you enter Namibia. A "blank page" is defined as a single side of each physical page/sheet. You have to remember, if you clear immigration at any point along the way while in transit, you will receive a "stamp" of some sort in your passport. So, if you leave the secure area in say Frankfurt or Amsterdam, Zurich etc or in this case Jberg to overnight at City Lodge, your passport will be stamped twice - once entering the country and once on departure. Depending on the size of the stamp, they could be on the same single page or take up a full page for each. Your passport will also be stamped in Jberg just going thru the transit corridor to catch a connecting flight.

In my current one, I have some that are physical sheets that are pasted in that take up an entire page. Other pages have up to six different stamps on the page.

Bottom line to me is, if it expires anytime this year (2022), and you even remotely think you might need it, I'd get it submitted ASAP.

M
M3taco Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
This is the response I received this morning form the US Embassy in Windhoek.

U.S. Embassy Windhoek, U.S Citizen Services <acswindhoekstate.gov>
To: m3taco@***********.com

Tue, Jan 4 at 7:55 AM

Good afternoon Mr. ***********,

Medical / Travel insurance is always good to have, but not required by our government. Several airlines require it (like Lufthansa) - and it should include COVID.

Anything can happen, and without it, it can become a problem. Medical expenses are expensive!

In Namibia, nothing about the RT-PCR testing has changed yet. Please still follow what Namibia requires to get in, and then again what America requires to go back.

Please keep in mind that June is still far away, much can change, even in a matter of weeks.

We hope this helps.

Sincerely,

American Citizen Service

Sent: Thursday, December 30, 2021 12:55 PM
To: U.S. Embassy Windhoek, U.S Citizen Services <ACSWindhoekstate.gov>
Subject: Are US Citizens (tourists) Required to Have Covid Care Medical Insurance

Dear Sir or Ma'am:

I'm planning on visiting Namibia again in June of this year. I've been checking on the Covid testing and health requirements for entering Namibia. One of the items I've seen posting on a few travel forums is that Namibia requires non-Namibian citizens to obtain and provide proof if medical insurance/travel medical insurance that provides coverage for Covid medical care should it be needed while in the country.

A few rumors/websites have a statement about this but most do not. I've looked over the US Embassy Namibia website and it covers the PCR testing requirements but mentions nothing about showing proof of Covid specific or at least included, medical insurance coverage. Can you provide specific clarification about this?

Second question - as I understand it, the US govt/CDC is suspending/recalling the use of the RT-PCR testing effective 1 Jan 2022 but, as of yet have not identified an authorized replacement test. Any info or guidance on this.

Thanks for your assistance and yes, I fully understand the fluidity and rapidity of the changing Covid requirements but, any specific info on the insurance question would be much appreciated.

v/r

Michael ***********

._________________________

So...the govt is trying to convince the un-jabbed to get the jab because the jabs work while at the same time, the same govts are trying to convince the already jabbed to get jabbed several more times because none of the previous jabs worked....really?

"Remember to get vaccinated or an already vaccinated person might get sick from the virus they've been vaccinated against because you're not vaccinated." ~ Biden (1942- )

"Intelligent people learn from everything and everyone; average people from their experiences, stupid people have all the answers." ~ Socrates (470-399BC)

So, it appears that the insurance requirement is not currently required. Per the Embassy, it would seem that Lufthansa and perhaps it's subsidiary Euro Wings may have had the requirement. I just checked both carriers websites and see nothing about Covid medical insurance, only the current testing AND/OR proof of jabs or certified recovery from the Rona.

Only other note I'll make on this is that there seems to be a possibility, at least, the "pandemic" may be burning itself out to a large extent due to the Omicron variant. Current medical reports from South Africa (a country with a relatively low vaccination rate per capita) seem to indicate case loads are falling dramatically and hospitalizations due to Rona are nearly nonexistent. The Dutch Ministry of Health (country with one of the highest vacation rates per capita) just reported the same info yesterday/today.

http://republicbrief.com/denmark-health-chief-says-omicron-is-about-to-end-the-pandemic/
https://citizenfreepress.com/breaki...he-chart-compared-to-vaccinated-nations/

Again, this trip is still 5 months out and in this day and age $hit with this seems to change more often then some change their underwear. sick

So, bottom line to me is still, "make a plan" and GO! Whether it is with me on one of these trips or, to Africa in general with someone else - GO!

Last edited by M3taco; 01/04/22.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Great job presenting the actual facts, instead of relying on the lies, misguided opinions, and complete BS as presented by the likes of jdollar and a few others, specifically the "you're not going to Africa unless your vaxed" Fauci/jdollar propaganda. Just shows who you can trust and who you can't even if you are a "doctor", which was my position in this fiasco in the first place.

It is now quite obvious....nice work Michael.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

569 members (1minute, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10GaugeKS, 1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 61 invisible), 2,205 guests, and 1,282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,286
Posts18,448,823
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.