Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
M
M3taco Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
OK, I know everyone is either starting or getting ready to start US based hunting seasons and for a lot of people even thinking about Africa for 2022 is somewhere over the horizon. But, for some who need to start sorting out/scheduling vacation time for 2022, I want to get this posted up now. Also, it might be a good time for guys in the deer camps or duck blinds to have an opportunity kick it around together. So.....

For 2022, I have the following dates locked in with Sebra Safaris with Jan & Mariesje du Plessis.

Pick up in Windhoek on 22 Jun 2022.
Hunt 23 Jun thru 2 Jul - that's 10-full hunting days
Travel home 3 July and should be home on the 4th.

Those hunting dates are centered over prime full dark of the Jun/Jul moon.

I understand the travel details are still sketchy and for now, 7 full months out, is fine. There are way too many unknowns and still unknowable at this time. All of these revolve around what airlines will be flying then, what routes work for everyone, Covid related testing and travel requirements etc. The MOST important thing at this point is deciding if you want to go. Everything else can be sorted out along the way.

For example, being picked up in Windhoek on 22 Jun. Depending on the available flights in and arrival times, IF we land in Windhoek early in the morning, say 10 am or before, we'd be picked up at the airport and drive straight to Jan's (about a 6-hr drive) Otherwise, we'll have to arrive in Windhoek a day before (21st) and stay overnight in Windhoek. Not to worry, I know several TERRIFIC places to stay and several TERRIFIC restaurants in town. Jan would pick us up the next morning (22nd) and drive to Sebra. Would be there early afternoon, light lunch, a little unpacking, hit the range for rifle checks and still time for an afternoon orientation hunt.

Coming back on 3 Jul is similar situation depending on departure flight. If it's a late afternoon departure, we'd go straight from Sebra to the airport. If we get early morning departure, we'd stay overnight either in Okahandja or Windhoek and fly out the next morning. Again, all this is still too early to try and sort out.

Jan & Mariesje's lodging/bungalow you see on their website consists of two private rooms each with en-suite private shower/toilets. Each room can be configured for either a queen size or two twin size beds. My bunk will be in the PH room off the skinning shed. So, this means the "small group" can be me +2 if each want private rooms or if willing to share a room, up to 4x.

This will be a "closed camp". Our group will be the ONLY people hunting on the approximately 50,000 US acres between his and his father's farms. Both are low-fence, free range. He also has access to several large (5000-37000 acre) high-fence properties for non-endemic PG species. Native/endemic species would be, Damara land Dik-Dik, steenbok, gray duiker, klipspringer, springbok, gemsbok, kudu and mountain zebra. Other species on the list below would be hunted "off property" on neighboring farms but, all less than an hour away. You have to remember the general sized of the farms there are very large so, travel time between farms takes a bit.

Last of the admin notes - because of all the travel/Covid unknowns at this time, anyone seriously interested in wanting to go and willing to make a serious commitment just needs to say so publicly here. No deposit money is required at this time. I have money on deposit with Jan to lock in those dates. No deposit (50% of the total daily rate) until 120-days before we arrive unless your are seriously committed absolutely want to lock in. I will also keep a list of the those publicly committing and alternates in case any of the first to commit change their minds. That 120-day cut-off still allows an alternate time to get packed, paperwork and airline tickets.

Now that all the opening admin queep is done here's the price list. Note - these are the SAME prices posted for 2020!!!

2022 DAILY RATES AND TROPHY FEES:
* All prices are in U.S. Dollars

1 Hunter / 1 Guide (1 x 1) $350.00 per person per day
2 Hunters / 1 Guide (2 x 1) $275.00 per person per day
Observer $150.00 per person per day
Daytrip to Etosha $400.00 per person per day
*Arrival and departure days will count as transport days and will be charged at the observer rate.

2022 TROPHY FEES:

Giraffe $2000.00 Duiker $550.00 Eland $2750.00
Klipspringer $1750.00 Kudu $1750.00 Steenbok $500.00
Gemsbok $850.00 Damara dik-dik $2500.00 Springbok $650.00
Baboon $200.00 Blue W/B $1650.00 Cheetah $3000.00
Black W/B $1650.00 Spotted Hyena $1750.00 Red H/B $900.00
Brown Hyena $1750.00 Hartmann’s Zebra$1350.00 Caracal $650.00
Warthog $650.00 Impala $850.00 Jackal $50.00
Sable (Price on Request) Waterbuck (Price on Request)

**Other species available on request**

Leopard package: (contact us for details)
14 days: $17,500.00
21 days: $21,500.00

GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
•Full room and board accommodation. •Issuing of permits for some species is subjected to changing quotas. •Lost, wounded game considered “taken” and charged at full price. • Daytrip fee replaces normal daily rates. • The issuing of permits for some species is subjected to quotas additional limited government imposed quotas. •No hidden costs!

PRICES INCLUDE:
•Hunting permit. •PH services. •Use of hunting vehicles. •Initial preparation of trophies – skinning, salting/drying and delivery to local taxidermist. •Accommodation. •All meals, soft drinks, wine and beer. •Daily laundry and maid service •Government mandated 15% VAT on daily rates. •There are no hidden fees!

PRICES EXCLUDE:
•Any and all taxidermist fees. •Dipping, packing and shipping of trophies. •International phone calls. •Insurance and medical expenses. •Tips and Gratuities. •Hard alcohol/liquor

TERMS OF BUSINESS:
• Confirmation of a plains game hunt booking will require a deposit of $1500.00. • Confirmation of a leopard hunt booking will require a deposit of $3000.00. • The balance of the total daily rate is due 60-days prior to the start of your safari. •Trophy fees and any safari extras, are due and payable at the completion of your safari. • Payment must be paid in cash or wire transfer before leaving Namibia. Namibian banks do not accept non-Namibian based bank issued personal checks, travelers checks, cashiers checks, certified checks or money orders.

CANCELLATION POLICY:
• Safaris cancelled more than 180-days prior to scheduled safari date - 50% of the deposit will be refunded. • Safaris cancelled between 180-days and 60-days prior to scheduled safari date - no deposit will be refunded. • Safaris cancelled less than 60-days prior to scheduled safari date - total daily rate will be forfeited unless the client finds a replacement. • Rescheduling, instead of refunding, is possible on a case by case and open date available basis.

GB1

M
M3taco Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
A little weekend update on things in Namibia.

Did a little airline and airfare check just now. It looks like Lufthansa will be offering daily flts from Frankfurt to Windhoek by this June. Most Frankfurt arrivals going over seem to be overnight from the US with morning arrivals and 8-12hr layovers. We've done this route in the past and gotten a "dayroom" just off terminal for a good hot shower a long nap, dinner and back to the terminal. Returns seem to be a 4-8hr layover in Frankfurt. For the shorter layovers, there are showers available in the terminal for a few bucks and worth every penny.

Arrival in Windhoek is about 8am and departure is about 6pm so no need to stay overnight going in or on the way home....unless you'd want to spend a day/night in Windhoek doing a little souvenir shopping and dinner a Joe's Beerhouse. Economy class from Tampa was about $1500 US. Not bad.

G
GRF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
M3Taco; is that Lufthansa or one of their subsidiaries that fly in and out of Windhoek? This September I flew with Eurowings Discover, a subsidiary of Lufthansa, to and from Windhoek.

There were a few issues with EW Discover since they were so new; relating to trying to upgrade seats to "economy plus", as well the fee they charged to fly a rifle out was outrageous.

Perhaps check those out before booking with Lufthansa just so you know exactly what you are contacting for.

All the best.

GRF

M
M3taco Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Thanks GRF. Originally, I didn't look that closely. I was just doing a little digging around just to see what might be available CURRENTLY. You were correct, the flt from the US to FRA is on Lufthansa proper but then from FRA to WDH it is on Euro Wings Discovery.

Delta/KLM used to have daily flts from Amsterdam (AMS) direct into WDH that we've taken several times BR (Before Rona) but, even that looks like it now only routes from AMS to Frankfurt (FRA) and transfers to EW Discovery into WDH too.

Ethiopian Air has flts 3x per week direct flts from Addis Ababa and then there is going thru J'berg that shows just SA Airlink as the primary connection carrier between.

One more possible route is British Airways via London. That has a number of obstacles: Can US travelers even transit London without the "show me your papers" jab. Next you have to transfer between Heathrow and Gatwick - not economically feasible with firearms and not sure if the leg from London is with BA direct or with their sub-partner Condor Air that I think may not allow firearms.

Between the Rona and SA Airlines and Air Namibia going tits up, not a lot of choices left.

I sent an email to EW Discovery to see what their fees are supposed to be for "sporting firearms" carriage are and also if luggage is still held in transit baggage during long layovers like BR or if it has to be claimed and rechecked.

Looks like as of NOW anyway, the ways to get into Namibia are pretty limited.

Last edited by M3taco; 11/22/21.
G
GRF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
M3; if I recall correctly I paid something like $4300 Nam for my rifle to go in my luggage. If the rifle is checked through to your final destination the German government does not require any paperwork for the firearm.

If the firearms leaves the control of the airlines and needs to be "touched" no matter how briefly you need German government approvals. On my way home this September my rifle ended up "in Germany", I needed to claim it and check it with Air Canada. This involved a short but reasonable conversation with the German police. I detailed this little adventure in the last instalment of my post on hunt.

The situation in Ethiopia raises concerns with that route.

Despite all the concerns about travel I most enthusiastically encourage any who is interested to go and hunt Africa.

Best of luck in getting this trip booked up.

GRF

IC B2

M
M3taco Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
GRF:

$4300 ND is about $250 US, give or take. Seems like more and more airlines are charging extra fees for firearm carriage. Ethiopians' website says $100 US each way. SA Airlink and Air Botswana charge between $35-$50 US each way for just their short hops. Lufthansa's web says it something like $80 each way. Delta show extra fee only if you exceed the 2x fee checked bag limit. Seems like most airlines are adding some sort of extra fee now for firearms.

I'm pretty sure it has to do with the extra paperwork and handling that has to take place for firearm carriage in addition to specialized handlers/security people that are actually allowed handle the cases and transfer them between flights etc. Think of firearms as having to be handled now like US Registered mail. Has to be signed for between each and every person who touches it or moves it from point A to B.

Again, my original comment about airlines/routes was just about seeing what kind of possibilities CURRENTLY existed. The trip is still 6-months out and things can change a bit by then.

M
M3taco Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Did a little checking over the weekend on airlines and routes from the US to Windhoek. Getting to Windhoek pre-Covid (with firearms) was not the easiest and now that SAA and Air Namibia are tits up, choices are a bit more limited. Looks like "generally" and currently the route options are limited to flights that route thru three main "hubs" if you will. Johannesburg, Frankfurt and Addis Ababa.

From Frankfurt, the connector airline is SA Airlink. There is another Namibia based regional carrier that is trying to pick-up for Air Namibia but it is not showing up in the on-line flight booking info that code shares with the majors. The flights I found online via Frank all seemed to route thru Jberg in some fashion. Same with Qatar Air, United and Delta. All route via Jberg.

Ethiopian Air from Newark to Addis Ababa does go straight in to Windhoek three days a week without going thru Jberg.

Just passing on some general info if anyone is thinking about going.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Thanks pondering a trip this year.

Originally Posted by M3taco
Did a little checking over the weekend on airlines and routes from the US to Windhoek. Getting to Windhoek pre-Covid (with firearms) was not the easiest and now that SAA and Air Namibia are tits up, choices are a bit more limited. Looks like "generally" and currently the route options are limited to flights that route thru three main "hubs" if you will. Johannesburg, Frankfurt and Addis Ababa.

From Frankfurt, the connector airline is SA Airlink. There is another Namibia based regional carrier that is trying to pick-up for Air Namibia but it is not showing up in the on-line flight booking info that code shares with the majors. The flights I found online via Frank all seemed to route thru Jberg in some fashion. Same with Qatar Air, United and Delta. All route via Jberg.

Ethiopian Air from Newark to Addis Ababa does go straight in to Windhoek three days a week without going thru Jberg.

Just passing on some general info if anyone is thinking about going.

M
M3taco Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Ribka and everyone else.

Whether someone decides to go with me on one of these small group things I put together or not, you'll always notice I encourage anyone with a desire for a first trip or 30th trip, make a plan and GO! The countries are changing rapidly, in some ways for the better and some ways not so much. It will likely never be better than NOW. If you've made a trip a few years ago and decide to go back again to say, Namibia, you will be astonished at the amount of development that has occurred.

The number of NICE housing developments and shopping malls that have been built in and around Windhoek and the other major cities is astonishing. And yet, 10-15 minutes drive outside of them is still "bush". Besides the housing and commercial developments the biggest change is the huge influx of Chinese, both people and businesses and money. This alone, in my few anyway, will have the most long lasting and likely irreversible impact on all of Africa.

I envy those who got to experience "Africa" thirty, forty, fifty years ago but, I'm equally grateful I got to experience for the first time nearly 25 yrs ago. All I'm saying is don't wait so that someday in the future you can say, "man, I'm so glad I got to experience "Africa" then". As I have told so many, the reason I do these small group hunts is to help people get their first trip and maybe only trip under their belts. My bet is, IF you go once, you'll start "making a plan" for your next trip before you leave your first one.

Happy New Year to all!

P.S. New Year's resolution - Make a Plan. laugh

Michael

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
M3Taco: Does Namibia still require foreign visitors provide proof of insurance covering COVID hospitalization in the event of a positive COVID test while in country? It’s my understanding that without the proof of insurance travelers will be denied boarding flights to WDH or if arriving in WDH without the proof will be immediately be denied entry and sent hone on the next available flight.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests
IC B3

M
M3taco Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
News to me.

Have you got links (current) to any official US or Namibian govt websites stating it's required or just interweb rumors.

The US Embassy Namibia in Windhoek's web site doesn't say anything about it. But, then what do they know? crazy
US Embassy-Namibia

I emailed them just in case you know something they don't.

I haven't dug too deep into the Covid travel requirements other than testing times before beginning of travel etc. Mostly because there is still close to 6-months before my little group trip and lots can change between now and 30-60 days out. One big one is the CDC has recalled or is suspending the the use of the RT-PCR tests effective 1 Jan 2022 and as of yet not stated what the replacement authorized test will be. This should be fun.

I guess if someone was concerned about it, you can find travel medical insurance coverage that includes Covid care coverage for $400-$600 and up to cover the typical two-week trip.

Edited to add:

One thing I did notice on the Embassy website that was not related to Covid is they gave the names of the air carriers providing service into/out of Windhoek. Ethiopian, Air West and as GRF mentioned on the forum Euro Wings SA Airlink.

You can go to the Ethiopian Air website and find r/t tickets into/out of Windhoek pretty easily. Connections in Addis Ababa look to be a challenge. Euro Wings doesn't seem to show up, at least this past weekend on Lufthansa's website as a connection from Frankfurt to Windhoek and Air West didn't show up on any of the major carriers website listed routes connecting thru Jberg. Seems you can book tickets directly online on their websites.

GENERALLY, if the major air carrier doesn't list them on their routes, there is LIKLY not to be a code share of baggage handling agreement between them. This doesn't mean that a registered travel agent can't see them in the central reservation booking system called AMODAUS and book connecting tickets together with them but, without those code share/baggage handling agreements it could mean you'll have to collect up and recheck your luggage (means clearing immigration & customs) and security between connections or maybe botched seating assignments.

The other protection by making sure you use code share airlines is IF you miss a connection due to flight delays, weather etc., the major carrier is responsible for sorting you out. Otherwise, you'll need to rely on your travel agent.

Just a few thoughts.

Last edited by M3taco; 12/30/21.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
M3Taco: If you go to the Travel Forum on AR, there’s a thread regarding the need for COVID insurance to enter Namibia with first hand accounts from as recent as October 2021.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
The thread is entitled “Travel insurance during COVID”

M
M3taco Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Bud - you might want to go back and re-read that thread again.

1. It is historical info going back to Oct 2021. Oct 2021 info, especially regarding anything Covid related, is pretty much irrelevant to what is CURRENT and likely little to do with 5-6 months from now.

2. There were NO specific links provided in any of the posts stating Covid coverage insurance was required. It was just one statement from one person who claimed it was required and he even said in the same post, nobody in Namibia check/asked them for it when they arrived. Where did the OP there get his info it was required? NONE of the posts in that link provided any solid proof - it was all "someone told me" BS.

3. The date of the info in the US Embassy Namibia link I provided is dated 28 Dec 2021. Still historical but only two days old. I would "presume" official US Embassy data is somewhat more accurate/reliable. At any rate, I sent an email to the Embassy (just line anyone can) to confirm/cross-check. I will post up the results.

4. Any requirements that were in the past, may or may not have any bearing on current requirements and even less so 5-6 months from now. To me, it's pointless worry.

5. If someone is worried, then I would suggest you start setting aside a few extra $$$ every month so that IF in the event it does become "mandatory" then it's not a big deal. In less then 10-min of simple "Goggle Foo" I found multiple travel medical insurance providers that DID cover Covid in with their other medical care coverage so, it wasn't just Covid coverage only. Costs were as I stated above - $400-$600 and up to cover a 10-14 day trip. IF on the odd chance it does become required or you personally decide to obtain the extra coverage just by choice, it takes 15-min to fill out the online application, pay the fee and your policy is in your email box a few minutes later. BFD! If it turns out it is not required or you choose not to, then guess you've saved some coin of the realm to put towards an extra trophy.

The sky is not falling.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Michael: The two posters who mentioned the insurance requirement (Pondoro and Tim Carney) are both AR regulars and veteran Namibia hunters. I hope you’re correct, but I’d hate to see a newbie arrive in WDH and then be sent straight home, losing thousands in deposits and bitter disappointment.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R

Is Covid vax required now to enter Namibia? Seeing conflicting info.

Bud - you might want to go back and re-read that thread again.

1. It is historical info going back to Oct 2021. Oct 2021 info, especially regarding anything Covid related, is pretty much irrelevant to what is CURRENT and likely little to do with 5-6 months from now.

2. There were NO specific links provided in any of the posts stating Covid coverage insurance was required. It was just one statement from one person who claimed it was required and he even said in the same post, nobody in Namibia check/asked them for it when they arrived. Where did the OP there get his info it was required? NONE of the posts in that link provided any solid proof - it was all "someone told me" BS.

3. The date of the info in the US Embassy Namibia link I provided is dated 28 Dec 2021. Still historical but only two days old. I would "presume" official US Embassy data is somewhat more accurate/reliable. At any rate, I sent an email to the Embassy (just line anyone can) to confirm/cross-check. I will post up the results.

4. Any requirements that were in the past, may or may not have any bearing on current requirements and even less so 5-6 months from now. To me, it's pointless worry.

5. If someone is worried, then I would suggest you start setting aside a few extra $$$ every month so that IF in the event it does become "mandatory" then it's not a big deal. In less then 10-min of simple "Goggle Foo" I found multiple travel medical insurance providers that DID cover Covid in with their other medical care coverage so, it wasn't just Covid coverage only. Costs were as I stated above - $400-$600 and up to cover a 10-14 day trip. IF on the odd chance it does become required or you personally decide to obtain the extra coverage just by choice, it takes 15-min to fill out the online application, pay the fee and your policy is in your email box a few minutes later. BFD! If it turns out it is not required or you choose not to, then guess you've saved some coin of the realm to put towards an extra trophy.

The sky is not falling.

M
M3taco Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Bud - I understand that. However, being a "regular" poster on a website doesn't necessarily correlate with the accuracy, currency or relevance of the info they post, does it. Not disparaging those two individuals in any way. However, the info they post doesn't seem complete to me. Who told them? A travel agent perhaps who also got a little commission off selling a policy and used the dreaded Covid to release the coin? Point is, they gave incomplete info and others seem to have picked it up as gospel to spread without trying to verify it. And again, at this point it would appear to be historically irrelevant on a time-line basis.

Got to tell a bit of a joke/story. While I was on active duty at HQ CENTCOM, I was on one of my short trips into Iraq. with a side stop in Kuwait. A US Army Col. was giving a situation brief to a new incoming US Marine 2-Star. The Col tried to blow some sunshine up the 2-Star's kilt and the 2-Star KNEW it was BS and unloaded on the guy. "Colonel, stop right there. Why don't you pull your head out a your ass and use it to think with instead of as a butt plug!" We all most $hit ourselves!!! I will ALWAYS remember that line.

Ribka - The Embassy website could be written a bit clearer. From what I can decipher is that the jabs are CURRENTLY NOT required for US Citizens to enter Namibia. US Citizens can get jabs if they want while in Namibia. The website does say they US Govt isn't planning to pay for them so, I'm presuming out of your pocket. They three types that are available in Namibia are: Sinopharm, J&J and Pfizer.

I've cut and pasted this directly from around the center of their page:

Entry and Exit Requirements:

Are U.S. citizens permitted to enter? Yes
All non-Namibian travelers arriving in Namibia are required to present a negative SARS-CoV-2 PCR test result from their country of departure that is not older than 72 hours calculated from the date of sample of test. If the traveler meets this requirement, no quarantine or additional testing is required.
Effective Wednesday, December 01, 2021, only COVID-19 certificates obtained from providers participating in the Trusted Travel platform or verified on the Global Haven system will be valid for entry into and exit from Namibia. To supplement your certificate(s), the U.S. Embassy strongly recommends travelers also bring paper copies of all COVID-19 test results to the airport or port of departure.

It also seems to say that even IF you have the jabs you still need to have the negative PCR test. No special treatment if your fully jabbed up or full of natural antibodies from having it and recovering from it.

Then below that they explain where and how to get a test and upload the results into a website. It also seems to say that if you don't get it uploaded, you just take a hardcopy with you.

As always, ALL of this is subject to change many times between now and departure time. Just be flexible and things just seem to work out.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by BulletBud
Michael: The two posters who mentioned the insurance requirement (Pondoro and Tim Carney) are both AR regulars and veteran Namibia hunters. I hope you’re correct, but I’d hate to see a newbie arrive in WDH and then be sent straight home, losing thousands in deposits and bitter disappointment.

Are they libtard morons like everyone over there on that pathetic forum, where if you don't kisss the muslim's asss you get banned. Screw that place and everyone over there.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
M
M3taco Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
That place has turned south pretty bad.

I will very happily aqueous to anybody that posts more current/relevant OFFICIAL links by either the US or Namibian governments with current info.

The only thing that matters to me and to everyone else should be - is the info CURRENT and ACCURATE and not hearsay or a travel/booking agent said, "xyx". Have them provide the hard links to official govt websites. That helps take the guess work out as much as possible.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R

Thanks for posting. That's what I saw too. Not vaxxed but have had Covid and still have decent anti bodies according to recent test. Id rather not get vaxxed to travel.

Bud - I understand that. However, being a "regular" poster on a website doesn't necessarily correlate with the accuracy, currency or relevance of the info they post, does it. Not disparaging those two individuals in any way. However, the info they post doesn't seem complete to me. Who told them? A travel agent perhaps who also got a little commission off selling a policy and used the dreaded Covid to release the coin? Point is, they gave incomplete info and others seem to have picked it up as gospel to spread without trying to verify it. And again, at this point it would appear to be historically irrelevant on a time-line basis.

Got to tell a bit of a joke/story. While I was on active duty at HQ CENTCOM, I was on one of my short trips into Iraq. with a side stop in Kuwait. A US Army Col. was giving a situation brief to a new incoming US Marine 2-Star. The Col tried to blow some sunshine up the 2-Star's kilt and the 2-Star KNEW it was BS and unloaded on the guy. "Colonel, stop right there. Why don't you pull your head out a your ass and use it to think with instead of as a butt plug!" We all most $hit ourselves!!! I will ALWAYS remember that line.

Ribka - The Embassy website could be written a bit clearer. From what I can decipher is that the jabs are CURRENTLY NOT required for US Citizens to enter Namibia. US Citizens can get jabs if they want while in Namibia. The website does say they US Govt isn't planning to pay for them so, I'm presuming out of your pocket. They three types that are available in Namibia are: Sinopharm, J&J and Pfizer.

I've cut and pasted this directly from around the center of their page:

Entry and Exit Requirements:

Are U.S. citizens permitted to enter? Yes
All non-Namibian travelers arriving in Namibia are required to present a negative SARS-CoV-2 PCR test result from their country of departure that is not older than 72 hours calculated from the date of sample of test. If the traveler meets this requirement, no quarantine or additional testing is required.
Effective Wednesday, December 01, 2021, only COVID-19 certificates obtained from providers participating in the Trusted Travel platform or verified on the Global Haven system will be valid for entry into and exit from Namibia. To supplement your certificate(s), the U.S. Embassy strongly recommends travelers also bring paper copies of all COVID-19 test results to the airport or port of departure.

It also seems to say that even IF you have the jabs you still need to have the negative PCR test. No special treatment if your fully jabbed up or full of natural antibodies from having it and recovering from it.

Then below that they explain where and how to get a test and upload the results into a website. It also seems to say that if you don't get it uploaded, you just take a hardcopy with you.

As always, ALL of this is subject to change many times between now and departure time. Just be flexible and things just seem to work out.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
The bottom line is any Covid info requirements that are current now may be irrelevant 6 months from now……

G
GRF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
M3Taco; when I flew to Namibia in early September (ancient news Covid travel wise) the Namibian government website insisted upon Covid insurance to enter the country. The interesting thing is that the check in desk in Calgary confirmed the insurance and my Covid tests. No one in Namibia asked for either.

When I flew in no proof of vaccine was required.

Between confirming I was going ahead with the trip in June and departing in early September Namibia changed their Covid policies about 5 times.

For the 10-12 days I was in Namibia they changed their policies twice.

Point being sir you are correct what was policy a month ago sure as hell is not policy today. Good advice for folks to set aside a little extra cash for the Covid hassle expenses.

Good luck getting this trip filled up it sounds like a grand time.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by jdollar
The bottom line is any Covid info requirements that are current now may be irrelevant 6 months from now……

Keep getting those boosters and wearing that mask. Can't be too careful.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I'd do this again. Wife and I has a great time photo'ing Etosha for a couple of days, fishing for another and an ATV ride in the Nanib desert and, well hunting for a week. Imgur is sucking at the moment.

https://www.africanhuntingnamibia.com/hunting-safaris/

Conduct is the best proof of character.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Yep, got that right. Cheap( free) insurance. If you want to travel outside the US, get the jab. Otherwise you will be staying home. Simple choice…..

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Yep, got that right. Cheap( free) insurance. If you want to travel outside the US, get the jab. Otherwise you will be staying home. Simple choice…..

You go girl.......keep gulping down that Fauci and PedoJoe BS. Given you're another mindnumb AR alum, I'm really not surprised at the regurgitated nonsense you speak of. Insurance my asss........

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I love to travel outside the US, I guess you don’t. No sweat. I’ll be in South Africa in August, you won’t…. And IIRC, Trump is vaccinated and boosted so I guess he believes the BS too.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I'll be wherever I want to be, without your libtard leaders telling me what to do. I forgot you like schitthole vacations. Must be embarrassing to have your nose that far up Fauci asss.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
No you won’t be wherever you want to be unless it’s in the US. Since this is an African hunting forum, I assume you have a passing interest in African hunting. I’ve been in n 9 counties in the last 7 months, including 3 in Southern Africa. They all required a vaccination card and a recent negative COVID test. And I guess Trump is one of the libtards you hate, since he admits he is vaccinated. Care to explain that?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I voted for Trump twice, and would again tomorrow. I think he's a stupidasss in some ways though, and you're a stupidasss if you believe anything the CDC, WHO, Fauci, or Biden have to say about this farce of a vaccine.

Actually I could give a ratsazzz if someone wants to get vaxed. You've posted here several times, and numerous times over with your AR douchnozzzle buds that anyone who isn't vaxed is a complete moron, and the only moron in that argument is you. Congrats on your travels and the fact that you have to come on here and brag about it. Typical little man's syndrome.

Yes, I'll be wherever I want to be, whenever I want, and schittthole countries aren't one of them.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I repeat you won’t be goingwherever you want to, whenever you want to unless you stay in this country. That’s a simple fact you’re incapable of grasping. If you have no interest in African hunting, why screw up someone’s post here with worthless, useless comments? M3taco is trying to help people arrange a Namibian hunt. What are you trying to do?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I repeat that you have no idea where I want to go. You can't grasp the simple fact that you don't know. I'm showing what an arrogant fraud you are. Are you signed up with M3 for his trip? If not, why are you posting here? You're a joke little man. You need to migrate back over to AR with the losers that share your libtard point of view on vax mandates.

M
M3taco Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Gentlemen all:

While I appreciate you both keeping this thread bumped to the top of the this sub-forum, may I respectfully request/suggest you open your own thread regarding the topic of your discussion.

I've just spent the last few minutes on-line looking up US Embassies in Namibia, South Africa and Botswana, as well as their embassies in the US.

AS OF TODAY:

1. I can find no CURRENT requirement for proof of current jab status to board a US originating flight to either of these three countries. If someone has an official government link stating otherwise regarding these three countries, please post it up.

2. I can find no CURRENT requirement for proof of current jab status for US citizens to enter those three countries. If someone has an official government link stating otherwise regarding these three countries, please post it up.

3. I can find no CURRENT requirement for proof of current jab status to TRANSIT, South Africa, Germany, Ethiopia, Qatar, or Switzerland. If someone has an official government link stating otherwise regarding these three countries, please post it up.

Any kind of predictions as to what might happen in the future is not much more than a WAG.

Thank you and Happy New Year.

PS - Make a plan.

Last edited by M3taco; 12/31/21. Reason: Added Ethiopia
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Thanks for the clarification, and Happy New Year to you as well. jdollar has a perpetual habit of talking out his asss.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Good luck with what I’m sure will be a fun hunt. Jan has a fine reputation. As you say, any predictions about international travel months from now is a guess.

M
M3taco Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Happy New Year to all!

So….I’ve decided to take my own advice and “make a plan” for this trip. I’ve already got the basic framework of actual hunting days, 23 Jun thru 2 Jul. I’ve put all this together to help anyone seriously thinking about this trip with me. I’ve looked at:

a) Currently available airline routes and trying to compare/assess pros and cons of each. Such things as price point (using economy class as the standard baseline), US point of origin for the transatlantic leg over, total number of days/hours each way, overnight layovers, code/share baggage handling agreements etc.

b) CURRENT Rona testing requirements each way etc.

c) I looked at prices directly off the various carrier’s websites and not discount brokers or travel agents who may or may not be able to get better prices or string connections together that may not always mean code shares or baggage handling agreements between the carriers.

d) I’ve looked at Delta, United, Qatar and Ethiopian. I’ve priced the flights out from their respective US hub to try and get a better snapshot of price point comparable. The wildcard here is the remaining r/t cost from you to these hubs.

Here is what I am currently LEANING towards – United from Newark.

What has me leaning this way is it’s a 8:45pm departure and most people from most locations in the US can get to Newark well before then. Most US based airlines will have code share/baggage handling agreements with United so, you’ll check your stuff in from your point of origin and don’t have to deal with it until we get to Jberg. It WILL mean an overnight in Jberg meaning we’ll have to stay overnight, (recommend City Lodge right in the terminal complex). The next day, we’d arrive in Windhoek early enough to be at Jan’s late that afternoon. United code shares with SA Airlink. Not so important going over since we have to claim luggage/rifles for the overnight (I’ll do the ZA temp gun import permits for everyone) but coming back, it all SHOULD be checked all the way back to Newark. The return flight from Windhoek departs after lunch. Based on this and the CURRENT Rona testing requirements means we’d probably add an overnight stay in Windhoek before we depart. We could either cut one day off the hunting or just add a day in Windhoek (my recommendation).

General idea, depending on the time table of the FIRST person to commit to this is we would either leave Jan’s a day early. Leisure breakfast and drive back to Windhoek and have time to make a few souvenir stops along the way and kill a few hours in the downtown area shopping and seeing a few pretty good store/shops, get our Rona test (the 4-6 hr results one) and dinner at Joe’s Beerhouse. I’ve got a couple of VERY nice B&B’s we’d stay at (Villa Violet) just 800m from Joe’s. Leisurely breakfast and off to the airport mid morning via a private van shuttle guy I know ($25 ea or less).

We’d have a reasonable connection time in Jberg (4hrs of so) and with the SA Airlink codeshare , means luggage/rifles SHOULD BE checked all the way back to Newark. The Newark arrival is early morning and you should be able to make same day connections all the way home.

As I mentioned above, the FIRST person who commits to this trip will have a good bit of preference as to the routing/airline and either cutting a hunting day or adding a travel day at the end. If it was me flying alone or with Anila, I still think it would be this route. It’s a long first day and a long overnight flight over. The overnight at the City Lodge (about $135 US) is a great way to get long hot shower, stretch out in big bed etc. The dining room dinner menu is pretty good and the breakfast buffet is KILLER! It’s inside the main terminal, literally a 5 min walk from the SAPS office where we’d claim the rifles and a porter and luggage trolley takes all our kit for a few $$ “tip”.

Again, the only things that really need to have meat on the bones of this is deciding on the departure date from Windhoek – do you want to cut a day off the hunting time or just add an extra day in Windhoek. Regardless if no one goes along, I’m still going.
Last note on this – the sooner you decide, the better. Airline ticket prices start to go up quickly right around the time the outdoor conventions/shows finish up. I’ll be getting my tickets for this trip and the Aug Bots trip NLT the end of Feb. Once I lock a ticket, if you decide to go, you’ll be committed to my route and schedule.

I've got a plan. Time to start making yours! laugh

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
How long are passport renewals/processing nowadays for those affected?

M
M3taco Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
JG:

Unknown, likely unknowable. Other than some anecdotal online posts last year claiming 12-16 weeks. Obviously can't vouch for the validity of those posts.

I do know that Namibia requires:

1 - A MIMIMUM of 6 months of validity from the date of your scheduled DEPARTURE from Namibia

2 - A MINIMUM of 6 blank visa pages when you enter Namibia. A "blank page" is defined as a single side of each physical page/sheet. You have to remember, if you clear immigration at any point along the way while in transit, you will receive a "stamp" of some sort in your passport. So, if you leave the secure area in say Frankfurt or Amsterdam, Zurich etc or in this case Jberg to overnight at City Lodge, your passport will be stamped twice - once entering the country and once on departure. Depending on the size of the stamp, they could be on the same single page or take up a full page for each. Your passport will also be stamped in Jberg just going thru the transit corridor to catch a connecting flight.

In my current one, I have some that are physical sheets that are pasted in that take up an entire page. Other pages have up to six different stamps on the page.

Bottom line to me is, if it expires anytime this year (2022), and you even remotely think you might need it, I'd get it submitted ASAP.

M
M3taco Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
This is the response I received this morning form the US Embassy in Windhoek.

U.S. Embassy Windhoek, U.S Citizen Services <acswindhoekstate.gov>
To: m3taco@***********.com

Tue, Jan 4 at 7:55 AM

Good afternoon Mr. ***********,

Medical / Travel insurance is always good to have, but not required by our government. Several airlines require it (like Lufthansa) - and it should include COVID.

Anything can happen, and without it, it can become a problem. Medical expenses are expensive!

In Namibia, nothing about the RT-PCR testing has changed yet. Please still follow what Namibia requires to get in, and then again what America requires to go back.

Please keep in mind that June is still far away, much can change, even in a matter of weeks.

We hope this helps.

Sincerely,

American Citizen Service

Sent: Thursday, December 30, 2021 12:55 PM
To: U.S. Embassy Windhoek, U.S Citizen Services <ACSWindhoekstate.gov>
Subject: Are US Citizens (tourists) Required to Have Covid Care Medical Insurance

Dear Sir or Ma'am:

I'm planning on visiting Namibia again in June of this year. I've been checking on the Covid testing and health requirements for entering Namibia. One of the items I've seen posting on a few travel forums is that Namibia requires non-Namibian citizens to obtain and provide proof if medical insurance/travel medical insurance that provides coverage for Covid medical care should it be needed while in the country.

A few rumors/websites have a statement about this but most do not. I've looked over the US Embassy Namibia website and it covers the PCR testing requirements but mentions nothing about showing proof of Covid specific or at least included, medical insurance coverage. Can you provide specific clarification about this?

Second question - as I understand it, the US govt/CDC is suspending/recalling the use of the RT-PCR testing effective 1 Jan 2022 but, as of yet have not identified an authorized replacement test. Any info or guidance on this.

Thanks for your assistance and yes, I fully understand the fluidity and rapidity of the changing Covid requirements but, any specific info on the insurance question would be much appreciated.

v/r

Michael ***********

._________________________

So...the govt is trying to convince the un-jabbed to get the jab because the jabs work while at the same time, the same govts are trying to convince the already jabbed to get jabbed several more times because none of the previous jabs worked....really?

"Remember to get vaccinated or an already vaccinated person might get sick from the virus they've been vaccinated against because you're not vaccinated." ~ Biden (1942- )

"Intelligent people learn from everything and everyone; average people from their experiences, stupid people have all the answers." ~ Socrates (470-399BC)

So, it appears that the insurance requirement is not currently required. Per the Embassy, it would seem that Lufthansa and perhaps it's subsidiary Euro Wings may have had the requirement. I just checked both carriers websites and see nothing about Covid medical insurance, only the current testing AND/OR proof of jabs or certified recovery from the Rona.

Only other note I'll make on this is that there seems to be a possibility, at least, the "pandemic" may be burning itself out to a large extent due to the Omicron variant. Current medical reports from South Africa (a country with a relatively low vaccination rate per capita) seem to indicate case loads are falling dramatically and hospitalizations due to Rona are nearly nonexistent. The Dutch Ministry of Health (country with one of the highest vacation rates per capita) just reported the same info yesterday/today.

http://republicbrief.com/denmark-health-chief-says-omicron-is-about-to-end-the-pandemic/
https://citizenfreepress.com/breaki...he-chart-compared-to-vaccinated-nations/

Again, this trip is still 5 months out and in this day and age $hit with this seems to change more often then some change their underwear. sick

So, bottom line to me is still, "make a plan" and GO! Whether it is with me on one of these trips or, to Africa in general with someone else - GO!

Last edited by M3taco; 01/04/22.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Great job presenting the actual facts, instead of relying on the lies, misguided opinions, and complete BS as presented by the likes of jdollar and a few others, specifically the "you're not going to Africa unless your vaxed" Fauci/jdollar propaganda. Just shows who you can trust and who you can't even if you are a "doctor", which was my position in this fiasco in the first place.

It is now quite obvious....nice work Michael.

M
M3taco Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Please note: I always say "currently". I have no idea what may or may not have been previously required, last year! I've tried to be pretty clear that what was or may have been, likely has little to do with current or even future requirements. But, I will say, IF the info in those two links ends up being accurate. Me thinks this MAY be turning the corner....for everyone!

Make A Plan!

M
M3taco Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Well gentlemen, this hunt is booked for this year. If the lord is willing the creeks don't rise, I'll be putting up a similar trip for 2023.

This does not mean someone interested in going can't still go. By all means, if you're interested in going by yourself or with a buddy or two, we can still sort out some possible dates for this year but, I won't be able to travel with you. I'll still be more than happy to help you sort out the process, flights and documents etc.

Michael

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I wire transferred my deposit to Jan for a July 19- July 28 , 2022 hunt. Save a few animals for me Michael, especially a Bull Eland and a big Impala ram.

M
M3taco Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
For anyone interested, things regarding Covid testing for entering Namibia took a step in the right direction today. The Pres, released a statement that effective 16 Mar 2022 proof of a negative RT-PCR is will no longer be required for those who can provide proof they are fully jabbed.

Tried to attach the pdf file of his statement but it is too large to attach so, cutting/pasting it below for anyone wishing to read it in full. Only potential problem MIGHT be being able to board an international flight or transit country X without a negative RT-PCR test.

I'm still hopeful, all this madness will end before the bulk of the seasonal hunters/tourist go. He mentions the impact to the countries heavily dependent tourism industry. At least he openly recognizes it. Unfortunately, he's making the changes too late to have much if any beneficial impact so late in the year when most have already made other vacation/hunting/travel plans.

THE PRESIDENCY
STATEMENT BY
HIS EXCELLENCY DR. HAGE G. GEINGOB,
PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF NAMIBIA
ON THE OCCASSION OF THE 41ST COVID-19 PUBLIC
BRIEFING ON THE NATIONAL RESPONSE MEASURES
15 March 2022 WINDHOEK
*Check Against Delivery.
Good afternoon fellow Namibians and welcome
to the 41st COVID-19 Public Briefing.
The COVID-19 pandemic is evolving. Recently,
classification of the outbreak has been adjusted by
the World Health Organisation from a pandemic to
an endemic disease. In Namibia, the recovery rate
from COVID-19 now stands at 97 percent, with a
Case Fatality Rate of 2,5 percent. Statistics
further indicate that at 14 March 2022, the active
cases stood at 222. As the nation may recall, there
was a time during July 2021 when the active cases
in the country were much higher, peaking at an
all-time high of 27,046 (twenty-seven-thousandand-forty-six) active infections in the country.
However, the reclassification of the outbreak to
endemic should not give us a false sense of
security. We must continue to be vigilant and alert
to further control the spread and the upsurge in
new cases.
The magnitude of the challenge we continue to
face is large and we must be ready to mount an
effective response. To protect the most
vulnerable members of our society and to bolster
the capacity of our healthcare system so as to
respond to new infections as they occur, we still
require strong measures and interventions to
reduce the spread of new infections.
During the last 30-day Observance Period, the
positivity ratio declined from 7 percent to 2
percent rate of new infections, from the total
number of samples tested, countrywide. There
has equally been a corresponding decline in
deaths, with a total of 19 deaths recorded during
the Period, from COVID-19 or related illnesses.
One death from COVID-19 however, is one death
too many. I have been relieved lately by the daily
update reports that indicated zero deaths over the
past week or so.
I pay tribute to our frontline workers, particularly
the healthcare workers whose valiant fight to
contain spread of the disease have achieved a
measure of success.
Economic data reveals that the volume of foreign
tourist arrivals remain at only one third of what
they were in 2019. This means that the
employment-intensive tourism sector which
provides direct and indirect employment to
approximately 150,000 Namibians, is still in
recession.
Vaccination remains one of the most effective
measures in our multi-faceted National Response
against COVID-19. It not only reduces individual
chances of developing severe illness,
hospitalization and death, but can also help to
restore economic activity particularly in the
adversely affected tourism sector.
As of today March 15, 2022, nationally, only 21.4
percent of the country’s eligible population is fully
vaccinated. This is one third of the WHO
recommended population coverage of 60 percent
to achieve national herd immunity.
The Government has procured adequate
vaccination stock and our country has also
benefitted from the generosity of friendly nations,
having received large consignments of donated
vaccines. Such valuable and scarce resources
should not be allowed to waste by expiring on our
shelves. I, therefore, reiterate my call for all
eligible Namibians to get vaccinated and for those
who have already received initial jabs, to get their
booster shots, so as to ensure that the immunity
does not wane, especially as we face the winter
months.
The approaching winter, when people tend to be
confined indoors, pose a natural risk to the spread
of respiratory diseases. We must therefore remain
vigilant to prevent the spread of new infection
that could overwhelm our healthcare system.
Fellow Namibians,
The current Regulations are due to expire
tomorrow. The following new Public Health
Regulations will come into force from midnight, 16
March 2022, for a period of 30 days until 15 April
1.Wearing of masks in public places is no longer
mandatory. However, people who are in close
settings, such as public transport, indoor
public meetings are encouraged to wear
masks. Physical distance of no less than 1
meter must be maintained between persons at
all times;
2.With regards to the size of Public Gatherings,
for the next dispensation, the size of Public
Gatherings will be adjusted from 500 to 1,000
people. This will be applicable to all social
gatherings as defined in the Regulations,
including weddings, funerals, church services
and sporting events;
3.Fully vaccinated travellers are no longer
required to produce a negative PCR test result
upon arrival at a Namibian Points of Entry, but
are instead required to present an authentic,
valid vaccination card at Point of Entry.
Fellow Namibians,
A reprieve does not mean the end of the pandemic.
We must continue to care for ourselves and the
vulnerable members of our society who are more
susceptible, by continuing to protect ourselves so
that new clusters of infection do not form.
The abolishment of the mandatory face mask
mandate, does not mean the abolishment of
common-sense. On the contrary common-sense
must continue to prevail.
The Government will continue to do its part and
complete the new projects brought on stream, to
ensure our public health sector is sufficiently
capacitated. Let us apply good judgment at all
times, in our personal and public conduct and
avoid recklessness that could lead to the reversal
of the many gains and successes achieved to date.
We can surely overcome this pandemic by working
together, as members of one house, the Namibian
House. I now invite the Minister of Health and
Social Services to provide further details on the
updated Regulations.
I thank you.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

303 members (10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 16penny, 204guy, 1minute, 41 invisible), 2,392 guests, and 1,031 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,168
Posts18,465,353
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.