Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by deflave
I would think that with knowledge being what it is today that nobody would ever allow a gun (prop or not) to be aimed toward people.

If you tubers can figure out ways around it, I’m sure Hollywood can to.

Exactly! There is no reason to point it directly at a person. Any competent director/camera crew can take the angles that make it "look" legit, but maintain safety.

BP-B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I wouldn't even point a gun I KNEW was empty at anyone or pull the trigger. Know two young people who were killed by empty guns in the last yr.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Longbob
I would think that with knowledge being what it is today that nobody would ever allow a gun (prop or not) to be aimed toward people.

Exactly! There is no reason to point it directly at a person. Any competent director/camera crew can take the angles that make it "look" legit, but maintain safety.

They weren't even filming, it was a practice run. The film crew had left 6 hours earlier.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by JoeBob
No, but I can easily see how with a single action revolver where you have to spin the entire cylinder past the oading gate to look how one could miss that one live primer. And I can see fake live primers being used too. I remember in movies like Saving Private Ryan I always noticed that the rounds in the machine gun belts didn’t have primers.

I'm not for calling people idiots on the internet, but you are one

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Bwana_1

They weren't even filming, it was a practice run. The film crew had left 6 hours earlier.

Even less of a reason to be pointing it at anyone. There isn't a single reason why the gun should have been pointed at anyone it could have injured or killed. Practice run or not.

IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M

After hours on the set....hmmmmm. Sounds more and more like Alec was playing grabazz with guns, and most likely, alcohol. what a fu$king idiot.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Even less of a reason to be pointing it at anyone. There isn't a single reason why the gun should have been pointed at anyone it could have injured or killed. Practice run or not.

I don't disagree, just stating the facts as released.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Now hold it ! A police officer trying to restrain a black guy, who dies. Floyd, and Baldwin who intentionally points a gun at people and pulls the trigger . What’s wrong here?

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
How many shots he took? Gotta realize it is real bullet after shot the first person

NRA lifetime member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Whelenman
Now hold it ! A police officer trying to restrain a black guy, who dies. Floyd, and Baldwin who intentionally points a gun at people and pulls the trigger . What’s wrong here?

They were both black.

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by LongSpurHunter
No, but I can easily see how with a single action revolver where you have to spin the entire cylinder past the oading gate to look how one could miss that one live primer. And I can see fake live primers being used too. I remember in movies like Saving Private Ryan I always noticed that the rounds in the machine gun belts didn’t have primers.

I'm not for calling people idiots on the internet, but you are one

Take your 69 posts and shove them up your ass, idiot. Out of about 14 million movies made with guns over the last hundred years, Alec Baldwin shoots someone and you dumb [bleep] think you’re smarter than everyone who has done it.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

I don't disagree, just stating the facts as released.

No worries. Makes me wonder how he got a hold of the gun if the film crew had left. IE the armorer. I wonder if he got it directly from the armorer with a live round or he grabbed it himself. It will be interesting if that little nuance is revealed.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by stxhunter
I wouldn't even point a gun I KNEW was empty at anyone or pull the trigger. Know two young people who were killed by empty guns in the last yr.

Yup. Only stupid or ignorant people do that.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by KevinLA
How many shots he took? Gotta realize it is real bullet after shot the first person

I keep hearing it was one round. A 45 Colt (assuming here) could easily punch through the lady, and hit the dude behind her.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Every single bit of gun handling in the movies is “unsafe” that’s why they have prop people and stringent rules.

Last edited by JoeBob; 10/22/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

No worries. Makes me wonder how he got a hold of the gun if the film crew had left. IE the armorer. I wonder if he got it directly from the armorer with a live round or he grabbed it himself. It will be interesting if that little nuance is revealed.

There obviously are a lot of questions that need answered, and who was responsible for what...but 2 people getting shot during a practice run, drops the possibility of the gun being pointed at the camera for a shot(and the 2 key employees being shot in the process).

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

I keep hearing it was one round. A 45 Colt (assuming here) could easily punch through the lady, and hit the dude behind her.

That’s exactly happened. She was on the camera lining it up and the director was leaning over her back.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J

There obviously are a lot of questions that need answered, and who was responsible for what...but 2 people getting shot during a practice run, drops the possibility of the gun being pointed at the camera for a shot(and the 2 key employees being shot in the process).

No it doesn’t. The camera work is “practice” too. In fact, it’s more than likely that the only reason they did it was to see how it would work with the camera before doing the actual take.

Last edited by JoeBob; 10/22/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

That’s exactly happened. She was on the camera lining it up and the director was leaning over her back.

That's not what happened, they weren't filming.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J

That's not what happened, they weren't filming.

Yeah, it was.

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
831 members (12308300, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 007FJ, 83 invisible), 3,268 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,710
Posts18,400,195
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.