I dont know. All i know is that the Bible says the beast is a man. grin

I dispute that. Where does it say that?

GB1

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
The first living creature was like a lion, the second was like an ox, the third had a face like a man, the fourth was like a flying eagle.

Now, it doesnt say the first living creature WAS a lion, it says it was LIKE a lion.

Sheesh. I mean, Biden is like a turd. Some even say Biden is a turd. Some even say he is an asswhole.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Here a boat is called a beast................... grin

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/bf1c03e0-888b-4cdb-95b0-5a30390d0f2a

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by jaguartx
The first living creature was like a lion, the second was like an ox, the third had a face like a man, the fourth was like a flying eagle.

Now, it doesnt say the first living creature WAS a lion, it says it was LIKE a lion.

Sheesh. I mean, Biden is like a turd. Some even say Biden is a turd. Some even say he is an asswhole.

Naw, it was very specific................................

7 And the first beast was like a lion, and the second beast like a calf, and the third beast had a face as a man, and the fourth beast was like a flying eagle.

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
The number of the beast is the number of A man.

Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is six hundred and sixty-six."

The mans number, who is the beast, is 666.

Last edited by jaguartx; 10/23/21.

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Thats why I specifically asked what it said in the Bible.

We have Bibles. We can see what is written in black and white in them.

You are referring to ideas and interpretations various people have.

Im not asking what Hindu or Moslems believe or Buddhists or witches.

jag.....most are taking what is written in black and white and then interpatating the way they see it through their own eyes......bob

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
K22, i venture to say we will never see a 7 headed beast with 10 horns.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by BobMt

jag.....most are taking what is written in black and white and then interpatating the way they see it through their own eyes......bob

True, and that is why i asked what the Bible specifically said.

I Dindo Nuffin
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
The number of the beast is the number of A man.

Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is six hundred and sixty-six."

The mans number, who is the beast, is 666.

That was interpreted from the Koine Greek. Where in Koine Greek is the word "a"???????
This is what my book says.

Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by BobMt

The question is what else is it saying besides black and white. The Greeks also used numbers (numbers don't lie) for words so for instance, "white" in Koine Greek is number G3022 (in some places, here I took it from Rev.) and it translates to English as...light, bright, brilliant.
Reading and interpreting a Bible with just "black and white" will net you zilch in understanding.

IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
That may be true.

I think the beast system was ancient Babylon. Now we have modern Babylon.

I Dindo Nuffin
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by Muffin
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by antlers
Some Christians believe that Jesus’ teachings on the Mount of Olives, where He warned His followers that they would suffer tribulation and persecution before the ultimate triumph of the Kingdom of God, was His prediction mostly of the destruction of the Jewish Temple in Jerusalem, and that it had all come to pass by 70 AD.

Jesus clearly did make a bold and accurate prediction of the Temple’s destruction, some forty years before the event took place.

Actually he said "that generation shall see my coming", so what generation was he referring to? What had to happen before all of it came to pass?
I believe a very good reference was when he told the disciples to go into the city and there you will find a "man" holding a picture of water. There is your huge hint.
You start out in the history of the book with people sacrificing Ox's , then it changes to Rams, then the sacrificing stops and someone comes waltzing in saying follow me I will make you fishers of men, then we go to a future event i.e. our modern time, with a man holding a pitcher of water. All of the hints were right there. Unfortunately the church propaganda keeps us from seeing the picture.

What generation, the one that was alive when HE said it!

MT 24, MK 13 and LK 21, take on a little different meaning or understanding when you realize that JESUS was speaking to 4 men, PRIVATELY.

Recorded for us, but HE was speaking to THEM!!!

THEY, the 4, would see the Great Tribulation............... and 'immediately after' MT 24:29,30 - 'the coming'

So what was the birth date of those 4 men?
Are they shown in other scriptures?

MARK 13:3 As He was sitting on the Mount of Olives opposite the temple, Peter, James, John, and Andrew were questioning Him privately

Last edited by Muffin; 10/23/21.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Many of us would rather eat schit and die before we would follow or believe a traitor but yet most Christians follow just that sort of fella. According to Thomas it is the very reason he left the disciple group after Jesus ascended. Someone was not teaching what they were instructed to teach. Christians fall all over themselves with the teaching of baptism by water that John taught. Thomas taught the baptism of fire which he said Christ taught. So who was the traitor to Christ? John, then very one Thomas accused of false teaching. John even admits it in writing that he is a traitor. Christ literally told John his punishment for being a traitor to Him was that he, John, would never die until Christ (consciousness) returned. The 10 Northern Tribes pretty much ended up following Thomas through the Caucus mountains after a time.

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by antlers
Some Christians believe that Jesus’ teachings on the Mount of Olives, where He warned His followers that they would suffer tribulation and persecution before the ultimate triumph of the Kingdom of God, was His prediction mostly of the destruction of the Jewish Temple in Jerusalem, and that it had all come to pass by 70 AD.

Jesus clearly did make a bold and accurate prediction of the Temple’s destruction, some forty years before the event took place.

Actually he said "that generation shall see my coming", so what generation was he referring to? What had to happen before all of it came to pass?
I believe a very good reference was when he told the disciples to go into the city and there you will find a "man" holding a picture of water. There is your huge hint.
You start out in the history of the book with people sacrificing Ox's , then it changes to Rams, then the sacrificing stops and someone comes waltzing in saying follow me I will make you fishers of men, then we go to a future event i.e. our modern time, with a man holding a pitcher of water. All of the hints were right there. Unfortunately the church propaganda keeps us from seeing the picture.

What generation, the one that was alive when HE said it!

MT 24, MK 13 and LK 21, take on a little different meaning or understanding when you realize that JESUS was speaking to 4 men, PRIVATELY.

Recorded for us, but HE was speaking to THEM!!!

THEY, the 4, would see the Great Tribulation............... and 'immediately after' MT 24:29,30 - 'the coming'

So what was the birth date of those 4 men?
Are they shown in other scriptures?

MARK 13:3 As He was sitting on the Mount of Olives opposite the temple, Peter, James, John, and Andrew were questioning Him privately

I misquoted it above, sorry. It actually said "this", not "that" generation. The word "this" in Koine Greek does not have the same meaning as the English word "this". Hoo' -tos in Greek sometimes means "this", but it usually means "these" and or "she", "man" , "woman" ect. I believe in this instance it means "these" generations. What generations is he talking about? The generations of Man i.e. humans.

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
That may be true.

I think the beast system was ancient Babylon. Now we have modern Babylon.

And what was the system of Babylon?

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Ok boys and girls, I'm done.
I've got 223's to load up in case one of those Beast shows up at my door. grin

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Since these topics get derailed and go off on tangents rather quickly….

I have a question for the guys with more biblical knowledge than I.

So Adam and Eve had sons (we can all agree on that), WHO? did they marry?

God sent Cain away, gave him a mark so OTHERS would recognize him and not kill him. What others?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
REV 1: 3 Blessed is the one who reads, and those who hear the words of the prophecy and keep (or follow) the things which are written in it; for the time is near.

To project anything in the Revelation, written to the seven churches, much beyond the 1st century, negates verse 3....................

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dakota300rum
What is the difference between leaving organized religion and thinking your own interprétation is a mandate.
For me, trusting Jesus’ life example, and trusting the Holy Spirit...that’s a firm foundation. The Holy Spirit is our strongest mentor, not organized religion.

The Holy Spirit is a teacher, a helper, and an advocate. Some followers of Jesus truly believe that the same Spirit of God that raised Jesus from the dead actually resides within them, and teaches them the things that God wants them to know, and helps them live the way that God wants them to live.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by kolofardos
Originally Posted by Gaschekt
That's what he's going to say when that 5th angel pours out his bowl on his seat. It'll be so bad he'll chew on his tongue. But until then he'll actually be extremely well liked and received. The whole world will be in awe of him

Maybe Deflave?

Sock puppetry is beneath The Flave.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

195 members (17CalFan, 257_X_50, 300_savage, 338reddog, 1_deuce, 30 invisible), 2,069 guests, and 1,070 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,488
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.