-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you can't walk 2 miles, then you should really consider surgery. At the point you can't hunt, then you have to roll the dice and try surgery. I had mine done this year and it was a huge PIA, but I take the lab on regular 3 mile hikes in the forest. Time is the limit there, not my knee. In last 2 months, I missed about 3 days walking.

GB1

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Euflexxa is hyaluronic acid. There are multiple similar brand medications out there that all work the same. They all work to lubricate the remaining articular cartilage in the knee. Keyword there is remaining. If you have advanced arthritis you have eroded away the natural articular cartilage and there is nothing for Euflexxa to work on.

I have given Euflexxa, Supartz, Genvisc, etc. You can generally predict how they are going to work before you start the series but sometimes I am pleasantly surprised. If I am going to see any degree of pain relief it is usually after the 3rd injection but I have seen pain relief up to 4 or 5 weeks after competing the injections. That doesn't make sense because the half life of your synovial (joint) fluid is about 4 or 5 days.

At one with the gun.

R
rem141r Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
think i'll start my next thread on suggestions on a stationary bike. need to shed 20-ish pounds and keep it off. i used to run 24 miles a week up until about 7-8 years ago but doubt i will be able to run anymore. and road bikes will get you killed around here.

My diploma is a DD214
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Terryk
If you can't walk 2 miles, then you should really consider surgery. At the point you can't hunt, then you have to roll the dice and try surgery. I had mine done this year and it was a huge PIA, but I take the lab on regular 3 mile hikes in the forest. Time is the limit there, not my knee. In last 2 months, I missed about 3 days walking.

Yes, but my mule can walk 10 miles. I am 78 ,if I let surgeons talk me into all the replaced parts they want to do, I'd be laid up for 2.5-3 years.I don't have that time to spare.

My shoulder replacement nerve block almost killed me by paralyzing 1/2 my diaphragm. My neighbor just had 3 vertebrae fused in his neck,. He is much younger than I. His heart stop and he claims he was not breathing for 8 minutes. He has dislocated shoulder and 3 broken ribs from the CPR. Another neighbor was allergic to the antibiotic hey applied to the spike for his knee replacement. After 6 months to figure it out,they had to take it out, cure the inflammation and put another one in.My hunting pard had a hip replaced, he then had to have it replaced again and it is still not right.These do not give me a lot of confidence in joint replacement

Last edited by saddlesore; 10/22/21.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by BadHabit
Euflexxa is hyaluronic acid. There are multiple similar brand medications out there that all work the same. They all work to lubricate the remaining articular cartilage in the knee. Keyword there is remaining. If you have advanced arthritis you have eroded away the natural articular cartilage and there is nothing for Euflexxa to work on.

My x-rays shown bone on bone, yet the Monovisc helps me tremendously.Go figure.

Last edited by saddlesore; 10/22/21.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Sad
Campfire Tracker
W
I'm glad that this thread isn't about shooting deer in the legs.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I learned something here.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
I learned a lot thanks guys
Got a new hip this past spring, was easy and worked. I do the tread mill at least 5 days a week and have a list of stuff from PT,
Got a knee going will talk to the Doc. about the shot.

MOLON LABE
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Anybody hear about the outfit called Flexogenix? There are numerous offices scattered around.

Any good?

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Up

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

IC B3

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

633 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 1Akshooter, 007FJ, 62 invisible), 2,384 guests, and 1,167 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,255
Posts18,467,016
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.