Campfire Ranger

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ruffcutt
That poor girl who was the armourer wasn’t that confident in her ability it seems. I can’t imagine what she’s going through now.
Baldwin is going to destroy her.

The girl who was armourer pursued and was given that job, even though she had competency doubts.

She is culpable.

Baldwin is the producer of the movie. Producers hire the crew. Baldwin hired her.

Baldwin is culpable as well.

I keep hearing the asst director was the one who handed Baldwin the loaded gun, and said it was a cold gun. That's not his job. It's the armourer's job.

Lots of negligence to go around in this perfect storm.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cruzerbotz
This was just in a Fox News article online ......."Moments before the fatal shooting, Assistant Director Dave Halls grabbed a prop gun off the cart and brought it inside to Baldwin, unaware that it was loaded with live rounds, a detective wrote in the application.

"Cold gun," Halls yelled." Halls was the assistant director. So many different stories. Seems like no one knows what happened and they are trying to point fingers in all directions, except AB who failed to exercise basic gun safety.

But if you're told "cold gun", then told to point at the camera for a close up shot of a bad guy getting shot....what would you do ?

I don't know, there's blame to spread around to be honest...but there are professionals heads on the block first, in my honest opinion.

And I HATE the guy, especially after hearing his screaming phone rant against his young daughter.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Beaver10

🦫

I mentioned this earlier, both actors took their roles seriously and trained hard for their roles...but on set, I'll guarantee the armourer was in charge of all firearms and usage.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
You just know that down the road this sob will advocate hard for more gun control.

Poor lady. RIP

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Okay, since there’s 15 pages or so here, I’m not going back to re-read stuff.
Did I, or am I mistaken, read that someone, maybe the armorer or a actor or crew member, had been using set guns for target shooting?
I would think that any investigation of how a live projectile carrying round introduced to a movie set and prop would start right here.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by Morewood
You just know that down the road this sob will advocate hard for more gun control.

Poor lady. RIP

Except for movies and teevee shows. mad

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Seems like now would be a good time to buy stock in Airsoft firearm manufacturers. Doubt will see many "real" guns in movies/TV anymore.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
My niece is on that set. She is roommate with the armorer.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by wyoelk

Ask her if the deceased was a Biden supporter.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Here’s a short article showing Hannah Reed, the so called Set “Armorer”

It’s from the NY Post. Not exactly the most reliable News source, so take it for what it’s worth.

https://nypost.com/2021/10/23/woman-who-handled-weapons-on-baldwin-set-nervous-about-ability/

I think you are confusing the NY Post , with The NY Times.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Most still look like toys on camera. HD made some things tuff to deal with, like details.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by ruffcutt
That poor girl who was the armourer wasn’t that confident in her ability it seems. I can’t imagine what she’s going through now.
Baldwin is going to destroy her.

The girl who was armourer pursued and was given that job, even though she had competency doubts.

She is culpable.

Baldwin is the producer of the movie. Producers hire the crew. Baldwin hired her.

Baldwin is culpable as well.

I keep hearing the asst director was the one who handed Baldwin the loaded gun, and said it was a cold gun. That's not his job. It's the armourer's job.

Lots of negligence to go around in this perfect storm.

One big [bleep] show. Worked onstage and a fair amount of film my professional life and saw some huge productions go off with out a hitch. Here, one has a small low buget project and incompetence rules.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by deflave

Baldwin would have missed because nothing touches them.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Many movies and TV shows have moved to CGI, and eliminated the bullet/blank scenario altogether...Kate Winslet was just in a movie playing a cop, and all CGI....just missing the gun recoil.

That will be the future of filming.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Many movies and TV shows have moved to CGI, and eliminated the bullet/blank scenario altogether...Kate Winslet was just in a movie playing a cop, and all CGI....just missing the gun recoil.

Maybe. For those with the budget to do it.

Low budget pictures like the one where this happened always skimp on everything they can.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Bwana_1

Maybe. For those with the budget to do it.

Low budget pictures like the one where this happened always skimp on everything they can.

True, but their budget just went waaaay up...someone is going to pay for this mess.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

Just got home from smacking elk. I’ll get more info tonight.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Probably have a blanket insurance policy for the liability of filming the movie.

Probably has pretty low limits... like $2M or even $1M.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Baldwin will walk. No charges will be filed as he was too far down the chain from loading, inspecting, verifying, etc.
Besides, he has plenty of money. Sad situation for all.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hastings
I understand that basic safety precautions would have prevented this no matter if there was a live round or wedged projectile involved.
Has anyone addressed that several disgruntled employees up and left their jobs there that day? Maybe one of them decided on a little sabotage? Not realizing someone would likely get killed or worse yet, not caring?

From what I've seen, the "armorer" was in waaaaay over her head, and people were actually target shooting (live ammo) with a firearm used in the movie earlier. It was the third "oops" with that particular firearm, so the crew couldn't even get HOT and COLD right in regards to blanks.

Basically, it's a string of incompetence and negligence that is actually pretty amazing in it's scope.

Page 16 of 20 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

675 members (1minute, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 64 invisible), 3,098 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,698
Posts18,456,710
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.