Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I'm still waiting, but without baited breath.

Could it have been bated? Please?

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I bait at least twyst a day.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
52 soon. Ain't happened yet.

Sat in the front a few times though.
Sometimes just for a DOT check.
Some times while they worked out my ticket.

Once, while he worked out that I get a written warning.
With $70 in court costs?
Thanks North Carolina! Nothing crooked there!

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Huntz
15 for lighting and tossing a cherry bomb under a Cop car.Funny ,they did not see any humor in that?

Did your folks? whistle

By 15 I may no longer have gotten my ass beat, but I dang sure would have lost a privilege or three.

Old man took the strap to me.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
15 for lighting and tossing a cherry bomb under a Cop car.Funny ,they did not see any humor in that?

Did your folks? whistle

By 15 I may no longer have gotten my ass beat, but I dang sure would have lost a privilege or three.

oops? blush

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by 12344mag
The first time you got a ride in the back of a police car?

8th or 9th grade. Before that they let me ride in the front seat.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

Did your folks? whistle

oops? blush

At 15???

Not happening.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm still on the run for that pack of Tiparillos I swiped back in Jr. High. Thay ain't gonna take me alive.

Or was it Swisher Sweets? Hell, I don't know.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by 7mm_Loco
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I had to schit can the original quadrajet on my 72 pickup.

That sucked.

Holley is a better carb and easier to tune.

A debugged and well tuned Q-jet is hard to beat for all around drivability, performance and fuel economy. But it's a PIA of drilling and milling, Been doin it 40ish yrs! But a holley is a great choice for easy tuning and max power on race cars!

I think I was about 16 when I thought I could tear down that Quadrajet…but I was wrong. Springs and bb’s come boiling out of it when I opened her up. Duh. Bought a Holley for that 327 SS Impala 1964. Should of kept that car. Wasn’t smart enough to know why back then.

America, Our Country and we’re taking it back.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
..Mom was still pissed and said your one lucky SOB.
One of the few times I ever heard her curse. Luckily for me, Dad was out of town. She never told him about it either. 🤠

Pretty bad when your own mom calls you a sob, chil.

16- for exhibition of speed and minor in possession (beer) so they took me downtown to grill me about some other guy I ran with. I knew nothing so they eventually let me go and I walked out of there with that big fat baggie of weed that I'd stuffed down the front of my pants when they'd pulled me over.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Did your folks? whistle

oops? blush

At 15???

Not happening.

Yeah, that's what's in my earlier post. About that time, the old man went to whack me one time and I put up my fists and told him no more free ones. Never got whacked again. It was all "no Boy Scout campout for you this weekend" type of crap.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Morewood
One of the few times I ever heard her curse. Luckily for me, Dad was out of town. She never told him about it either. 🤠

16- for exhibition of speed and minor in possession (beer) so they took me downtown to grill me about some other guy I ran with. I knew nothing so they eventually let me go and I walked out of there with that big fat baggie of weed that I'd stuffed down the front of my pants when they'd pulled me over.

Damn, that was lucky, eh?

you know, someone here says our type is "what's wrong with America" .

In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Back in the 70’s in the NY ‘burbs Cops would see teenagers out on the streets late, ask them where they lived and drive them home. Got rides home twice that way, saved me walking.

Maybe fifteen years ago here in SA I was walking my three dogs at night in a local park. The Cops got a call for shots fired and went looking. In my car in the parking lot were water test kits used in a project, including open DO test kits that contained syringes. To the Cops this looked like drug paraphernalia.

So two Cops walk back in the park and find me, ask me if I had a gun, I did, legally. They search me, sit me down on a park bench, want to run the serial number on the j-frame. They can’t find it. I tell them where it is and to use the screwdriver on my Leatherman to remove the grips. They do, the gun ain’t reported stolen.

Then they walk me back to the car, probable cause, looks like drug paraphernalia in plain sight. They ask me to sit in the back of the patrol car while they search. The dogs all this time have been off leash as usual, sticking by me. So far they have been calm but they might get an attitude if the Cops go in my car so I call them into the Cop car with me, all four of us are sitting on the back seat 🙂 I wish someone took a photo.

A short while later they let us go, return the j-frame to me unloaded along with the five rounds advise me to load it again after they leave. Didn’t tell me about the shots fired, found that out on the news the next day.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

LOL. Yep. That’s about the most pissed off I had ever seen her.
Forgot to add to the story that my Ruger Super BlackHawk 44 mag was under the front seat of my Trans Am that night.
Illegal in TX at that time. Fortunately, the cops never searched my car that night. 🤠

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Back in the 70’s in the NY ‘burbs Cops would see teenagers out on the streets late, ask them where they lived and drive them home. Got rides home twice that way, saved me walking.

Maybe fifteen years ago here in SA I was walking my three dogs at night in a local park. The Cops got a call for shots fired and went looking. In my car in the parking lot were water test kits used in a project, including open DO test kits that contained syringes. To the Cops this looked like drug paraphernalia.

So two Cops walk back in the park and find me, ask me if I had a gun, I did, legally. They search me, sit me down on a park bench, want to run the serial number on the j-frame. They can’t find it. I tell them where it is and to use the screwdriver on my Leatherman to remove the grips. They do, the gun ain’t reported stolen.

Then they walk me back to the car, probable cause, looks like drug paraphernalia in plain sight. They ask me to sit in the back of the patrol car while they search. The dogs all this time have been off leash as usual, sticking by me. So far they have been calm but they might get an attitude if the Cops go in my car so I call them into the Cop car with me, all four of us are sitting on the back seat 🙂 I wish someone took a photo.

A short while later they let us go, return the j-frame to me unloaded along with the five rounds advise me to load it again after they leave. Didn’t tell me about the shots fired, found that out on the news the next day.

LOL. Well you are kinda suspicious looking, Mike. 😜

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mikes story reminded me of a late night traffic stop one night coming back from a Antelope hunt in NM about 10 years ago.

It was around Midnight, crossing into TX from NM and I was hauling ass through a little Panhandle Border town. Can’t remember for sure, but I I think it was Texico.

Anyhow, I get lit up by the local Barney, a nice little old man.
He asks me what’s my hurry and for my DL. I hand him my DL with my Carry Permit on top. He looks at it and asks if I got a gun on me. I said yessir, one in my pocket and a Glock in the Pickup Console right beside me.
He says, “Well, you keep your hand off yours and I’ll keep my hand off mine”.
Goes back to his Patrol Car, Runs my DL. Comes back and asks where I’m headed ? Told him home from a Antelope Hunt. Shines his flashlight in the bed of my truck, sees the Antelope, and says “Nice One”. Slow Down Son and have a Safe Trip”. 🤠

Last edited by chlinstructor; 10/23/21.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Damn, that was lucky, eh?

you know, someone here says our type is "what's wrong with America" .

LOL. No doubt.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by NVhntr
I'm still on the run for that pack of Tiparillos I swiped back in Jr. High. Thay ain't gonna take me alive.

Or was it Swisher Sweets? Hell, I don't know.

We’d by Swisher Sweets when I was in HS and smoke them when we would skip school and go fishing.
I haven’t had one in at least 40 yrs or so.

Nowadays, when I’m in a convenience store buying a Coke, I see the young black folks buying Swisher Sweets. One of the clerks I know told me they take the tobacco out of them and stuff them full of Pot so they can smoke their marijuana “incognito”.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
About 14.

Me and a neighbor buddy found a bunch of purses dumped out near a gravel pit. The thieves just took the cash and left everything else. Apparently, there was a number of purse snatchings at a nearby restaurant. They would run to the gravel pit to dump them. We had to take the cops there to show them the area, and got a ride that way.

The cops finally caught the thieves a few months later. They were Norwegians.

One of the ladies got an old picture back, and sent me $2 in the mail because she was grateful.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (10gaugemag, 1234, 19rabbit52, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 52 invisible), 2,037 guests, and 1,100 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,087
Posts18,463,935
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.