Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 24 1 2 3 4 23 24
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's a movie set, play acting, there should be no live ammo on the set.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
As much as I hate Alec Baldwin, and as much as I’d like to see the POS fry, it sounds to me like the gal that was the Set Armorer, Thell Reed’s daughter, was in way over her head, and pretty much clueless. Daddy got her The the job in that job field, where she had no business being.

And while I agree Baldwin bears some responsibility for pointing the gun at someone he hadn’t checked and pulling the trigger, ultimately it was the Sets Armorer’s responsibility to make sure the gun and dumbass actors are safe.

If they “get” Baldwin for this, it will be because he’s the Producer and hired the incompetent little gal. And that will be in a Civil Suit.

Being that it happened in the Libertard Haven Santa Fe, I’m not competent that the Libertard DA and Libertard Sheriff will arrest or prosecute any of the dumbasses involved.
We shall see. But I’m betting Baldwin is not even charged. Or if he is charged criminally, the POS will skate with a slap on the wrist, at the very most.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by goalie
Originally Posted by LongSpurHunter
Did the armorer point the gun? I'm sorry, but the one ultimately responsible is the one holding/shooting the firearm.

I'm sorry that Alec is a stupid SOB, but stupid should hurt.

You are not familiar at all with how a movie set works, are you?

If industry standards are followed, the actor isn't finger fuucking the gun to "check" it, and, even if it was a rare actor/actress with a clue, dummy ammo looks like live ammo, so often "checking" would just show you that SOMETHING is in the firearm.

Baldwin had a single-action revolver. It wasn't his job to "check" it, there are multiple safety layers built into industry standard processes.

The fact that these amateur hour idiots obviously were not following industry standards is gonna result in a person or persons being liable, but if Baldwin is on that list, it'll be as a producer who hired the idiots, not as the actor who pulled the trigger.

I'll admit that I don't know first hand how a movie set works with firearms or anything else for that matter, but I cannot think of a single situation including a movie set that trumps basic firearm safety. If this situation doesn't reinforce that for you then I don't know what would. You say it wasn't his job to "check" it then why not? I know I would and I also know that after "checking" it to verify the condition I still would not point it at anything I didn't intend to shoot.

That is the responsibility of EVERY person that has a firearm in his or her hand regardless of whether it is a movie set or not.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
As much as I hate Alec Baldwin, and as much as I’d like to see the POS fry, it sounds to me like the gal that was the Set Armorer, Thell Reed’s daughter, was in way over her head, and pretty much clueless. Daddy got her The the job in that job field, where she had no business being.

And while I agree Baldwin bears some responsibility for pointing the gun at someone he hadn’t checked and pulling the trigger, ultimately it was the Sets Armorer’s responsibility to make sure the gun and dumbass actors are safe.

If they “get” Baldwin for this, it will be because he’s the Producer and hired the incompetent little gal. And that will be in a Civil Suit.

Being that it happened in the Libertard Haven Santa Fe, I’m not competent that the Libertard DA and Libertard Sheriff will arrest or prosecute any of the dumbasses involved.
We shall see. But I’m betting Baldwin is not even charged. Or if he is charged criminally, the POS will skate with a slap on the wrist, at the very most.

I wonder who loaded Hinckley's gun?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DBT

do we know there was "live ammo" on the set, assuming you are not referring to blanks?

If that info has been posted here, verifiable info, I must have missed it.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They hired incompetent underqualified twit to handle firearm props and safety. It sounds like when as one would expect. That's a pretty major fug up, someone is going to get charged with manslaughter. Alec Baldwin is a chunt, but I don't think he owns this one. Whoever hired that fat little twit and the the fat little twit own it. It doesn't take much brains to keep that kind of thing from happening. But then again I never meant a liberal with even half a brain.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
They hired incompetent underqualified twit to handle firearm props and safety. It sounds like when as one would expect. That's a pretty major fug up, someone is going to get charged with manslaughter. Alec Baldwin is a chunt, but I don't think he owns this one. Whoever hired that fat little twit and the the fat little twit own it. It doesn't take much brains to keep that kind of thing from happening. But then again I never meant a liberal with even half a brain.

Baldwin hired her.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Longbob
Did the armorer point the gun? I'm sorry, but the one ultimately responsible is the one holding/shooting the firearm.

If industry standards are followed, the actor isn't finger fuucking the gun to "check" it, and, even if it was a rare actor/actress with a clue, dummy ammo looks like live ammo, so often "checking" would just show you that SOMETHING is in the firearm.

Baldwin had a single-action revolver. It wasn't his job to "check" it, there are multiple safety layers built into industry standard processes.

The fact that these amateur hour idiots obviously were not following industry standards is gonna result in a person or persons being liable, but if Baldwin is on that list, it'll be as a producer who hired the idiots, not as the actor who pulled the trigger.

I'll admit that I don't know first hand how a movie set works with firearms or anything else for that matter, but I cannot think of a single situation including a movie set that trumps basic firearm safety. If this situation doesn't reinforce that for you then I don't know what would. You say it wasn't his job to "check" it then why not? I know I would and I also know that after "checking" it to verify the condition I still would not point it at anything I didn't intend to shoot.

That is the responsibility of EVERY person that has a firearm in his or her hand regardless of whether it is a movie set or not.

Right?

I must have missed the part about not being responsible if you are from Hollywood in the NRA's 10 Commandments of Gun Safety

Maybe Goalie can point it out.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

I wonder who loaded Hinckley's gun?

Hinkley wasn’t in a Movie. So what’s your point ???
And who’s sock puppet are you ???

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
She is no different from any one else in Tinsel Town.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

Right?

I must have missed the part about not being responsible if you are from Hollywood in the NRA's 10 Commandments of Gun Safety

I may be a bit over the top with my personal gun safety feelings because I even feel a bit awkward looking down a loose gun barrel that isn't attached to an action. It just seems unnatural to me.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by DBT

do we know there was "live ammo" on the set, assuming you are not referring to blanks?

Without live ammo on the set, the incident could not have happened.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
she f-ucked up but i'd still do her.

My diploma is a DD214
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Brandon Lee was killed with a "blank." Plastic pieces entered his abdomen and he died as a result.

The only sure thing that would have prevented this is basic firearm safety procedure.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Are you considering blanks as "live ammo"?

if so, how do you shoot a western movie without them?

Now, if the inexperienced property person bought a box of rounds for the gun, thinking they were blanks and it turns out they weren't, then there's a problem.

If a blank round (wooden plug?) was fired, hit the gal, penetrated then hit the director dude, were they using "live ammo"?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Brandon Lee was killed with a "blank." Plastic pieces entered his abdomen and he died as a result.

The only sure thing that would have prevented this is basic firearm safety procedure.

Bingo!

However, there is still the necessity of making the movie and having "shootouts" look real requiring some pointing of weapons at an opponent I would think?

Last edited by Valsdad; 10/23/21.

In it is contentment

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Are you considering blanks as "live ammo"?

if so, how do you shoot a western movie without them?

Now, if the inexperienced property person bought a box of rounds for the gun, thinking they were blanks and it turns out they weren't, then there's a problem.

If a blank round (wooden plug?) was fired, hit the gal, penetrated then hit the director dude, were they using "live ammo"?

Geno, a couple of different News Outlets today said it was Live Ammo. And if I’m not mistaken, I believe the LEO’s Warrant someone posted said the same.
From what I’ve gathered, someone on the Set was firing live ammo though the gun, apparently during one of the filming breaks. That’s what I’ve gathered from reading bits and pieces of a bunch of different News Storiies and Posts he on the Campfire. But I could be wrong. Wouldn’t be the first time. 😬

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Bingo!

However, there is still the necessity of making the movie and having "shootouts" look real requiring some pointing of weapons at an opponent I would think?

I think a competent director could work the angles where it "appeared" they were aiming at one another, but the audience could not tell the difference. Outside of a camera shot looking down the sightline how would you really know that the gun wasn't precisely pointed at the other person?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

No I am not, but I am familiar with how life works and how to deal with firearms. I guess you believe that people should not be responsible for their own actions

I'd likely think that way if I was from Minnesota too.

So, tell me how the actor checks the gun when dummy rounds are used in the scene? Be specific.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Right?

Somehow, industry standard procedures for gun handling on movie sets have allowed people to shoot at each other literally millions of times while making movies with a pretty damn impressive safety record.

Maybe ask why those long-used industry standards were not used on this set.......

Page 2 of 24 1 2 3 4 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (01Foreman400, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 1234, 57 invisible), 2,338 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,661
Posts18,455,712
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.