Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 23 24
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Who’s sock puppet is LongSpurHunter ???

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Some retard who thinks you make movies with gunfights by having the actors "check" the weapons????

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Why would anyone expect actors to know even basic gun safety? They're actors, and 99% probably aren't gun owners or have firearms experience. They are paid to pretend for a living...

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Longbob
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by DBT
It's a movie set, play acting, there should be no live ammo on the set.

do we know there was "live ammo" on the set, assuming you are not referring to blanks?

If that info has been posted here, verifiable info, I must have missed it.

Without live ammo on the set, the incident could not have happened.

Brandon Lee was killed with a "blank." Plastic pieces entered his abdomen and he died as a result.

The only sure thing that would have prevented this is basic firearm safety procedure.

Brandon was shot with a normal projectile. At some point before the shooting, dummy rounds were used for video close-ups. The dummy rounds were normal rounds pulled to dump the powder then projectiles re-seated. At some stage the trigger was pulled on one and the squib load pushed the bullet into the barrel.

The next shot was the blank that was aimed at Brandon and the stuck projectile exited the barrel.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

do we know there was "live ammo" on the set, assuming you are not referring to blanks?

Brandon Lee was killed with a "blank." Plastic pieces entered his abdomen and he died as a result.

The only sure thing that would have prevented this is basic firearm safety procedure.

Brandon was shot with a normal projectile. At some point before the shooting, dummy rounds were used for video close-ups. The dummy rounds were normal rounds pulled to dump the powder then projectiles re-seated. At some stage the trigger was pulled on one and the squib load pushed the bullet into the barrel.

The next shot was the blank that was aimed at Brandon and the stuck projectile exited the barrel.

Yup, which is why checking the bore is part of the SOP now.

Brandon Lee was a real freak accident that is used in the Swiss cheese model of system failure we use today to try and avoid "stacking" little bad things and ending with a really big bad thing.

This was negligence and stupidity, with a dash of arrogance and a sprinkle of diversity hiring.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by goalie

Some retard who thinks you make movies with gunfights by having the actors "check" the weapons????

LOL. Yep. I figured it was another BoobyBrown sock puppet, since he hadn’t posted for the last couple of days.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by LongSpurHunter
Originally Posted by LongSpurHunter
Did the armorer point the gun? I'm sorry, but the one ultimately responsible is the one holding/shooting the firearm.

I'm sorry that Alec is a stupid SOB, but stupid should hurt.

You are not familiar at all with how a movie set works, are you?

If industry standards are followed, the actor isn't finger fuucking the gun to "check" it, and, even if it was a rare actor/actress with a clue, dummy ammo looks like live ammo, so often "checking" would just show you that SOMETHING is in the firearm.

Baldwin had a single-action revolver. It wasn't his job to "check" it, there are multiple safety layers built into industry standard processes.

The fact that these amateur hour idiots obviously were not following industry standards is gonna result in a person or persons being liable, but if Baldwin is on that list, it'll be as a producer who hired the idiots, not as the actor who pulled the trigger.

I'll admit that I don't know first hand how a movie set works with firearms or anything else for that matter, but I cannot think of a single situation including a movie set that trumps basic firearm safety. If this situation doesn't reinforce that for you then I don't know what would. You say it wasn't his job to "check" it then why not? I know I would and I also know that after "checking" it to verify the condition I still would not point it at anything I didn't intend to shoot.

That is the responsibility of EVERY person that has a firearm in his or her hand regardless of whether it is a movie set or not.

Right?

I must have missed the part about not being responsible if you are from Hollywood in the NRA's 10 Commandments of Gun Safety

Maybe Goalie can point it out.

Somehow, industry standard procedures for gun handling on movie sets have allowed people to shoot at each other literally millions of times while making movies with a pretty damn impressive safety record.

Maybe ask why those long-used industry standards were not used on this set.......

Gee? Really? (sarcasm font off)

Seems like from some of the reports (if true), there were hands that left because those standards weren't being met.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Why would anyone expect actors to know even basic gun safety? They're actors, and 99% probably aren't gun owners or have firearms experience. They are paid to pretend for a living...

Yep. Especially asswipes like Baldwin.

Someone on the other thread today posted that Baldwin’s old man was a former Marine and Coach of the HS Rifle Team where Baldwin grew up. Don’t know if that’s true or not, but If that’s the case, surely his old man would have taught him basic gun safety. Apparently it didn’t take.

But in my way of thinking, 99 % of the liability’s in this case fall on the Set’s Armorer. Who’s main job is to keep everyone on the Set safe, and make sure there’s no live ammo ANYWHERE on the damned set. And that the guns are SAFE before the actors or anybody handles them.

Like I mentioned before, sounds to me like she was neither experienced or confident. And the last person that should have been in charge of the Firearms, Real or Fake on that set.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 10/23/21.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rem141r
barnaby jones was never the same without grannie and jethro

Truth...

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DMc
Originally Posted by rem141r
barnaby jones was never the same without grannie and jethro

Truth...

LOL. Yep. Maybe Barnaby Jones needed a hound dog like Ole Duke that Jed had for his Sidekick on the Beverly Hillbillies 😜

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Barnaby Jones

That the one with Fish?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Any one know how many gunshot deaths occurred on John Ford movie sets?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Morewood
Any one know how many gunshot deaths occurred on John Ford movie sets?

I would bet ZERO.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by slumlord
Barnaby Jones

That the one with Fish?

Abe Vigoda ??? He still alive, or singing in the Band with ole Roy and Jed ?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by slumlord
Barnaby Jones

That the one with Fish?

Abe Vigoda ??? He still alive, or singing in the Band with ole Roy and Jed ?

I had to look it up. He daid. Died in 2016 at 94.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Are you considering blanks as "live ammo"?

if so, how do you shoot a western movie without them?

Now, if the inexperienced property person bought a box of rounds for the gun, thinking they were blanks and it turns out they weren't, then there's a problem.

If a blank round (wooden plug?) was fired, hit the gal, penetrated then hit the director dude, were they using "live ammo"?

If it's capable of passing through someone and injuring the person behind, it is a live round. It can kill.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Alec is a POS. And an idiot.
He picked it up, pointed it at the woman, and pulled the trigger.

The crew set up a dangerous situation, but it takes an azhole to turn that into a dead body.

And I'm sorry but I would never take a firearm without checking if it was loaded (or loaded with dummies) on my own.

Last edited by 907brass; 10/23/21.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Are you considering blanks as "live ammo"?

if so, how do you shoot a western movie without them?

Now, if the inexperienced property person bought a box of rounds for the gun, thinking they were blanks and it turns out they weren't, then there's a problem.

If a blank round (wooden plug?) was fired, hit the gal, penetrated then hit the director dude, were they using "live ammo"?

If it's capable of passing through someone and injuring the person behind, it is a live round. It can kill.

Roger that,

so they shouldn't have blanks on the set of a Western movie, right?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Baldwin should be charged along with anyone else.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

I stand corrected as to what penetrated him. And it goes to show you why it is imperative to never point any gun directly at someone you don’t intend to shoot. Stupid stuff can happen no matter what is checked or not. An active armourer for these types of movies says the same.

https://nypost.com/2021/10/23/baldwin-ignored-no-1-rule-of-gun-safety-hollywood-weapons-expert/

Page 3 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

667 members (1lessdog, 007FJ, 163bc, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1234, 59 invisible), 2,901 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,577
Posts18,454,007
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.