Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
It's a movie set, play acting, there should be no live ammo on the set.

do we know there was "live ammo" on the set, assuming you are not referring to blanks?

If that info has been posted here, verifiable info, I must have missed it.

Without live ammo on the set, the incident could not have happened.

Are you considering blanks as "live ammo"?

if so, how do you shoot a western movie without them?

Now, if the inexperienced property person bought a box of rounds for the gun, thinking they were blanks and it turns out they weren't, then there's a problem.

If a blank round (wooden plug?) was fired, hit the gal, penetrated then hit the director dude, were they using "live ammo"?

If it's capable of passing through someone and injuring the person behind, it is a live round. It can kill.

Roger that,

so they shouldn't have blanks on the set of a Western movie, right?

A blank that can shoot through one person and injure the person behind, two with one shot, is just as deadly as a live round. Are all blanks capable of that?

BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Longbob
I know I would and I also know that after "checking" it to verify the condition I still would not point it at anything I didn't intend to shoot.

That is the responsibility of EVERY person that has a firearm in his or her hand regardless of whether it is a movie set or not.

Wouldn't make much of an actor if you refuse to point your gun towards the bad guys or the camera grin I guess you wouldn't put your finger on the trigger, either.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That article said live round, like the article I had read earlier today talking about the Search Warrant issued by Santa Fe LEO.

Someone earlier today posted a interview with Actor and 2nd Amendment supporter John Schneider of “Dukes of Hazard” fame. He pretty much said the same thing. And through Baldwin under the bus, too.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Goosey
I know I would and I also know that after "checking" it to verify the condition I still would not point it at anything I didn't intend to shoot.

That is the responsibility of EVERY person that has a firearm in his or her hand regardless of whether it is a movie set or not.

Wouldn't make much of an actor if you refuse to point your gun towards the bad guys or the camera grin I guess you wouldn't put your finger on the trigger, either.

From the link I posted. You can draw you own conclusions.

“Loaded or unloaded, a weapon never gets pointed at another human being,” Hollywood firearms consultant Bryan Carpenter of Dark Thirty Film Services told The Post.

Baldwin, 63, fired a prop gun that killed Halyna Hutchins, 42, and injured the film’s director, Joel Souza, on the “Rust” set in Santa Fe, NM, on Thursday.

For safety, all live firearms used in TV and film productions are typically aimed at a dummy point, not at equipment, cast or crew, Carpenter noted. Guns, he said, are never aimed at a person.

https://nypost.com/2021/10/23/baldwin-ignored-no-1-rule-of-gun-safety-hollywood-weapons-expert/

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

“Loaded or unloaded, a weapon never gets pointed at another human being,” Hollywood firearms consultant Bryan Carpenter of Dark Thirty Film Services told The Post.

Baldwin, 63, fired a prop gun that killed Halyna Hutchins, 42, and injured the film’s director, Joel Souza, on the “Rust” set in Santa Fe, NM, on Thursday.

For safety, all live firearms used in TV and film productions are typically aimed at a dummy point, not at equipment, cast or crew, Carpenter noted. Guns, he said, are never aimed at a person.

https://nypost.com/2021/10/23/baldwin-ignored-no-1-rule-of-gun-safety-hollywood-weapons-expert/

Gooseschitt isn’t that smart. He’s just a Libertard Troll that comes over from DemoRat Underground and makes an ass of his self. Pay him no mind. He’s an idiot.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Gooseschitt isn’t that smart. He’s just a Libertard Troll that comes over from DemoRat Underground and makes an ass of his self. Pay him no mind. He’s an idiot.

Noted. Thanks.

There are quite a few other comments in that article that are interesting and don't bode well for Baldwin. Time will tell.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
The whole movie industry are fugging idiots. When justice has been served on this there should be price on Baldwin's head.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
never heard of Thel Reed, but if he spawned this freak and then 'trained' her, well, he bears some responsibility himself. I see no reason to excuse Baldwin at all. He pulled the trigger.
g

Sam......

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

This demonstrates just how fugking stupid you are.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Goosey has put his finger on many a cock.
But said finger has never touched a trigger.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
never heard of Thel Reed, but if he spawned this freak and then 'trained' her, well, he bears some responsibility himself. I see no reason to excuse Baldwin at all. He pulled the trigger.
g

Spot on.
They were not filming so even if he was just ghosting the scene to discuss some point there was no need to point and pull..
I know kids with more common sense than him.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
The one who pulled the trigger is responsible, bottom line.

I spend all my money on loose women and trapping supplies.....The rest I just waste.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Here's a decent video about the Rust Prop gun shooting.

https://www.bitchute.com/search/?qu...t%20prop%20gun%20shooting&kind=video

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

do we know there was "live ammo" on the set, assuming you are not referring to blanks?

Brandon Lee was killed with a "blank." Plastic pieces entered his abdomen and he died as a result.

The only sure thing that would have prevented this is basic firearm safety procedure.

This bullet went through a woman and injured the man behind her. That was no blank.

This is Hollywood and there's big money involved. I'm guessing that in the end it will be ruled an accident and no one will be charged.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
and this was not the first incident on the set?
https://redstate.com/nick-arama/202...gun-used-by-baldwin-stunt-double-n462080
Baldwin’s stunt double accidentally fired two rounds Saturday after being told that the gun was “cold” — lingo for a weapon that doesn’t have any ammunition, including blanks — two crew members who witnessed the episode told the Los Angeles Times.

“There should have been an investigation into what happened,” a crew member said. “There were no safety meetings. There was no assurance that it wouldn’t happen again. All they wanted to do was rush, rush, rush.”

A colleague was so alarmed by the prop gun misfires that he sent a text message to the unit production manager. “We’ve now had 3 accidental discharges. This is super unsafe,” according to a copy of the message reviewed by The Times.

Sam......

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
"Told ya I didn't do nuthing wrong. Time to celebrate."

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
As I have posted previously, Alec Baldwin’s father ( Alexander Rae Baldwin) was a Marine veteran and long term Rifle Coach at Massapequa High School on Long Island, NY. He was highly respected and very successful sending his team to the NY State Championship Match on a number of occasions. Ironically he received a medical discharge from the US Marines after being wounded in an accidental rifle range discharge on Parris Island.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
According to the search warrant, Gutierrez-Reed put three prop guns on a cart at the location. Then the first assistant director, Dave Halls, grabbed one of the guns from the cart and brought it inside to Baldwin, unaware that it was loaded with live rounds. As we previously noted, ‘live rounds’ doesn’t necessary mean real ammo; ‘live’ is an industry term that refers to a gun being loaded with some material, such as a blank, ready for filming.
As I said before, this bullet went through a woman and hit the man behind her. There's no blank that can do that. It was a real cartridge.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by slumlord
Barnaby Jones

That the one with Fish?

no that was cannon.

My diploma is a DD214
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Brandon Lee was killed with a "blank." Plastic pieces entered his abdomen and he died as a result.

The only sure thing that would have prevented this is basic firearm safety procedure.

This bullet went through a woman and injured the man behind her. That was no blank.

This is Hollywood and there's big money involved. I'm guessing that in the end it will be ruled an accident and no one will be charged.

Yes, that is correct. I have never heard differently.

Page 4 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
634 members (257_X_50, 1234, 257Bob, 06hunter59, 257man, 007FJ, 72 invisible), 2,970 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,664
Posts18,399,333
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.