Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 23 24
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Longbob
Yes, that is correct. I have never heard differently.

The part you may have wrong is what killed Brandon Lee.

It wasn't particles of plastic that killed him. It was a bullet that was lodged in the barrel of the handgun, then when blank rounds were loaded, the pressure blew the bullet out, just as a live round of ammo would have.

The gun was being used in a scene prior to the fatal shooting to show the guy 'chambering a round'... in which dummy, or inert ammo was used, to make it appear real. Problem was, the "dummy" round had an active primer, and when the trigger was pulled, the primer pushed the bullet into the barrel. The following scene, blanks were loaded into the pistol, and when fired, the pressure from the blank pushed the real bullet out and killed Lee.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
GB1

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
The gun did not pull it's own trigger....it didn't aim itself either. A single action doesn't cock it's own hammer.

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Negligent Homicide for the gun chick, Reckless Endangerment for the POS baldwin.

I can't believe the number gun guys making excuses for the fúcktard...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
Negligent Homicide for the gun chick, Reckless Endangerment for the POS baldwin.

Which guy guys are making excuses?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Now you know the reason why the FX guys were scared schidtless when I got Q. Tarentino’s Frankenluger to run with live ammo! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Now you know the reason why the FX guys were scared schidtless when I got Q. Tarentino’s Frankenluger to run with live ammo! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣.

Shat their pants! laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

It wasn't particles of plastic that killed him. It was a bullet that was lodged in the barrel of the handgun, then when blank rounds were loaded, the pressure blew the bullet out, just as a live round of ammo would have.

The gun was being used in a scene prior to the fatal shooting to show the guy 'chambering a round'... in which dummy, or inert ammo was used, to make it appear real. Problem was, the "dummy" round had an active primer, and when the trigger was pulled, the primer pushed the bullet into the barrel. The following scene, blanks were loaded into the pistol, and when fired, the pressure from the blank pushed the real bullet out and killed Lee.

Yes, I was wrong about what was the projectile.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Yes, I was wrong about what was the projectile.

We know. 😉

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We can say that Baldwin broke all the rules of safe gun handling but he's likely never heard of them. He's anti-gun and would have never been trained like everyone here. Gun handling rules are learned, not instinctive. That's why they have an armorer. It's her job to do what the actors can't do because of the lack of training. It's her job to keep everyone safe and she totally failed to do her job. This is on her head.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
We can say that Baldwin broke all the rules of safe gun handling but he's likely never heard of them. He's anti-gun and would have never been trained like everyone here. Gun handling rules are learned, not instinctive. That's why they have an armorer. It's her job to do what the actors can't do because of the lack of training. It's her job to keep everyone safe and she totally failed to do her job. This is on her head.

It's on Baldwin too, because as producer he's the one who hired her, as incompetent as she was.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Originally Posted by goalie
Baldwin had a single-action revolver. It wasn't his job to "check" it, there are multiple safety layers built into industry standard processes.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

If the production company has her doing two dozen other things and has no standards for training or competency (likely on both counts) it's on them too.

Calling that woman an armorer is a joke.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This from memory, and it's been a long time, but the film industry SOP includes never aiming a prop firearm at another person. The actor is supposed to aim slightly to the side. The reason given was that the gas discharge from blanks can cause serious harm, even if nothing else goes wrong. Which makes sense.

That rule was not followed, here, nor were several others. Which, to me, isuggests manslaughter at a minimum.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Originally Posted by goalie
Baldwin had a single-action revolver. It wasn't his job to "check" it, there are multiple safety layers built into industry standard processes.

What he said is pretty much true.

Gun safety on the set of the movie falls to the armourer.

Just like explosives fall to the FX guy.

The liberal actors cannot be expected to know the first thing about gun safety, or even how a firearm works. Which actor would you trust to determine whether you were safe or not? eek

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Alec Baldwin's father was a Marine and shooting instructor, I vet he knows firearms

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by jwp475

Alec Baldwin's father was a Marine and shooting instructor, I vet he knows firearms
Not disagreeing, but with the armorer's family history, she should know firearms a lot better than seems the case.

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Has anyone seen that it was a normal live round? Or was it a blank and something was in the barrel that shouldn't have been?
Just curious, and it doesn't change much, but it would be nice to know.

Retired cat herder.

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

The liberal actors cannot be expected to know the first thing about gun safety, or even how a firearm works. Which actor would you trust to determine whether you were safe or not? eek

There are some.

Retired cat herder.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Originally Posted by jwp475

Not disagreeing, but with the armorer's family history, she should know firearms a lot better than seems the case.

She said in an interview a month or so prior that she didn't think she was ready to be an armorer

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by g5m

There are some.

There's a few. Mostly those are not liberals.

But how do you know which ones to trust?

The movie set armourer is the safety net. It's supposed to be safe, and everyone has confidence in the system of safety the armourer deploys.

But now, with the hiring of this ignorant, liberal snowflake who made such a complete clusterfug of every safety precaution the movies depend on, there will be serious doubt in everyone's mind for quite some time.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 5 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 19rabbit52, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 65 invisible), 2,239 guests, and 1,161 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,210
Posts18,466,168
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.