Print Thread
Hop To
Page 25 of 38 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 37 38
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Soo.....

What the fire decide?

Is the trunk or treating at the church house ok or not?

#askingforafriend

Don't know, don't care.............................................even if they come to a consensus.

I've been known to question authority.................even the Campfire type.

My only concern is will renegade send me the Smarties and Tootsie Rolls.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Soo.....

What the fire decide?

#askingforafriend

Maybe if you're costumed as the Messiah?

Better pm sloppy cumdumpster for info. According to him he knows what Christ looked like.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Didn't have long hair, that's for sure.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Looked like Edward Woodward maybe?

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Soo.....

What the fire decide?

#askingforafriend

As long as they aint giving out Micheal Jackson Jesus Juice to the kids.
It's probably alright.

But if some tight wad bible thumper is handing out smarties, fruit flavored tootsie rolls, or some schit fruit grown on a tree in his backyard.
Then things are gonna get real.
Kids gonna revolt and Fugg some people up...

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Some asshat like Crappy Hamper will probably be on a soap box in the middle of the parking lot shaming the kids and handing out brochures with Bible verses.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by renegade50
Soo.....

What the fire decide?

#askingforafriend

It's probably alright.

But if some tight wad bible thumper is handing out smarties, fruit flavored tootsie rolls, or some schit fruit grown on a tree in his backyard.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

And Dum Dum suckers.....

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by renegade50
Soo.....

What the fire decide?

#askingforafriend
most gracious
It's probably alright.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Local Dr. and his family would dress up in something funky and hand out movie theater size candy bars.
That was forty some years ago.
Used to do yard work for them. Most gracious people in the neighborhood. Immigrants from India who were grateful to be Americans.
Little did they know they were offending God.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Soo.....

What the fire decide?

#askingforafriend

You and the kids will be sniffing Beezleybub's sulfurous butthole if you go to that devil party

[Linked Image from c.tenor.com]

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Some asshat like Crappy Hamper will probably be on a soap box in the middle of the parking lot shaming the kids and handing out brochures with Bible verses.

While secretly being fondled by Bugger4Life. OldTwat will be in the background somewhere too.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by auk1124
Soo.....

What the fire decide?

#askingforafriend

You and the kids will be sniffing Beezleybub's sulfurous butthole if you go to that devil party

[Linked Image from c.tenor.com]

Ha Ha,

I wanted that one the other day when I managed to get Conrad's help getting a gif to work. I couldn't figure out how to transfer that one then.

Gotta remember it for future use!

In it is contentment

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48
…the entire Bible is Jesus.
I see it differently. Some people deify the Bible, some people worship the Bible. I don’t.
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48
“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word is God.” John 1:1
The New Testament was written in Greek, and “Word” as used above is a translation of the Greek λόγος (logos), and is widely interpreted as referring to Jesus, as indicated in other verses later in the same chapter (verses 14-17). It is not synonymous with “the Bible.” It is a name or title for Jesus. The Greek logos means ‘the divine reason’ and is used to represent Jesus, who is the bridge between our inner spiritual needs and the answer proclaimed by the Gospel.

So the verse quoted above can be said, “In the beginning was Jesus, and Jesus was with God, and Jesus is God.”

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by antlers
I certainly don’t think there’s been a surge of atheism in this country, but there certainly has been a migration away from Christianity over the last 20 years or so. These folks are simply unaffiliated; they’ve simply disconnected from any religious affiliation, Christianity in particular. They don’t embrace any beliefs in particular, they’re not atheists or agnostics, and they don’t identify as Christian’s. They can’t really describe what they are, they just know what they’re not. And I don’t blame em’.

Maybe close to 25% of the total population, 35% of millennials, mostly males and mostly well educated, theologically apathetic…don’t know and don’t care, and don’t feel like they even need to know. They’re not hostile toward religion, they’re just not affiliated with it. And again, I don’t blame em’.

To me, the migration away from Christianity in this country is the church’s fault. The responsibility lies at the feet of the church. To me, the reason that so many people have disengaged from Christianity is not because of the message; it’s mostly because of the messengers. It’s not the fault of the unaffiliated that they've found Christianity so unappealing and unengaging and so irrational and so unscientific, and so ungracious; it’s the fault of the church.

When you open the Gospels, when you look at the way that Jesus interacted with people…and He’s the person whose at the very epicenter of everything Christians claim to believe and everything they do…you’ll see that people who were nothing like Jesus, liked Jesus. And you’ll see that He liked them back.

So maybe, if the version of Christianity that we’re seeing today isn’t attractive or compelling, maybe the church has the wrong version. There sure are a lotta deconversion stories out there. And I’ve never heard a deconversion story that had anything to do with who Jesus is. Many people have walked away from Christianity. And I think “why” is an important question that the church should be asking itself. It’s not appealing to so many people. And to me, in many cases, it’s not even accurate.

It is clear you do not read the Bible. The Church does not change to fit society. The Gospel is the same it has always been from the beginning. That is what is taught clearly and unambiguously in the Bible.

"Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it." Mat 7:14

Many, many people are hostile to the Gospel. The Gospel taught in the Bible. People always have been. Why? Because it convicts them. It tells them they are worthless sinners. Ya, that's what is says. It tells them that if they live the way they want to live they will die in their sins. They don't like that. Tickling peoples ears is not saving anyone.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
During the time between the resurrection of Jesus and the time that Constantine became the emperor of Rome, Christianity grew a lot and gained a lotta influence. Constantine reportedly didn’t embrace Christianity because he was all that interested in becoming a Christian personally. He embraced Christianity to unify the Roman Empire. The significance of that is staggering. He had to find something that most people in the empire had in common, and it wasn’t the Roman gods anymore. It was Christianity, the very faith that the empire had tried to eradicate and stamp out. And that was due to the significant spread of Christianity in its most difficult years.

Christianity made its greatest strides...when Christians faced tremendous hardship...during the nearly 300 years before the Bible ever even existed. Christianity grew from the time of Jesus to the time of Constantine not on the back of “the Bible says.” The Hebrew scriptures weren’t combined with the New Testament documents until about 350 years after Jesus’ birth. Before the OT and the NT were combined and titled ‘the Bible’, Christianity had already replaced the entire pantheon of Roman, Barbarian, and most Egyptian gods and was the state religion of the Roman Empire itself. Before anyone had ever held ‘the Bible’ in their hands. And it would be close to the invention of the printing press before anyone...unless they were a priest...ever held one in their hands.

1st, 2nd, and 3rd century Christians didn’t choose to follow Jesus because of an infallible OT or a non-contradicting NT; they didn’t choose to follow Jesus because of ‘the Bible’ that didn’t even exist yet. They were followers of Jesus because He rose from the dead. For the first 300 years, the focus was centered on an event, not on a book. The focus wasn’t “is the Bible true”...the focus was “did Jesus rise from the dead”...? And Matthew…who was an eyewitness…said He did, and documented it separately; and so did Mark, who spent time with Peter and got Peter’s eyewitness account, and documented it separately; and so did John…who was an eyewitness… and documented separately an account of Jesus’ life; Peter was an eyewitness and knew Jesus rose from the dead, and later on wrote letters separately to the churches to say so; and James…who was one of the earliest witnesses of his brother’s resurrection and became one of the pillars of the church…said so; Luke came along a little later, and thoroughly investigated these events and talked to as many eyewitnesses as possible, and put together a separate account; and then a fire-breathing Pharisee named Paul, who was was gonna put the Jesus movement out of business, met the resurrected Jesus and knew He rose from the dead, and he became a raving fan and dedicated his life to taking the Gospel of Jesus to the Gentiles all over the Roman world, and he wrote about it separately.

There’s no explanation for the success of the early church if Jesus hadn’t risen from the dead. The success of the early church was not due to the Bible…there was no ‘the Bible’ at this time. The success of the church was totally due to eyewitness accounts of Jesus’ Resurrection. Fortunately those who were closest to the event, those who were eyewitnesses of the event, documented it. But they didn’t document what they believed, they documented what they saw. The focus, to me, isn’t the Bible; the focus is, and always has been, Jesus. Christianity didn’t disrupt the Roman Empire because of the Bible; Christianity disrupted the Roman Empire because of a resurrected Savior.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Huntz
Originally Posted by OldHat
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by OldHat
Originally Posted by krp

Jesus' church is lead through the Holy Spirit, not a pulpit, not some man's words, not a confined in a book.

God uses Spirit filled people to shepherd His flock. It has been that way since the beginning. Many of those people are in the pulpit.

Can I assume you’re saying “you are spirit filled, and thusly a shepherd of men” ?

🦫

I wrote what I meant. The two sentences could not be more clear.

I simply stated what is clear in the Bible.

Nothing is clear in the Bible.That is why no two denominations can agree on anything written in the Bible.Then there are those few chosen that know exactly what is in the Bible.There is a name for them." Delusional"

... or perhaps those who reject Christ are delusional. Time will tell.

Page 25 of 38 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 37 38

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

87 members (264mag, 2500HD, 300_savage, 308xray, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 15 invisible), 1,117 guests, and 898 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,219
Posts18,447,478
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.