Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 38 1 2 3 4 37 38
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Fireball2
This video is geared towards believers. Unbelievers can (and do) do anything they want. There are no rules.

As a believer, can anyone name something Godly about halloween?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
This video is geared towards believers. Unbelievers can (and do) do anything they want. There are no rules.
That's retarded.
Amen Jim

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K

There's nothing Godly about combing our hair, driving a car, wearing cloths, hunting, fishing, following laws, Labor day, using toilet paper, veterans day, forth of july, washing dishes... you can not do anything physically or metaphorically Godly... or UnGodly.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp
Jesus doesn't care.
I concur.

By the way, Martin Luther nailed his 95 Theses to the door of the church in Wittenberg, thus lighting the fire of the Protestant Reformation on Oct. 31st, 1517.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
As was said, it's all in the way it's celebrated.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
If they truly believed, Christians would never celebrate anything. They'd live their entire lives in masochistic self-denial, sacrifice, and suffering to be worthy of the infinite rewards they expect when they're dead. Enjoying anything repudiates their faith.

This is just so wrong, I don't know where to start... Some of the happiest people that have been in my life were Christians to the core. Why would anybody be miserable after they find Christ? Christ didn't say you were exempt from hard times in you life, but he sure helps you to get through them. He also never said you must be miserable to follow me.

Last edited by reivertom; 10/24/21.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by reivertom
If they truly believed, Christians would never celebrate anything. They'd live their entire lives in masochistic self-denial, sacrifice, and suffering to be worthy of the infinite rewards they expect when they're dead. Enjoying anything repudiates their faith.

This is just so wrong, I don't know where to start... Some of the happiest people that have been in my life were Christians to the core. Why would anybody be miserable after they find Christ? Christ didn't say you were exempt from hard times in you life, but he sure helps you to get through them. He also never said you must be miserable to follow me.

Never read that in the Bible either,however, if you listen to some"christians" it certainly would seem that way.

Last edited by Sauer200; 10/24/21.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Is the Pope Catholic?Is Monty Python a Saint.What day is the true Sabbath?Was Jesus actually born on December 25th?Was Mary a Virgin?Is Happy Crapper a Virgin?Does Jesus save and Moses Invest?How many stupid topics can Happy Crapper come up with?An inquiring mind wants to know.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
If you listen to all these "Christians" who do nothing but scream about the rules, you begin to understand why HOA's are so common.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slumlord
Had a previous pastor

Was against Halloween...

But was ok with having an Easter egg hunt on church property. I called him out on that one. lol
He was sputtering like Sylvestor the cat.

Pastors should know better. Christians commonly celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ often throughout the year. Many set aside Easter on the calendar for recognizing the same resurrection following the sacrifice.
To accommodate the pagan influence of fertility worship or practices is wrong. Hide and seek of children and prizes any other time of year just for fun and not as a pagan practice is one thing.
But I don't think the Lord is pleased with us teaching children fertility games like the heathens.

Deuteronomy 11:28
"And a curse, if ye will not obey the commandments of the LORD your God, but turn aside out of the way which I command you this day, to go after other gods, which ye have not known."

18:9,10
"When thou art come into the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations.
There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch...",

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 10/24/21.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yup, and they should hang effigies of witches from the trees in their yards with Let’s Go Brandon signs around their necks, thereby offending both Wokesters and Demoncrats simultaneously.

Except for Satanists and other crackpots, Halloween is just an excuse to dress up and eat too much sugar.

Leave them kids alone!

What fresh Hell is this?
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by 5sdad
It is always amazing how many people feel the need to tell others how to live their lives.

What supersedes that amazement is how many people open up such threads knowing what it will contain just to protest free speech and religion.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Instead of Trick or Treating, the kids should be watching Gladiator movies.

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Knew HC couldn't resist.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Hastings
We "Christians" celebrate other holidays with pagan origin. What' wrong with one more? Sol Invictus became Christmas, the pagan fertility festival was co-opted for Easter. What's the harm? And if it is harmful maybe Christmas and Easter need to go.
Jesus himself addressed this when he pointed out that John was criticized for living a life of self denial and he Jesus was criticized for drinking and eating. I think Jesus was very social, not self denying, and enjoyed eating and drinking.
Jesus did not celebrate darkness and death. He celebrated light and life.Jesus was certainly not social with the pharisees and sadducees. He made them hate him by telling the Truth. I don't believe you know the Truth. You prove it every time I read a post of yours about faith and the Bible.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Here's 5:

[Linked Image from myareanetwork-photos.s3.amazonaws.com]

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
[Linked Image from i.styleoholic.com]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by Hastings
We "Christians" celebrate other holidays with pagan origin. What' wrong with one more? Sol Invictus became Christmas, the pagan fertility festival was co-opted for Easter. What's the harm? And if it is harmful maybe Christmas and Easter need to go.
Jesus himself addressed this when he pointed out that John was criticized for living a life of self denial and he Jesus was criticized for drinking and eating. I think Jesus was very social, not self denying, and enjoyed eating and drinking.
Jesus did not celebrate darkness and death. He celebrated light and life.Jesus was certainly not social with the pharisees and sadducees. He made them hate him by telling the Truth. I don't believe you know the Truth. You prove it every time I read a post of yours about faith and the Bible.
Huh?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Big jimmy be like, "Hey, Ho's, don't be messing with my grocery sacks full of candy......

Having kids participate is fine by me. Long ago I enjoyed the fun each year. I'm betting that today's kids do too.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Page 2 of 38 1 2 3 4 37 38

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

210 members (222ND, 257 mag, 300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 2UP, 18 invisible), 1,506 guests, and 922 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,718
Posts18,457,150
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.