Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Member
OP Online Content
Campfire Member
B
I’ve looked at a few T-Bolts in the last year or so and just about ready to pull the trigger, but …

I’d be curious to hear from owners about your experience when compared to a regular bolt gun (accuracy, function etc) - and - that dang double helix magazine that costs an arm and a leg.

Appreciate the help.

GB1

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
The one I had was very accurate. They are quite light also, but the triggers suck. Way to heavy of a trigger pull. I understand that Jard is making a trigger for them but it is rather expensive. Loved the magazine.

B
Campfire Member
OP Online Content
Campfire Member
B
Thanks K22, saw some other posts outside 24Hour about the trigger as well, great feedback appreciate it.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
There was a write up in a gun mag here a few years back. A t-bolt in 22mag was tested and it was very accurate. Made me want to get one but I haven't yet.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
I have a Varmint/Target T-bolt and it's a great shooter. Check out rimfirecentral.com they have a thread dedicated to Browning rimfires. A lot of good info on the T-bolt. You will not be disappointed if you get one.
k2nd

IC B2

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by B52RadarNav
Thanks K22, saw some other posts outside 24Hour about the trigger as well, great feedback appreciate it.

It is not as classic as the T-Bolt I had as a kid, but in some respects the newer T-Bolt is better. Given the chance I would buy another, install a Jard trigger and would be completely satisfied.

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
I have a Belgian left hand T-Bolt and left hand T-Bolts in 17 HMR, 22 Mag and 22LR, which I re-barreled to 17 Mach II. I like them very much. I don't think they will be as accurate as other target rifles but are really light and woods worthy. A great hunting/plinking rifle. I shoot prairie dogs with my 17 HMR out to 200 yards, with favorable winds.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
B
Campfire Member
OP Online Content
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by k2nd
I have a Varmint/Target T-bolt and it's a great shooter. Check out rimfirecentral.com they have a thread dedicated to Browning rimfires. A lot of good info on the T-bolt. You will not be disappointed if you get one.
k2nd

k2nd, been over there today checking out info after your recommendation, great info and appreciate the help.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I have a wood stocked .22. Lightened the trigger with the adjustment screw by following the instructions on line from other shooters. Could be a lighter but plenty good enough for starling and red squirrels at 100 yards. As much fun as you can pack in to a bolt action type rifle.

I don't want a pickle, I just wanna ride my motorcycle
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
I like mine. it's a .22 WMR and is pretty accurate. I like the mag and the butt stock storage for the extra mag.

I spend a good bit of time on the trigger, improved it a bunch. With a lot of testing and dry firing, the firing pin makes a dent on the barrel face. It's designed to not burr the rim. The gun is light and very handy.

DF

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
My left hand T Bolt is really accurate. The trigger is heavy, but is so crisp that it feels lighter than it is. Over on Rimfire Central a few trigger tuning tips are available. I worked mine over a bit and it helped, but it is still heavier than I like. If I remember correctly, some company is making a replacement trigger, but it's about $175.

B
Campfire Member
OP Online Content
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
I like mine. it's a .22 WMR and is pretty accurate. I like the mag and the butt stock storage for the extra mag.

I spend a good bit of time on the trigger, improved it a bunch. With a lot of testing and dry firing, the firing pin makes a dent on the barrel face. It's designed to not burr the rim. The gun is light and very handy.

DF

Nice rifle DF, thanks for posting - any regrets on the composite stock?

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
No, it’s light and the extra mag storage is a bonus.

The trigger needs help. Good tutorials on line.

DF

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
B52RadarNav: I have owned two Belgium Browning T-Bolts in 22 L.R and fired/Hunted with them a bit. They were fine guns and I can NOT figger why I sold them?
I currently own a beautiful wood stocked Browning T-Bot heavy barrel in 22 Magnum.
I love everything about it including its trigger and its accuracy - but the cheesy chincey magazines it uses, troubles me, more than just a little bit.
The stock on my T-Bolt is very pleasing in looks and fit for my uses (Colony Varminting and small game).
Best of luck if you decide to try one.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

B
Campfire Member
OP Online Content
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
B52RadarNav: I have owned two Belgium Browning T-Bolts in 22 L.R and fired/Hunted with them a bit. They were fine guns and I can NOT figger why I sold them?
I currently own a beautiful wood stocked Browning T-Bot heavy barrel in 22 Magnum.
I love everything about it including its trigger and its accuracy - but the cheesy chincey magazines it uses, troubles me, more than just a little bit.
The stock on my T-Bolt is very pleasing in looks and fit for my uses (Colony Varminting and small game).
Best of luck if you decide to try one.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Sure appreciate you weighing in with your thoughts - same shout out to other members on this thread who took the time to give me some good info to consider.

I’m sold … picked up a T Bolt from another member here on the Classifieds Forum so look forward to receiving and gettin’ to some shootin’!

Thanks to everyone.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
B52RadarNav: Good for you - which caliber did you choose 17 HMR, 22 L.R. or 22 Magnum?
Enjoy and let us know how it shoots.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
The mags are the best going and worth the cost. The trigger spring is why it's so heavy and won't adjust down.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
B
Campfire Member
OP Online Content
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
B52RadarNav: Good for you - which caliber did you choose 17 HMR, 22 L.R. or 22 Magnum?
Enjoy and let us know how it shoots.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

VarmintGuy - 22LR but a big 17HMR fan so probably won’t take me long to be on the lookout.

Y’all have a good weekend

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have one in 17 HMR with a maple stock. I didn’t love the trigger. Bought the Jard, had a smith install it, and I don’t like that either. Haven’t messed with it much for a while. Need to get back to it, maybe have another smith work the trigger. I like that the Jard is all metal (original was all plastic), but as I recall, the Jard was actually too light and couldn’t be adjusted heavier.

I have a Ruger 77/17 as well. One of these rifles liked the tipped bullets and the other liked the cci game points. Don’t recall which right now. The T-Bolt is a beautiful little rifle, almost too light. If I had to pick, I’d keep the 77/17.

The last few years I haven’t had a lot of use for a 17 HMR. If that doesn’t change, it may go down the road.

I do like the magazine, but it doesn’t seem as sturdy as the Ruger’s. I love rotary mags on Rimfire rifles.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I've only owned one, an older Belgian made gun. It was nice, but wasn't as accurate as most CZ's or even the lower cost 64 actioned Anschutz rifles.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

666 members (10ring1, 01Foreman400, 160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1973cb450, 66 invisible), 3,006 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,263
Posts18,467,148
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.