A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by asheepdog
As a kid, my church put on a safe place to trick or treat and had good candy and other snacks. [bleep] the libtards.

It's not the Liberals who are against Halloween.

It's the Far Right Conservatives such as Slappy Hampster....the one's who are so far right they have to worry about falling off the edge of their young, flat earth.

Flat earth fable is another one of those lies propagated by atheists, satanists and various other a who hate christianity. Your argument is intended to discredit christianity and it's Founder by interjecting false narratives that were not held by christians.
BTW, I know what a true Bible believing Christian is.
They weren't the poope's and Cardinals' inquisiting soldiers.

It's also interesting how you disavowed the flat earth, but not the young earth. Both movements are driven by fundamentalist Christians, some are just more extreme in their fundamentalism than others.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
Originally Posted by poboy
I like Reese's peanut butter cups.

My favorite. Snickers come in a close second.

White chocolate Reese's are the best. Nothing regular shidt colored chocolate is not better in white chocolate.

MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I have arrowheads older than Shem, Ham and Larry

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
What does it matter to observe, participate in, or celebrate Halloween?

Many have posted that acts don’t matter. Only one’s faith and acceptance of the jesus.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by slumlord
I have arrowheads older than Shem, Ham and Larry

Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Halloween is a day of preparation for All Hallows Day, a celebration only important to Catholics. All Hallows Day is a day to celebrate those who the church has declared to be saints. The Bible calls all believers saints with no special appointment by the church. For those who believe the Bible, it's a day to celebrate all believers, not just those singled out a a church.
Since the Catholic saints are unimportant to all non-Catholics, their day is equally unimportant. It's just a day to dress up and play boogy-man.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
On judgement day, I doubt God will give a hoot about my Grandson dressing up as a can of Flex Seal and getting some free candy....Only the false prophet Adults can turn a Kids game into something evil..

laissez les bons temps rouler
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
[Linked Image from themetamorphosis.net]

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
You know, we celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, July 4th…..I take Christmas for what it is, a day for the family to get together. Thanksgiving is a day of celebration, but I was mostly deer hunting during that time.. Halloween can be enjoyed just like any of the other Holidays. Just keep in mind that it’s a celebration and not a worship service.

Mom died on October 31, 2009 in the morning, I don’t celebrate the day due to that. Love you Mom, you were more than I deserved.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I've thought it was a stupid holiday since I was about 11 yrs old, almost 50 yrs ago.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
We are saved by Faith, works build a place in Heaven.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

White chocolate Reese's are the best. Nothing regular shidt colored chocolate is not better in white chocolate.

Heretic. White chocolate is an abomination.

Demononic even.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I've thought it was a stupid holiday since I was about 11 yrs old, almost 50 yrs ago.

Oh well I guess the world should just cancel it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
White chocolate isn’t even really chocolate. But I still like it.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by auk1124
Originally Posted by Fireball2
This video is geared towards believers. Unbelievers can (and do) do anything they want. There are no rules.

As a believer, can anyone name something Godly about halloween?

Good question.

There's all kinds of old and new Testament prohibitions that God gives against the pagan rituals that Halloween is based upon.

Extortion
Fear
Darkness
Death
Satanism and the occult
Child sacrifices

A mother dressing up her little girl in a cute outfit and taking her around to friends and neighbors' houses to share in her joy and excitement at playing dress-up and receiving candy is not ungodly.

Kids aren't symbolically worshipping Satan when they dress up as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and eat Snickers bars.

I already addressed that in the video.
The children are not satanists. Of course kids like to pretend and play dress up. Why must parents refuse to learn what God thinks about it?
Kids are the innocent victims of crimes throughout the ages.
They were burned alive by the evil druids to the demons they worshiped. There's a very sinister foundation to Halloween that parents and grandparents on the forum should be aware of. It is still a serious satanic unholy day celebrated by Satanists, witches, and various occult religions. They take it seriously. Using a cultural practice that parents raised by gt traditions doesn't change that fact. The devil does everything he can to influence the young to change society. Christians should shape society with God's Word and Good News, Not the devil and his followers.

Arkansas State Capital idol of satan with children looking up to him.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ourney-to-the-arkansas-capitol-building/

How many people have been tortured and/or murdered in the name of Christianity?

Here's a half dozen torture methods used by the Spanish Inquisition:

https://historycollection.com/snap-crackle-pop-torture-methods-of-the-spanish-inquisition/4/

That's NOT Christianity.

The Inquisition was carried out by a pseudo"christian" sect that called itself THE Church. Jesus wasn't a part of that religion,some of whose officers carried out the torture of millions of peaceful true believers in Christ.
I saw the book describing such torture yesterday.
My friend asked me if I knew what it was. I did because a former friend, before I trusted my Lord, revealed that he was a satanist as I read from his library.
Like you, he also justified his religious views and animosity toward those So-called christians. That doesn't make you a satanist, but you use the same worn out argument to try to paint the Jesus' true followers to be those evil inquisitors of the Dark Ages.

Those individuals were just as certain that they were christian and doing God's work as you are.
They were probably right..........

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

I don't often find fault in Gruff's postings. Tonight is no different.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BayouRover
Big jimmy be like, "Hey, Ho's, don't be messing with my grocery sacks full of candy......

Having kids participate is fine by me. Long ago I enjoyed the fun each year. I'm betting that today's kids do too.
Todays kids aren't even allowed to be out after dark around here.. All the towns have a set time for trick or treating and it's all during daylight hours. If it's supposed to rain on Halloween they move it to an alternate day. There's a curfew for everybody under 18. No teenagers out after dark waxing windows, smashimg pumpkins, shave creaming and toilet papering the streets and sidewalks. It just isn't allowed. Halloween in the 21 st century is lame and the kids are little pansies.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M

Should Christians Celebrate Halloween?

Do you ever post anything worth a fock? It s seems like your constantly running a campaign to be the "post whore " of the year winner. Get a life
Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by NH K9
Originally Posted by auk1124
Originally Posted by Fireball2
This video is geared towards believers. Unbelievers can (and do) do anything they want. There are no rules.

As a believer, can anyone name something Godly about halloween?

Good question.

There's all kinds of old and new Testament prohibitions that God gives against the pagan rituals that Halloween is based upon.

Extortion
Fear
Darkness
Death
Satanism and the occult
Child sacrifices

A mother dressing up her little girl in a cute outfit and taking her around to friends and neighbors' houses to share in her joy and excitement at playing dress-up and receiving candy is not ungodly.

Kids aren't symbolically worshipping Satan when they dress up as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and eat Snickers bars.

I already addressed that in the video.
The children are not satanists. Of course kids like to pretend and play dress up. Why must parents refuse to learn what God thinks about it?
Kids are the innocent victims of crimes throughout the ages.
They were burned alive by the evil druids to the demons they worshiped. There's a very sinister foundation to Halloween that parents and grandparents on the forum should be aware of. It is still a serious satanic unholy day celebrated by Satanists, witches, and various occult religions. They take it seriously. Using a cultural practice that parents raised by gt traditions doesn't change that fact. The devil does everything he can to influence the young to change society. Christians should shape society with God's Word and Good News, Not the devil and his followers.

Arkansas State Capital idol of satan with children looking up to him.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ourney-to-the-arkansas-capitol-building/

How many people have been tortured and/or murdered in the name of Christianity?

Here's a half dozen torture methods used by the Spanish Inquisition:

https://historycollection.com/snap-crackle-pop-torture-methods-of-the-spanish-inquisition/4/

That's NOT Christianity.

The Inquisition was carried out by a pseudo"christian" sect that called itself THE Church. Jesus wasn't a part of that religion,some of whose officers carried out the torture of millions of peaceful true believers in Christ.
I saw the book describing such torture yesterday.
My friend asked me if I knew what it was. I did because a former friend, before I trusted my Lord, revealed that he was a satanist as I read from his library.
Like you, he also justified his religious views and animosity toward those So-called christians. That doesn't make you a satanist, but you use the same worn out argument to try to paint the Jesus' true followers to be those evil inquisitors of the Dark Ages.

Those individuals were just as certain that they were christian and doing God's work as you are.
They were probably right..........

That'll go right over his head.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by wabigoon
We are saved by Faith, works build a place in Heaven.

[Linked Image from c.tenor.com]

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Page 5 of 38 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 37 38

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

670 members (007FJ, 1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1936M71, 01Foreman400, 71 invisible), 3,186 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,585
Posts18,454,262
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.