L
Hunting at night , see tittie bar thread

GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Simple question. If so what sight do you use for the task?

Used too.
Pvs 14 and Peq2

Pvs 7 and Paq 4

Anpvs 4

Oh....

You meant hunting game animals...
😁😁😁

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Date and time are incorrect.

Big quality difference from rockinbbar but probably 1/2 the cost. I think it’s a good intro thermal if someone doesn’t want to jump right in for a high dollar scope. I’m not so sure I won’t sell this and upgrade after seeing the other videos. I shot a truck load of coons with it on a 22mag but never pulled the videos, unfortunately. The blood left enough of a visible trail that I could find the ones that managed to crawl away from where they were shot.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Rene I have a PVS14. Thought about throwing it on a 22 to do some coon shooting. The thermal is way better for hunting IMO.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by hunter4623
Rene I have a PVS14. Thought about throwing it on a 22 to do some coon shooting. The thermal is way better for hunting IMO.

You might be thinking of a Tas 9 therm scope or a variation of it???
Has 9 different reticles w/ storable zero for different cals and wpn systems

14,s I used were nods with a Rhino mount for your brain bucket plate
With a peq2 lasar mounted on a wpn.
You could burn a haji,s retina,s out with the blue blocker removed and war strength setting with a peq2.
When they start rubbing their eyes really hard after about 15 to 20 seconds, you know them cones and rods in their eyes are frying.
👍👍👍🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

7,s and paq 2
Skull crusher mount on your head under brain bucket for 7,s really sucked.

Then the old school anpvs 4 scope.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What tag allows shooting ungulates at night ?

I want one.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Nope a 14. I have the helmet mount but also a picatinny mount. Put it behind a NV compatible scope and it works pretty good. The bad part is you end up pointing the gun barrel as you scan.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Beaver10

I want one.

🦫

Let your local game commission or moral compass guide you beav cool The date and time are incorrect on the video. I’m technologically lazy when it comes to setting those when the batteries get removed and stored.

You’d probably be surprised at how many states have overlooked the use of thermal scopes in their game laws. They restrict the hours you can shoot but many don’t care or differentiate what scope you use.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Nope a 14. I have the helmet mount but also a picatinny mount. Put it behind a NV compatible scope and it works pretty good. The bad part is you end up pointing the gun barrel as you scan.

👍👍👍👍👍

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I want one.

🦫

Let your local game commission or moral compass guide you beav cool The date and time are incorrect on the video. I’m technologically lazy when it comes to setting those when the batteries get removed and stored.

You’d probably be surprised at how many states have overlooked the use of thermal scopes in their game laws. They restrict the hours you can shoot but many don’t care or differentiate what scope you use.

Moral compass ? Seemed like a fair question to ask when the thread is about using a scope designed for hunting at night, and you’re showing a doe being dumped through a scope at night.

I just wanted to know if there is a special tag that allows this type of hunting for ungulates.

The second part of your response about game regs not caring about the type of scope is used, makes sense. I didn’t know you could use a thermal scope in daylight.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Simple question. If so what sight do you use for the task?

I hunt predators and hogs at night.

I use HAWKE Vantage scopes with red or green illum crosshairs, and a kill light.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I want one.

🦫

Moral compass ? Seemed like a fair question to ask when the thread is about using a scope designed for hunting at night, and you’re showing a doe being dumped through a scope at night.

I just wanted to know if there is a special tag that allows this type of hunting for ungulates.

The second part of your response about game regs not caring about the type of scope is used, makes sense. I didn’t know you could use a thermal scope in daylight.

🦫

That video wasn’t in daylight.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SandBilly

I want one.

🦫

🦫

That video wasn’t in daylight.

Shocked 😳

LMAO

🦫

“Molon Labe”
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
That video was absolutely in daylight. Around 3 pm. I know because I was there.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
For whatever it might be worth, and the reason I posted the question is a friend who has a few cows and fair size piece of land. Some issues with hogs and major issues with ‘yotes killing calves.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I have done it some, but with "normal" scopes and a red spotlight. It worked, but I'd be looking at something more dedicated for serious nite' yote kill'n.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Here is a short vid using night vision. He was lucky as fox was not on the menu this eve. I was hunting for hogs, and had scattered corn. Foxes luv corn.

As mentioned before, night vision with an infra-red illuminator works well if you are not having to scan to pick up a running critter. Distance +/- 60 yds.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Just fer schitz n' giggles.......

The distance shown is not correct. The distance from the stand to the hoglets is +/-120 yds.

perforating porkers is my passion!

ya!

GWB

PS: Blondes always get poked first!

Last edited by geedubya; 10/24/21.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

707 members (12344mag, 1234, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 160user, 77 invisible), 3,090 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,267
Posts18,467,242
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.