Page 11 of 38 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 37 38
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by OldHat
Originally Posted by cv540
Depends how you define "Celebrate."

Quite a difference between carving a Jack O Lantern and seeing the grandkids in their costumes....

Or

Slaughtering a goat, smearing your body with blood and dancing around a fire under the moonlight singing praise to Pan.

That is a fair point. I don't think it is a sin to send the kids off to trick or treat.

On the other hand teaching them the truth from the beginning and not hiding what is really going on is also not good at all. Once people know and believe what is really going on I find people who love the Lord Jesus Christ naturally want to disassociate from such a horrid holiday.

Do you teach your kids that Christmas was originally a pagan holiday? Do you want christians to disassociate from it too?

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Also, just because the catholic religion co-opted a pagan holiday does not mean Halloween has absolutely any Christian association.

"OldHat is so stupid"

"HOW STUPID IS HE?"

"OldHat is so stupid every All Hallows Eve instead of candy he gives out [BLANK]."
Papists are the Devil leaflets.

And Jesus was a whoremonger.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cv540
Depends how you define "Celebrate."

Quite a difference between carving a Jack O Lantern and seeing the grandkids in their costumes....

Or

Slaughtering a goat, smearing your body with blood and dancing around a fire under the moonlight singing praise to Pan.

That is a fair point. I don't think it is a sin to send the kids off to trick or treat.

On the other hand teaching them the truth from the beginning and not hiding what is really going on is also not good at all. Once people know and believe what is really going on I find people who love the Lord Jesus Christ naturally want to disassociate from such a horrid holiday.

Hat, most people can’t tell you how many States there are in the US. You worrying about, or thinking parents should be teaching their kids what and where Halloween originated from is incredibly short sighted today. Hell, it was short sighted 30 years ago.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NH K9
Lord please save me from your ‘followers’………
Not pertaining to any individual person or persons here on this board specifically, I believe you make a very good point above sir. Some followers of Jesus choose not to ‘belong’ to a hostile and quarrelsome, disputatious and deservedly infamous group.

A lotta people have quit being a ‘Christian.’ They’re out. They remain committed to Jesus but not to being ‘Christian’ or to being part of organized Christianity. Their faith in Jesus is still central to their lives, and being an optimistic believer in a universe created and sustained by a loving God is crucial to them. But following Jesus does not mean following His followers. Jesus is infinitely more important than Christianity and always will be, no matter what Christianity is, has been, or might become. Their commitment to Jesus remains at the heart and center of their lives, and transformation in Him is ongoing and radical. Some simply feel called to be an outsider for Him, to step away from the words “Christian” and “Christianity,” it’s something that their conscience pretty much demands of them.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Like everything else you retards get involved in, you have fugged up spirituality as well.

Thats the kind of stuff God hates.

What do you believe about spirituality?

What I have found is that the vast majority of people on the internet will not say what they believe about spirituality because they know it will not hold up under scrutiny.

Do you really think that other's spirituality is any of your business? Who appointed you as the arbiter of "true spirituality?"

Who made you the judge of "the vast majority of people on the internet?"

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smokepole

Like everything else you retards get involved in, you have fugged up spirituality as well.

Thats the kind of stuff God hates.

What do you believe about spirituality?

What I have found is that the vast majority of people on the internet will not say what they believe about spirituality because they know it will not hold up under scrutiny.

Do you really think that other's spirituality is any of your business? Who appointed you as the arbiter of "true spirituality?"

Who made you the judge of "the vast majority of people on the internet?"

These questions, if asked of me, always find me asking the person “What is their favorite sexual position?”

Seems only fair ~ one personal question deserves another.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by auk1124
Do you teach your kids that Christmas was originally a pagan holiday?

We always do Christmas, but the kids were taught it's origins.

https://www.history.com/topics/ancient-rome/saturnalia#:~:text=Saturnalia%2C%20held%20in%20mid%2DDecember,we%20now%20associate%20with%20Christmas.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by renegade50
😬😬😬🥴🥴🥴🤪🤪🤪🤣🤣🤣

What are your spiritual beliefs?

I believe in God.
The only Higher power.....

And not what others think I should beleive per their own beliefs...

And I don't believe in all the spin off series branches of christianity, nor the various bibles man has, created, cut, copied, added too, or deleted thruout the centuries to suit his own purposes or too create his own branches of christianity.

Usually done by those of influence seeking power or Benjamins for ages....

That answer your question????

Next!!!!!

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Halloween is of Christian origin, so why wouldn't Christians celebrate it?

This from wiki .......... It's pagan.
Halloween or Hallowe'en (a contraction of "All Hallows' evening"),[5] also known as Allhalloween,[6] All Hallows' Eve,[7] or All Saints' Eve,[8] is a celebration observed in many countries on 31 October, the eve of the Western Christian feast of All Hallows' Day. It begins the observance of Allhallowtide,[9] the time in the liturgical year dedicated to remembering the dead, including saints (hallows), martyrs, and all the departed.[10][11]

One theory holds that many Halloween traditions were influenced by Celtic harvest festivals, particularly the Gaelic festival Samhain, which are believed to have pagan roots;[12][13][14][15] some go further and suggest that Samhain may have been Christianized as All Hallow's Day, along with its eve, by the early Church.[16] Other academics believe Halloween began solely as a Christian holiday, being the vigil of All Hallow's Day.[17][18][19][20] Celebrated in Ireland and Scotland, in the 19th century, Irish and Scottish migrants brought many Halloween customs to North America,[21][22] and then through American influence, Halloween spread to many other countries by the 21st century.[23][24]

How did you derive that it's pagan from that excerpt?

By not reading it?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by antlers
Lord please save me from your ‘followers’………
Not pertaining to any individual person or persons here on this board specifically, I believe you make a very good point above sir. Some followers of Jesus choose not to ‘belong’ to a hostile and quarrelsome, disputatious and deservedly infamous group.

A lotta people have quit being a ‘Christian.’ They’re out. They remain committed to Jesus but not to being ‘Christian’ or to being part of organized Christianity. Their faith in Jesus is still central to their lives, and being an optimistic believer in a universe created and sustained by a loving God is crucial to them. But following Jesus does not mean following His followers. Jesus is infinitely more important than Christianity and always will be, no matter what Christianity is, has been, or might become. Their commitment to Jesus remains at the heart and center of their lives, and transformation in Him is ongoing and radical. Some simply feel called to be an outsider for Him, to step away from the words “Christian” and “Christianity,” it’s something that their conscience pretty much demands of them.

You got it………others don’t/won’t see it.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
😬😬😬🥴🥴🥴🤪🤪🤪🤣🤣🤣

What are your spiritual beliefs?

I believe in God.
The only Higher power.....

And not what others think I should beleive per their own beliefs...

And I don't believe in all the spin off series branches of christianity, nor the various bibles man has, created, cut, copied, added too, or deleted thruout the centuries to suit his own purposes or too create his own branches of christianity.

Usually done by those of influence seeking power or Benjamins for ages....

That answer your question????

Next!!!!!

I’ll go with this answer as well.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I know if it was back in the day of me and my buds out trick or treating .

We woulda egged the fhuq outta some of you alls houses (or trailer)

🖕🖕🖕👍👍👍👍🤣🤣🤣🤣

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I know if it was back in the day of me and my buds out trick or treating .

We woulda egged the fhuq outta some of you alls houses (or trailer)

🖕🖕🖕👍👍👍👍🤣🤣🤣🤣

Those weren't eggs, they were Satan seeds

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Originally Posted by Raferman
Careful Jim he'll cast a hex on you.

You two already put a terrible curse on your lives by rejecting the ONLY means of salvation linked in my signature below.

Jesus, Almighty God Himself, said,

"He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

John 3

You are no Christian. Christianity isn't a HOA, and your ad revenue is not going to buy your treacherous ass into heaven.

It's easy for a Reprobate to lie like this. /\
I have gained absolutely absolutely No revenue from this forum although anybody that deals with you deserves much payment for their trouble. My gospel IS FREE and based on the meritless kindness that God has to offer. It cost Him His life and you have fought against His proclamation of this since I joined the Campfire. FAITH IN THE SAVIOR, NOT YOUR WORTHLESS "GOOD" WORKS IS THE RIGHT RESPONSE.

BTW It's pronounced KAMP, Not kramp fire unless you have a speech impediment.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 10/25/21.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Happy, choosing between big Jim and you is no contest.

Why didn't you ever answer my question about "your" video that you posted?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Also, just because the catholic religion co-opted a pagan holiday does not mean Halloween has absolutely any Christian association.

"OldHat is so stupid"

"HOW STUPID IS HE?"

"OldHat is so stupid every All Hallows Eve instead of candy he gives out [BLANK]."
Papists are the Devil leaflets.

And Jesus was a whoremonger.

II Timothy 3

"This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God"

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N

You two already put a terrible curse on your lives by rejecting the ONLY means of salvation linked in my signature below.

"He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

John 3

You are no Christian. Christianity isn't a HOA, and your ad revenue is not going to buy your treacherous ass into heaven.

I have gained absolutely absolutely No revenue from this forum although anybody that deals with you deserves much payment for their trouble. My gospel if free and based on the meritless kindness that God has to offer. It cost Him His life and you have fought against His proclamation of this since I joined the Campfire. It's pronounced KAMP, Not kramp fire unless you have a speech impediment.

So, is that ‘your’ video or not?
You’ve ducked that question a few times and your OP doesn’t take ownership.
Lies by omission………..

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Should Christians Celebrate Halloween?

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fireball2
This video is geared towards believers. Unbelievers can (and do) do anything they want. There are no rules.

As a believer, can anyone name something Godly about halloween?

Good question.

There's all kinds of old and new Testament prohibitions that God gives against the pagan rituals that Halloween is based upon.

Extortion
Fear of devils
Darkness
Death
Satanism and the occult
Child sacrifices

According to the Bible, you and Wabigoon are smarter than those who despise wisdom and instruction from God's Word.

Proverb 1

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction."

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

John 3

I have gained absolutely absolutely No revenue from this forum although anybody that deals with you deserves much payment for their trouble. My gospel if free and based on the meritless kindness that God has to offer. It cost Him His life and you have fought against His proclamation of this since I joined the Campfire. It's pronounced KAMP, Not kramp fire unless you have a speech impediment.

So, is that ‘your’ video or not?
You’ve ducked that question a few times and your OP doesn’t take ownership.
Lies by omission………..

He is a false prophet.

I am MAGA.
Page 11 of 38 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 37 38

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

141 members (257 mag, 280ACKIMP, 44mc, 35, 6mmCreedmoor, 338rcm, 15 invisible), 1,292 guests, and 837 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,223
Posts18,447,517
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.