Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by las

Whether those 45 degree holes were mis-machined or deliberate as a governor, I have no idea.

"Restrictor" plate to limit HP, just like NASCAR . . .

GB1

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
To be fair, ethanol gas makes it a lot more work to keep small engines running nowadays.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
So yesterday my neighbor a 35ish married dude with two kids is busy attempting to start his pressure washer.... with no success whatsoever. After 30 minutes or so of watching the effort, I cautiously approached so not to frighten him.

I asked if I could assist and he looked relieved with the offer. I started with, When was the last time the engine run? Last year. Did you change the fuel from last year? Does fuel go bad he asked, so no, old fuel. I automatically assumed no stabilizer, no winterization, and probably the same oil and sparkplug from conception.

Apparently no one ever bothered to explain this nor had he ever bothered to read the operator manual. So I spent an hour changing the oil, cleaning the air filter, replacing the spark plug, draining and changing the fuel to fresh, non-ethanol fuel (had to explain all that to him). Three pulls and the engine springs to life to fight another day. Since he only uses it once a year, I will go over this weekend and show him how to winterize a small engine.

What is with this generation that no one seems to understand mechanical things? I suppose with electronic everything these days, the basic mechanical gene has been bred out of them.

The Helpless Generation crazy

Official curmudgeon status now!

You didn't go Clint Eastwood and call him a zipperhead did you???

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by smallfry
He probably was just about to throw it away and buy a new one with better reviews.

Bob Vela review are the best...

I almost bought Milwaukee, but Bob Vila said Ryobi was much better... what a genius he is.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Yeah because when I was growing up everybody’s dad was whiz with small engines.

LOL

Give me a break.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Been my experience, too, that sometimes those more mechanically astute can overthink a mechanical issue when in fact it was really something basic and would've been a quick, simple fix.

Seen that happen more than once.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

676 members (1234, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 160user, 10gaugemag, 67 invisible), 3,069 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,264
Posts18,467,183
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.