24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
It seems S&W did a job on T/C. I understand they bought T/C some years ago, shut down their factory, moved production to MA, then stopped T/C production, Now they're selling off the T/C name. I guess a name is all there is since there is no facility in which to resume production. Apparently this is old news, but I really just learned all this a few months ago when I was looking for a new T/C to replace my T/C Black Diamond. No place had new T/Cs and I've gotten several notices form sellers that T/Cs are no longer produced.

I've perused the net for news but the above is all I can come up with. Does anyone know anything else? Is there any encouraging news on T/C? Or is this going to be another good gun company destroyed by an owner who has lost interest?

Last edited by 10Glocks; 10/21/21.
BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think the sidelock facility burned to the ground as I recall. About 2 years ago I wanted to buy a new Encore barrel for one I had that had a bulge in the barrel, or at least a different diameter. So the rep said send it in, and they sent me a brand new one. Lucky I got the in before they went belly up.
I guess there is always a need to buy up a name, or at least it seems that way. I think they could be competitive with pedersoli, if they extended the models a bit.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The name is worth a short term fortune.

Allow one of the POS manufacturers to buy the name.
Maybe they will knockoff the old products, maybe not.

"The New Thompson Center" will sell a bunch of cheap stuff at
much higher than deserved prices. Untill the whole brand is destroyed.

Not they were ever a premium line, just the best, big one, in the niche.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
I ordered an owners manual from the T/C website. I received it in the mail, from S&W.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
It seems S&W did a job on T/C. I understand they bought T/C some years ago, shut down their factory, moved production to MA, then stopped T/C production, Now they're selling off the T/C name. I guess a name is all there is since there is no facility in which to resume production. Apparently this is old news, but I really just learned all this a few months ago when I was looking for a new T/C to replace my T/C Black Diamond. No place had new T/Cs and I've gotten several notices form sellers that T/Cs are no longer produced.

I've perused the net for news but the above is all I can come up with. Does anyone know anything else? Is there any encouraging news on T/C? Or is this going to be another good gun company destroyed by an owner who has lost interest?

Why would you want to replace your Black Diamond? They are great muzzleloaders. I sure like mine.

IC B2

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
[quote=wilkeshunter

Why would you want to replace your Black Diamond? They are great muzzleloaders. I sure like mine.
[/quote]

The Black Diamond was 1/2 way between the new in lines and old cap locks. Pain to remove the rear cap and bolt to clean and you can't use H 209 in them.They did shoot good though.
Here was mine that I made a wood stock for. It killed a few elk. I sold it to a guy back east.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I see no reason for anyone to pay for that name now. There are too many alternatives now to both their “traditional” and modern lines. S&W should have let the company be.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter

Because I gave it to my son.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I'll forgo the removable breech to keep using this TC Thunderhawk.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

FJB & FJT
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
When they were made in New Hampshire they were better than most others IMO. My first muzzloader was a CVA. POS at the time. After a couple misfires on game I bought a 50 cal Hawken. Wish I kept it but it was kind of gaudy like a 700 BDL at the time. So I traded it for a 54 cal Rengade. I have an Omega now. You could always get good money on a trade with them or a straight sale.

Affordable Sportfishing Charters and Cruises out of Noank CT - https://www.rowdygirlcharters.com/
IC B3

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I'm with you Bill as I still have my .54 Renegade and Omega. They both work fine and are a hoot to shoot. It really is too bad TC could not keep it going. However a TC was not my 1st muzzy. I had a .45 Esopus swivel breech, which I also still have. .440 patched round ball. My 1st muzzy deer was with it.
Have a great day.
Jim

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I still have my Silver Elite

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I wish somebody would get them going again. It would be nice to have another major player in the muzzleloader world especially if they would be 100% USA made/manufactured with 100% USA made parts.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
I wish somebody would get them going again. It would be nice to have another major player in the muzzleloader world especially if they would be 100% USA made/manufactured with 100% USA made parts.

Knights are exactly that.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

Knights are exactly that.

Yep but I hate to be limited to 1 factory production option.

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 10/30/21.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I really hope someone buys the company, but I don’t see it happening. 😔

“One thorn of experience is worth a whole wilderness of warning.” - James Russell Lowell

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
718 members (16penny, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1234, 10gaugemag, 160user, 63 invisible), 3,149 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,745
Posts18,401,279
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.