Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Yes they try to make you feel like crap.

I have lost the taste of salt some,things just don't taste salty enough now.

But that's ok because they have said that to much salt might make you feel bad. grin

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Wife and I had it over Labor Day weekend. Fully recovered. I can say the worst part of it was making me feel tired.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I talked to a guy.on a hiking trail who had had it. Upscale Mexican National looked to be about 50. Said he’d been hospitalized with it but that his wife had suffered only mild symptoms.

IIRC had was about two months post-episode, said he was still short of breath. Also reported symptoms like you, said anything with alcohol in it tasted rancid.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I work for a fairly large organization, close to 1000 employees. New covid policies come out weekly. It's some really arbitrary crap. Stuff like how you have to quarantine so many days if you've been exposed so many minutes.

The funniest part is that my little group of15 people are exempt from the policy.

Why? Because no one can temporarily replace us and overtime would go through the roof.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Yep, some guys I know that have had it, have some bad lung/ breathing complications.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by ltppowell

The funniest part is that my little group of15 people are exempt from the policy.

Why? Because no one can temporarily replace us and overtime would go through the roof.

That is priceless...

Essential Workers MUST BE PROTECTED by being exempted from the Company's very own Life and Safety Mandates.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Seriously. Please don't tell us about how it's all bullshit. We get it...it's a political football.

I had it a year ago this month. As far as I can tell, the biggest changes are in my taste. Some stuff I used to like tastes foul and some things I didn't like taste good. Have any of you experienced changes in your taste?

Yes. But slowly my taste is returning to normal.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Posted in this thread earlier and had not had it yet. Caught it in late august, not long after posting about my fear of losing taste and/or smell (Executive Chef). Yep, lost smell and taste entirely for over a week. Taste starting coming back first and then smell. Slowly. Little by little. I was only out of work for a couple
Days because my other symptoms were so mild. No fever. A little runny nose. Kind of tired and aching but in my line of work at 50 I always feel like that. The sensory loss sucked and was very startling. Couldn’t taste how to season the food I was preparing, not good. Oh well, I got it back pretty fully after about two weeks. Nothing tastes different or ‘off’ or other than it should now, but, my sense of smell is only maybe 85 or 90% of what it once was. Enough to notice.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I will have to post after Wednesday.. I have never had a test, but required now because I am going under anesthesia Friday for a heart procedure.

Bummer because I have deer hunt that was suppose to start Saturday and almost everyone on the farm where I would be hunting has or had Covid.

As bad a my lungs feel and the continual pain from arthritis,I doubt I could tell if I had it or not

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
IC B3

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

616 members (007FJ, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 1234, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 56 invisible), 1,997 guests, and 1,084 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,190
Posts18,465,790
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.