Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Who's got one and how do you like it?

Don't have a large cap 9mm, and not necessarily interested in carrying it EDC, either.

Just a good shooting HD/SD/Range pistol.

... for the children.

8>)

GR

BP-B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I've got essentially the same model, to include the decock only feature. The main difference seems to be that mine has the accessory rail. I love it, except for the trigger slap issue.

I can shoot it real well. It carries well. Feels great in the hand. It's super reliable. But you can't shoot more than a few mags full without getting a badly bruised trigger finger pad.

Certain models of semi-auto guns are more prone to having the issue than others. Sadly, it's a somewhat common issue with CZ-75 variants (particularly the compacts, for some reason). I lost the lottery and got one with that issue.

Trigger Slap: A painful, rapid, fore/aft pulse in the trigger itself during the reset stage.

Here's mine. Off the chart cool. If only it didn't have the trigger slap issue, it would be one of my favorite semi auto pistols.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
No help for the compacts as yet, but the Omega trigger seems to have corrected the slap issue. Had a 75B .40 some time back, and it was a problem, so I sold it. Took me a while to figure out exactly what was happening, but it’s definitely fatiguing. Hopefully, they’ll offer that option on more models in the future.

My Omega Convertible is a peach.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
I bought mine in 2003. I have yet to find a better, more ergonomical, accurate or durable pistol for CCW. Thousands of rounds, with no failures or issues. It fits the hand perfectly, points correctly, and has a good trigger.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
If only it didn't have the trigger slap issue, it would be one of my favorite semi auto pistols.

Check out the Cajun Gunworks triggers. This one is claimed to address trigger bite, nothing about slap though:

https://cajungunworks.com/product/75585-85c-old-style-trigger/

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RufusG
If only it didn't have the trigger slap issue, it would be one of my favorite semi auto pistols.

Check out the Cajun Gunworks triggers. This one is claimed to address trigger bite, nothing about slap though:

https://cajungunworks.com/product/75585-85c-old-style-trigger/

I don't know what trigger bite is, but perhaps that's their term for trigger slap.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

I don't know what trigger bite is, but perhaps that's their term for trigger slap.

My impression is that trigger bite involves momentarily catching your finger between the tip of the trigger and the guard under recoil/reset, That sounds different than slap, but I don't know for sure that they're not more or less the same thing.

Last edited by RufusG; 10/23/21.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I bought mine in 2003. I have yet to find a better, more ergonomical, accurate or durable pistol for CCW. Thousands of rounds, with no failures or issues. It fits the hand perfectly, points correctly, and has a good trigger.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Mannlicher, does the lack of am ambi decocker cause you any issues? I too am left-handed.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
You don’t need an ambi. You can easily use the thumb on your left hand to operate it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That trigger slap on my 75D PCR was getting to me too during its 500 round break in period. Not a single jam so far, but I did send mine off to CGW for their Pro Package which fixed the trigger issue. After Sam told me about adding those Dawson fiber optic sights, I had Cajun add those too which improved it even more. I've always liked a visible hammer handgun and the lighter weight of the 75D PCR alloy frame was a plus for me over their steel frame 75's. I've had bigger and smaller handguns, but that PCR just strikes a perfect balance of being enough without being too much and its usually the one that goes along with me. A little tough to find one, but UPS goes everywhere to your local FFL.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Windfall
That trigger slap on my 75D PCR was getting to me too during its 500 round break in period. Not a single jam so far, but I did send mine off to CGW for their Pro Package which fixed the trigger issue. After Sam told me about adding those Dawson fiber optic sights, I had Cajun add those too which improved it even more. I've always liked a visible hammer handgun and the lighter weight of the 75D PCR alloy frame was a plus for me over their steel frame 75's. I've had bigger and smaller handguns, but that PCR just strikes a perfect balance of being enough without being too much and its usually the one that goes along with me. A little tough to find one, but UPS goes everywhere to your local FFL.

Damn! $500.00 to get rid of trigger slap? That's about what the gun cost. If it were $100.00, I might consider it.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks y'all.

Put a dinger on my local Sportsman's for when they come back in stock.

You don’t need an ambi. You can easily use the thumb on your left hand to operate it.

This is good, as I know a Lefty who was lookin' at one as well.

Thanks.

GR

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The_Real_Hawkeye, I know, I know, but it probably doesn't need to be an all or nothing on your PCR trigger. CGW does sell that reduced power music wire return spring RP-TRS, or the shorter reset part, or the smoother straighter trigger as separate items that you or a gunsmith could replace locally. I'm a little ambivalent about that CGW race hammer and if I was doing it again, I'd opt for the ring hammer more like the stock hammer.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I've got essentially the same model, to include the decock only feature. The main difference seems to be that mine has the accessory rail. I love it, except for the trigger slap issue.

I can shoot it real well. It carries well. Feels great in the hand. It's super reliable. But you can't shoot more than a few mags full without getting a badly bruised trigger finger pad.

Certain models of semi-auto guns are more prone to having the issue than others. Sadly, it's a somewhat common issue with CZ-75 variants (particularly the compacts, for some reason). I lost the lottery and got one with that issue.

Trigger Slap: A painful, rapid, fore/aft pulse in the trigger itself during the reset stage.

Here's mine. Off the chart cool. If only it didn't have the trigger slap issue, it would be one of my favorite semi auto pistols.

[Linked Image]

Isn't that the P01? I have the same pistol but mine came with rubber grips. I guess I haven't shot enough continuous rounds through it to notice the trigger slap.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Some have it and some don’t.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Love my PCR. I shoot it very well, it feels great and to the point, if I could only have one pistol…..

V
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
V
I carry my PCR more than any other of my 8 handguns.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
My son has one and loves it, he sent it to Cajun Gun Works for a trigger job. The trigger is excellent and it's a very well made pistol.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ar15a292f
My son has one and loves it, he sent it to Cajun Gun Works for a trigger job. The trigger is excellent and it's a very well made pistol.

If you bought SDP instead you would not have needed a trigger job. I learned long ago, buying better quality for little more saves money long-term.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I had a P01 and a PCR. Both great handguns ergonomicly that were very uncomfortable to shoot due to trigger slap. If the triggers didn’t suck, I’d own one still.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
532 members (10gaugeman, 1badf350, 1lessdog, 160user, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 48 invisible), 2,561 guests, and 1,147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,733
Posts18,401,021
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.