Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Terryk Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
We used serestro collars on our 3 labs. One of the labs got sick a few days from the Frontline oil on her back, but we felt it was better than the ticks.
When she got older the seresto collar seemed to make he sick, so we stopped here forest walks, and discontinued the frontline and the seresto. She was too old to hike anyway.
All three labs passed of other causes over the last year, so I just got a rescue lab that will be 2 on Christmas. So we have a sealed seresto collar, and it seems vets say the alergy thing is overblown.
So maybe you guys have been following the Seresto saga more, and have an opinion on how to keep my dog safe from ticks. Ticks are thick here in the forest.

GB1

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P

I zip tie a Spectra Shield Medallion to my dogs collars. Been using them for years - no ticks or adverse effects.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I use the Sorestro collar on my two dogs. They work really good. However... You need to make sure you have a real one... they make a large amount of counterfeit Sorestro collars... If you look on the internet there are several places that can show you what to look for in the fake collars.

Well... we have come to the point.... where... the parasites are killing the host. It's only a matter of time now.

They only win.... when they cheat.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
^^^THIS^^^

Back when we were buying from Amazon, we got a fake Seresto collar from them. It was stocked and sold by Amazon, not a third party seller. We called Seresto when we were suspicious that the tin was missing its plastic seal. Each tin is serial numbered. The whole thing was a fake. Seresto sent us out a replacement collar anyway. It was nice of them.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The Veterinarian...who hunts....if home or at the office will fit me in anytime, night or day if after a phone call thinks it is an emergency. Gave me his personal cell phone if needed. What do I get from Amazon other than next day delivery and perhaps a fake?

From the Vet...$60 with a $15 rebate coupon. They last for 6 months

Last edited by battue; 09/13/21.

laissez les bons temps rouler
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've used the Seresto collars off and on over the years on my shorthairs. The only reason I don't currently have them on is because my youngest is a chewer and will destroy a $50 collar that is on his dad in a matter of days. Currently using a once a month pill, can't remember the name, but it works good. My vet is a childhood friend of a a good friend of mine, we've hunted together out of state. He said he likes the Seresto collars himself, but he too has a young setter that destroys them on his older dogs so he isn't using them at the moment.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I’ve used the Seresto collars on my last 2 dogs and really like them. A fake, though, can be very harmful to the dog so be carefully to buy directly from a vet or reliable source. A Google search can lead to info. on how to tell fake from real. I cheaped-out once and bought on eBay. Luckily I realized it was fake by the markings on the collar before using it on the dog.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by mikieb
I use the Sorestro collar on my two dogs. They work really good. However... You need to make sure you have a real one... they make a large amount of counterfeit Sorestro collars... If you look on the internet there are several places that can show you what to look for in the fake collars.

I bought a couple of fakes off ebay....only way I knew they were fake was because my dogs got fleas. I always keep one of the cans and write the date on it so I can keep up with when it's time to change the collar. I called Sorestro and they identified it as fake from the numbers on the can and the markings on the collars.

Sorestro told me the only way to be sure you get the real collar is to buy from a place like Petco or Petsmart because Sorestro only sells to big companies.

Only deals on Sorestro collars are on fake collars.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (1minute, 1moredeer, 1234, 1OntarioJim, 10ring1, 160user, 64 invisible), 2,129 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,105
Posts18,464,217
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.