Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Originally Posted by slumlord
Had a previous pastor

Was against Halloween...

But was ok with having an Easter egg hunt on church property. I called him out on that one. lol
He was sputtering like Sylvestor the cat.

Pastors should know better. Christians commonly celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ often throughout the year. Many set aside Easter on the calendar for recognizing the same resurrection following the sacrifice.
To accommodate the pagan influence of fertility worship or practices is wrong. Hide and seek of children and prizes any other time of year just for fun and not as a pagan practice is one thing.
But I don't think the Lord is pleased with us teaching children fertility games like the heathens.

Deuteronomy 11:28
"And a curse, if ye will not obey the commandments of the LORD your God, but turn aside out of the way which I command you this day, to go after other gods, which ye have not known."

18:9,10
"When thou art come into the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations.
There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch...",

Do you even know the origin and the true meaning of Samhaim, commonly known as All Saints Day, All Hallows Day, and the Feast of All Saints. Do you know what happens on that day? Obviously you don't, but as usual, the Church Religious propaganda pushers spew their ignorance in some kind of proclomation and call it Christian truth. But oh boy, when Christmas gets here they are all about Winter Solstice with some of them knowing it was not the birth of Christ. Sad, so so sad.
You are wrong about the origin. The origin of Samhain is Gaelic festival for the harvest and has to do with pagan Celtic festivals. In the 9th century the Irish who observed. The Church had shifted the date of All Saints' Day to 1 November, while 2 November later became All Souls' Day. Over time, it is believed that Samhain and All Saints'/All Souls' influenced each other, and eventually syncretised into the modern Halloween.Folklorists have used the name 'Samhain' to refer to Gaelic 'Halloween' customs up until the 19th century. Since the later 20th century, Celtic neopagans and Wiccans have observed Samhain, or something based on it, as a religious holiday. This is similar to Christmas which Constantine inserted into a pagan festival also. It is apparent that if the shepard's were watching their flocks by night as the story informs us of, that they would not be in the open fields during the coldest time of the year. They would be tending the flock in an enclosure at home.

Well, you got it about half right, but a half of truth is a lie. What you described is nothing more than Wikipedia and church doctine.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Is it ok to buy the Halloween candy for 1/2 off, the day after Halloween?

#askingforafriend

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Ruger4Life
It’s incredible how the evil b-stards NEVER stop hating, persecuting, and ridiculing Christians that speak out about their beliefs; but pretend to be “objective” or “logical”!! LMAO! How can anyone be so full of hate, and yet so clueless? No, it’s not funny. I truly pity you wretched human beings. It must be miserable to be you

The irony of the most hate-filled post on this thread is obviously lost on you.

Which is anything but surprising.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by smokepole
I was wondering when the victim card would be played. Surprised it took this long.

Happy doesn't get ridiculed because he's Christian.

You troll villagers have some dance skills and are welcome in the Navy, but NOT the Christian threads.

It's an open forum happy. You don't get to choose who replies to your posts, or what they say.

Been that way long before you and your "Christian" friend ruger graced us with your presence and messages of hope and love.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by Raferman
Ruger4life eat a dick. In another thread you ridiculed a man for spending his money how he chose.
#hypocrite

Yup, and he as not been back there to defend his cowardly comments.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
IC B2

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by antlers
I listened to a debate and came away with the idea that he did not believe in the deity of Christ. What do you think about that?
He did later become an agnostic after struggling with the philosophical problems of pain and evil and suffering in the world.

It’s not uncommon for people to struggle with that, nor is it uncommon for some Christians to experience a deconversion because of their inability to resolve a good and loving God with the pain and evil and suffering in the world; they end up walking away from the faith.

Nowadays he says that he continues to be attracted to the teachings of Jesus. He says Jesus' teachings of love and mercy and forgiveness really should dominate our lives, and that it really is better to love your neighbor as yourself. On the personal level, he says he agrees with many of the ethical teachings of Jesus, and he tries to model his life on them, even though he’s agnostic now due to his deconversion.

The failing of the church is selling conversions as a shield of God against worldly suffering, earthly rewards for faith.

Man had it wrong so Jesus came to set the correct example, he didn't come cause man was doing it right... and then man almost immediately started down the path of doing it wrong again.

Jesus came to show how unimportant worldly suffering, hardship, persecution, torture, physical death are, compared to faith and spiritual resurrection. What God can give us here is the will to endure and the strength of fearlessness, spiritual peace/relief regardless of pain/suffering/persecution.

Jesus' church is lead through the Holy Spirit, not a pulpit, not some man's words, not a confined in a book.

God left man here on earth with free will, individual man and man as a whole, the chit that happens to us here isn't on God nor will he save you, it's on man and self inflicted.

Kent

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Ruger4Life
And the mocking and ridicule of Christians goes on…and on..

Be interesting to see which side they come down on when it comes down to the nut cutting. My bet is they will come down against Trump, Washington, Jefferson and Christianity and side with Zero, Biden, Piglosi, Allah and Muhammad Ali.

Hmmmm….That Jefferson fellow liked to diddle his slaves….and spend more than he made.

What is your stand on owning slaves, extracurricular diddling of same and overspending?

Did Ali own slaves, diddle them and die broke?

Last edited by battue; 10/26/21.

laissez les bons temps rouler
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

#askingforafriend

A-ok..

The Lord loves a bargain.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Thriftiness is next to Godliness...

Kent

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
LOL....
Sockpuppet troll coming to the "rescue" of another sockpuppet troll.

How coincidental....
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🥴🥴🥴🤣🤣🤣

How much more obvious can it be...
🥴🥴🥴🤪🤪🤪😄😄😄😄🤣🤣🤣👍👍👍🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by auk1124

#askingforafriend

A-ok..

The Lord loves a bargain.

Only as long as it isn’t wrapped in anything Halloweenish. No ghosts, skeletons, witches, pumpkins, etc, etc….

laissez les bons temps rouler
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

#askingforafriend

I'd go for it.
Jesus saves. Why shouldn't you?

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I got one of them big ole 20 buck bags of snickers, milky ways, and kit kats.
200 candy bars👍👍👍👍👍
Might get 10 to 12 kids sunday night for Halloween.
No one really sees our subdivision from the bypass.
50 some odd homes.

Older demographics than what it was back in 2001.

Anyways.
Give out 6, 7, 8 candy bars to each kid.
Big ole handful.
Let em grab some more.

I'm not stingy or on a Special kitty dinner plan....

Rest will go in the day pack for Nov deer hunting chubby treats.

Kinda miss my 3 daughters growing up when they would go thru their bags and put aside the candy they didnt like.

Give it to dad.
Dad will eat anything.
Except for smarties.
I hate smarties..

Low budget mofo,s give out smarties.

Smarties suck....

Mutha fugga shoulda stayed in England and not polluted our Halloween in the USA with his low budget garbage candy that mostly winds up being dumped outta kids bags and trick or treat pumpkin buckets into the trash a couple of weeks later...

The untold truth is smarties suck.......
And cheap azz fuggs give em out on Halloween for the most part.

Last edited by renegade50; 10/26/21.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Smarties need to be on the campfire boycott list.
# 1.........
😄😄😄

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
If I was a kid out on Debil worshippers night.
The last candy I would want to take to Hades with me would be smarties...
Even the Debil hates smartie I bet....

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by battue
Christians get more than a little tired of the preacher making everyday Sunday, and being told the are going to hell because they may question parts of the serman...

There are more than a few who are saved, know they are sinners and don't need it shoved into their face on a daily basis by the HC's of the world who think they have all the answers..

HC started slow and with time and posts, eventually reached the point he had to make the majority of his posts related to his "ministry". He even added a few shooting posts, thinking it would make him more readily accepted....All so obvious.....

Amen to that, Brother Battue.

No kidding.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've never seen such suffering as displayed in this thread.
#SelflessHeroes

Last edited by 280shooter; 10/26/21.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
My grandma, bless her heart, wasn't cheap but never really understood trick or treating. She would always give us a banana and a returnable bottle of RC cola. 😁

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by renegade50
If I was a kid out on Debil worshippers night.
The last candy I would want to take to Hades with me would be smarties...
Even the Debil hates smartie I bet....

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Cannot stand those smarties things.

JMHO, but If you don't want to spend a couple extra bucks on Butterfingers, Snickers, Hershey's Kisses, Milky Ways, Reese's Butter Cups, Nestle's Crunch Bars or the like, just turn the lights out and hide. smile

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Page 20 of 38 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 37 38

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

118 members (7x57Hunter, 44mc, 10Glocks, 7887mm08, 808outdoors, 21, 13 invisible), 1,618 guests, and 727 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,688
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.