Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
If the vaccines which are not really vaccines are so good for everyone, then why are all the employees of Phizer, J&J, Moderna & Astra Zeneca, along with all the WH staff not vaccinated?

What is their reluctance & resistance? Why do they not have a company mandate?

Haven't heard a single word in any attempt to answer those simple & logical questions.

MM

Rhetorical right.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
BP-B2

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Riverc
I will listen to healthcare professionals who refuse the shot, not the media, Fauci, Biden or brainwashed healthcare dummies.

Lot of those around.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CashisKing

Going to be fascinating how the bid/cost to .GOV shakes out. I suspect bids will be coming in at 200% and 300% over normal... we will see.

Replace a sidewalk and wire a few new bollards... "OK... that will be $788,000 please".

No problem, Bro.....................Ol'e Joe & Nanny Nanci just pass the costs on to Joe Taxpayer, dontcha know.

That well has no bottom. LOL

MM

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I've gotten the Pfizer vaccine and the booster shot. These vaccines are genetics based and are not inoculations in the classic, smallpox sense of the word. Just because someone is a "Health care professional" doesn't mean they know the difference between and antigen and an antibody. If you choose to forgo the vaccine, that's your call but a private employer also has the right to mandate vaccine participation as a condition of employment. I'll end my rant by stating that I don't think the government has any business telling a private employer that they must require their employees to be vaccinated whether they have a hundred employees or 5,000.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by goalie
Another big issue is that a LOT of RNs are fun money income earners with spouses who have good jobs.

I've been seeing a whole lot of FU around here from that demographic.

I know several RNs, other health care workers and managers.

Unless they are married to a physician, or similar, they are the bread winner in most cases.

These people are giving up a lot more than just some extra fun money .

I may know a few more than several. A lot, myself included, are not needed in the family income to survive.

It doesn't mean my income is low, it's just that my wife's is enough more, and we live beneath our means, that we can survive on her income alone.

I'm not saying it would be fun, and I'm not diminishing the sacrifice, I'm just pointing out that the hospital administration may have badly overestimated the power of their threat.

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Another big issue is that a LOT of RNs are fun money income earners with spouses who have good jobs.

Unless they are married to a physician, or similar, they are the bread winner in most cases.

^^^ This ^^^

Even with spouses in relatively high earning occupations, more often than not both incomes are needed due to already established financial commitments.

Also, current average RN salaries typically run in the high 5 to low 6 figures, entails a lot of hard work, responsibility and often extreme emotional highs and lows, which in my opinion is a bit more than a "fun money" job...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by erikj
Joe Rogan Says Dr. Pierre Kory Treated 200 Members of Congress with Ivermectin

https://starpolitical.com/bombshell...mbers-of-congress-with-ivermectin-video/

Yup...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bugs4
If you choose to forgo the vaccine, that's your call but a private employer also has the right to mandate vaccine participation as a condition of employment..

Bullschidt

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by joken2

^^^ This ^^^

Even with spouses in relatively high earning occupations, more often than not both incomes are needed due to already established financial commitments.

Also, current average RN salaries typically run in the high 5 to low 6 figures, entails a lot of hard work, responsibility and often extreme emotional highs and lows, which in my opinion is a bit more than a "fun money" job...

Lotta .4-.6 RNs in the hospitals around here. 😉

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I know you were just using $150/hr as an example, but Licensed Electricians and Plumbers have been charging $125-150/hr for quite some time around here and this isn’t even in the big city elite areas.

We don’t work cheap, around 45.00 an hour here for a plumber, AC tech, or electrician. A business has to have overhead and profit on top of that.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by hanco; 10/26/21.
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by hanco
I know you were just using $150/hr as an example, but Licensed Electricians and Plumbers have been charging $125-150/hr for quite some time around here and this isn’t even in the big city elite areas.

We don’t work cheap, around 45.00 an hour here for a plumber, AC tech, or electrician. A business has to have overhead and profit on top of that.

Right the Plumber gets the $45 from his employer, the employer's charges the customer the $150 to cover the costs of overhead, insurance, SS, Unemployment, medical, dental, and profit.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Hmmm sounds like the effects of graphene oxide.

But that's a CoNsPiRaCy ThEoRy

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

"The protected need to be protected from the unprotected by forcing the unprotected to use the protection that didn't protect the protected"

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

I'm not so sure about all of it. But from the nurses I know, most of them are a bit older and don't have kids in the house and on the payroll anymore. And as you know, when they've been around long enough for that to happen, they're making $50+/ hr at that point. It kinda becomes FU money by default.

Camp is where you make it.
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by hanco

Right the Plumber gets the $45 from his employer, the employer's charges the customer the $150 to cover the costs of overhead, insurance, SS, Unemployment, medical, dental, and profit.

DB (Davis Bacon) on a typical .GOV job is the wage that is used to bid work... been out of it for a while but let's pretend I am correct. Journeyman Electrician makes $36.56 per hour plus $14.28 in fringes...

The Electrical sub bids the job to the GC at $345,875... this covers 950 Journeyman Electrician hours, lights, switches, panels, wire, conduit... another 1,200 hours for Laborers... then profit, overhead, bond et al.

The Electrical sub will PROBABLY have to bribe his Journeyman Electrician and Laborers to get the jab... a smart electrician will say OK... pay me $36.56 per hour plus $167.28 in fringes...

Keep in mind... there is more work than can be done already... outside of .GOV.

----------------------------------------------------

Another GC friend was asked to do a private job... for a liberal (O'Biden signs in yard and all).

Tear out a small brick porch/stoop... and replace. About a cube of brick (505). Typically a $3,500 job in WV... maybe $4,500 in rural Virginia... maybe $8k in a suburban area.

Darryl quoted the job at $25k... because he is already swimming in too much work... and because she is Libtard.

She said yes to the $25k.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by bugs4
I've gotten the Pfizer vaccine and the booster shot. These vaccines are genetics based and are not inoculations in the classic, smallpox sense of the word. Just because someone is a "Health care professional" doesn't mean they know the difference between and antigen and an antibody. If you choose to forgo the vaccine, that's your call but a private employer also has the right to mandate vaccine participation as a condition of employment. I'll end my rant by stating that I don't think the government has any business telling a private employer that they must require their employees to be vaccinated whether they have a hundred employees or 5,000.

Sorry, but NO CORPORATION OR GOVERNMENT has the authority to tell a private citizen they MUST take an untested, unproven "vaccine".

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Key words, “unproven”, “ experimental” and “not approved”.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
This is another reason why it is so important to be as debt-free as possible. Everyone needs to be able to walk off their job without fear of losing their life savings. I will add that it's equally important to have your own health insurance and not be dependent on your employer for that.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Not on hard bid jobs..... service work maybe, but not competitive bid jobs.... I was an electrician for 40 years and a contractor for 20 of those years and did a lot of this....

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
a long, but interesting read Greg. I think those that have not yet gotten the so called vaccination, are probably not in the market for it.

Sam......

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
748 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 12308300, 11point, 10Glocks, 86 invisible), 2,756 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,702
Posts18,399,996
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.