Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Page turning and such sometimes takes so long that it times out and I have to click it again. Usually, after a long one like that, it turns right away, but it's happening a lot. Started yesterday, I think, or perhaps the day before.

It's not my computer. To test that theory, I went to Coltforum and flipped around to various sub-forums and did some page turning, and it was all instant, just like the Fire had been till yesterday or the day before.

GB1

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Same here about an hour ago. Seems ok now.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Page turning and such sometimes takes so long that it times out and I have to click it again. Usually, after a long one like that, it turns right away, but it's happening a lot. Started yesterday, I think, or perhaps the day before.

It's not my computer. To test that theory, I went to Coltforum and flipped around to various sub-forums and did some page turning, and it was all instant, just like the Fire had been till yesterday or the day before.

You can try ping or traceroute commands. Try both with a known good site and compare the times.

If you're running linux the control C will terminate the ping command and show stats.

You'll also learn the IP address for the 'fire, if a name server is the slowdown use the IP instead of URL

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by blindshooter

You can try ping or traceroute commands. Try both with a known good site and compare the times.

If you're running linux the control C will terminate the ping command and show stats.

You'll also learn the IP address for the 'fire, if a name server is the slowdown use the IP instead of URL

I wish I knew what the hell you were talking about. grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

No worries crazy

Search engine will help with terms.

I know just enough to fugg up stuff.......

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Drink coffee, not whiskey.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Go hunting

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'll probably drink beer and hunt next week.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mine's been slow to. I just blame Biden for spying on me.

LOL
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

The Real Hawkeye ,

Download the SD-WAN TURBO CLOUD .com ,, your computer will be a speed demon . smile

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I can hardly blink fast enough to miss a page change.

I've been told that some ad blockers slow page changes down by the way they work. They download the whole ad, then check their list to see if it should be blocked before they move on and download the next ad, etc. If that's true, you might want to try a different blocker because the 'Fire is VERY ad heavy.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
If it's not your computer it is the wifi. Mine is old and strong.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

It’s just RickyB running his satanic black magic.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Seriously, you can scroll to the very bottom and see all the cycle times etc.

ETA:
PHP: 7.3.31 Page Time: 0.074s Queries: 13 (0.003s) Memory: 1.1299 MB (Peak: 1.7027 MB) Data Comp: Zlib Server Time: 2021-10-27 00:00:55 UTC

And, now I see why the fire puts a BD cake a day early. 😁

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ironbender

ETA:
PHP: 7.3.31 Page Time: 0.074s Queries: 13 (0.003s) Memory: 1.1299 MB (Peak: 1.7027 MB) Data Comp: Zlib Server Time: 2021-10-27 00:00:55 UTC

And, now I see why the fire puts a be cake a day early. 😁

Remember when we reported a bunch of those for Mr. Bin when he was doing an upgrade? And then he still took away our little red numbers.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Singing here per usual.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
I’ve had to resort to my iPhone, as it’s become intolerable navigating the Fire on my MacBook.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Probably due to the fact there are people on the forum that still likes NFL. That would slow anything down!

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Originally Posted by ironbender

ETA:

And, now I see why the fire puts a be cake a day early. 😁

Remember when we reported a bunch of those for Mr. Bin when he was doing an upgrade? And then he still took away our little red numbers.

LOL

I still miss the LRNs!

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I’ve had to resort to my iPhone, as it’s become intolerable navigating the Fire on my MacBook.

Don’t be intolerant!

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

96 members (Algotguns, Akhutr, Bama_Sleeper, 10Glocks, 7x57Hunter, batch, 11 invisible), 1,556 guests, and 857 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,228
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.