Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
What I recall is to swab it 4 times and let it sit horizontally and rotate it 45 degrees each time you let it sit. Be sure to plug the chamber.

I intentionally did the chamber and would only recommend this for use in severe weather. It acts like an oily bore, I will use JB and steel wool to remove some and to get circumferential scratches.

Here is another product which is not as refined as DTB but is cheaper. Their instructions are pretty simple. http://www.sweetshooter.com/order.html

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
BP-B2

Clarkm Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tejano
Be sure to plug the chamber.

That mistake was painful for me in 2019.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I dipped every time . I recently did an old 38-55 lever Winchester, with dark bore, from the muzzle.Stuffed the action with paper towels.I cleaned the barrel with several a different solvents and brush and used JB bore paste.When the patches came out clean or darn close , I degreased and applied the DT with a mop. Let it set overnight muzzle down and then fired about a dozen rounds thru it..
I cleaned it again for about 45 minutes and took it to the range again after a few days

Another 30 rounds and I wasn't getting any key holeing which I expect was from really excessive lead fouling.
However it did take me another 30minutes to clean and I gave up when patches were still showing some signs .
Email to Muledeer and he said it should get better.

Time will tell and I need to get some bigger diameter cast bullets.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Clarkm
Originally Posted by Tejano
Be sure to plug the chamber.

That mistake was painful for me in 2019.

What was your fix for this?

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
Clarkm Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Keep shooting and strong arm extracting and the crud in the chamber eventually goes away.... the lumpy high points anyway.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
IC B2

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
A friend made the same mistake way back when the compound was gray, not clear. I took it out of his chamber with a bronze bore-brush, spun with a drill motor. Since the silica in the compound only melts under the high heat of by powder gas, the only thing that hardens inside the chamber is the liquid glue carrying the silica. The bore-brush took it right out, as could be clearly seen in my bore-scope.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I see on their site that they use it on Molds. Anyone have an experience doing that?

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I coat all of my steel magazines with their Gun Shield and they are slick and seem to work very smooth as well as the added corrosion protection.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
tag for info

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had some DBC left over that I decided to use on a factory-fresh Pedersoli Brown Bess.

My goodness! It was impressive. At first firing, I never saw so much crud come out with just a spit patch. Final cleanup was a breeze as well-- no need for a bronze brush.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
tag

E
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
E
Where can one get the DBC nowadays? Can only find it on company’s website.

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
There are several options. Do a search for “ceramic bore coatings”

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mule Deer your writings got me into DBC. Have you been using any other coatings since DBC seems to no longer be available?
I’d be very interested in your testing results and what if any other bore coatings you’re using now.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Haven't tried any others--partly because I use a lot of powders that include decoppering agents these days, and all the rifles I have that benefitted from DBC have already been treated.

My guess is neither Brownells or MidwayUSA sold enough DBC to make it worthwhile for them--or Dyna-Tek. This is probably also due to another factor: DBC works really well and lasts a long time after being installed.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
E
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
E
I did search … found no great results.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

Where to buy it?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
89 members (10gaugemag, 99Ozarks, 257robertsimp, akshooting, 15 invisible), 1,653 guests, and 745 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,756
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.