-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Been a long time since I had a TC contender, Is anyone making TC contender frames?

Haus of Arms, SSK, TC?

How were the latest (that I am aware of) S&W frames? Any issues?

Looking specifically for a Contender G2 in stainless.

Thanks,

Jerry

Si vis pacem, para bellum
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've had a few people try my silenced 30-30 this Fall at the range and want to do something similar. None found any new frames in stock anywhere.

Good luck, I got one at Haus of Arms quite a while back, but they've been OOS for months

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Hausofarms is trying to produce the SSK50 frame but it has not come to be, Yet.

Used frames are out there. Gunbroker prices are high.

G2 frames are not easy to find around me. I have advertised locally trying to find one without success. Still looking

“Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person”
-Fred Bear
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
I would buy an ssk frame if they ever make one. Also the G2 frames by smith and Wesson...I dunno. Had one that would not take a barrel and I sent it back and they sent a new one...must have been way out of spec

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Good luck finding a used TC frame. No one makes a new one.

IC B2

C
ccd Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
it is SSK(Lehigh Defense) that is making the new Contender frames (ssk-50) that Haus of Arms will be selling. The vendor that was making the frames ran into heat treat problems with the first batch iirc. New G-2 frames can still be found if you look around. I found one 2 months ago at Jay's in Clare.

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Bens Great Outdoors in Marlette had a T/C frame on the wall. Not sure if it was a Contender or Encore. Give them a call.
Also, Mike Bellm is the go to guy for T/C stuff

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ccd
it is SSK(Lehigh Defense) that is making the new Contender frames (ssk-50) that Haus of Arms will be selling. The vendor that was making the frames ran into heat treat problems with the first batch iirc. New G-2 frames can still be found if you look around. I found one 2 months ago at Jay's in Clare.

Those SSK-50 frames have been vaporware for a long time.

I love SSK, and I love Haus of Arms, but no way I'm counting on them becoming available anytime soon.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I saw two G2 stainless sit in different shops for weeks.
One is a super14. .410 and its got 799 on it

The other was a 10" .22 match w extra .223 bbl for 800.

Both rigs look/looked new.

And collected dust.

Last edited by hookeye; 10/26/21.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Try Ed’s Contenders in Oklahoma

Experience is what you get, when you don't get what you want!
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

A bowhunter at heart but a gun guy at soul. I'll take craftsmanship, wood and blue steel over plastic and composite any day.
L
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by 348winchester

That's high for a non-easy open frame.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Under ideal circumstances, I would opt for the Encore frame. That is latest and strongest design. I am not sure it has been mentioned but; Smith Wesson has stopped all TC related production pending an attempt to sell off that brand. Ideal is one scenario, today it is more like being open minded to what ever opportunity presents itself. There seem to be enough complete guns on the market, that is on the glass 1/2 full side. Everything seems expensive and hard to find right now, which is the 1/2 empty side.

My buddy got two Encores from S&W and seemed very happy with the fit and finish. He did some kind of trigger upgrade to one, the other was quite good out of the box. His barrels are all MGM. Based on that, I would be open to any frame from either TC in NH or Smith in MA.

I would not expect any factory support from anyone right now. If that matters? It would not concern me.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by fourbore
Under ideal circumstances, I would opt for the Encore frame. That is latest and strongest design. I am not sure it has been mentioned but; Smith Wesson has stopped all TC related production pending an attempt to sell off that brand. Ideal is one scenario, today it is more like being open minded to what ever opportunity presents itself. There seem to be enough complete guns on the market, that is on the glass 1/2 full side. Everything seems expensive and hard to find right now, which is the 1/2 empty side.

My buddy got two Encores from S&W and seemed very happy with the fit and finish. He did some kind of trigger upgrade to one, the other was quite good out of the box. His barrels are all MGM. Based on that, I would be open to any frame from either TC in NH or Smith in MA.

I would not expect any factory support from anyone right now. If that matters? It would not concern me.

The Encore is a clubby pig compared to a svelte supermodel Contender.

Only way I'm going Encore is if a Contender won't handle the pressure.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10ring1, 52 invisible), 2,707 guests, and 1,078 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,313
Posts18,468,282
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.