They fix the extractor issue yet?

GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Taco2fiddy7
They fix the extractor issue yet?

They must have. Mine extracted just fine.

Camp is where you make it.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I have one in a LH Mesa 7-08. It just puts them all in the same hole with 140 Barnes

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by coyote268
I have one in a LH Mesa 7-08. It just puts them all in the same hole with 140 Barnes

I have a metric schit ton of 7mm bullets. I have been thinking about one in a 7-08. I have a .280 but it's not a 7-08.

Last edited by tzone; 10/27/21.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
It takes all types. I wouldn't pay the exorbitant price tag. I haven't seen one yet that was worth it. The most recent one I've shot belongs to a buddy from my gun club. He has it in a chassis stock of some sort. Damn nice/impressive looking rifle, but it doesn't shoot. That's been the case of the other 2 I've seen. Maybe a fluke, but 3 that didn't shoot well?? Back to the Christensen arms that belongs to a buddy. He let me shoot it the other day and the trigger is phenomenal. Very nice. I'll hand it to them, their trigger is great. However, the rifle only produces about 1.5" 10 shot groups. That is with my friend shooting the rifle. I coaxed him into shooting some substantial groups the other day. He's all into "precision" hand loading, so I was digging. Rifle didn't pass the test.. He was a little pizzed that his Tikka superlite 270 shot better and at way less cost. After I let him shoot my CTR, I thought he was going to throw his Christensen into the woods.... You guys think they are great, that is cool. I don't hold that against you, but they are not my cup of tea. If you want to post some pics of your 10 shot groups, I'm all ears. I'd like to see one that shoots well..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Would you shut your filthy cock holster??? Fuuck, there’s a time to talk, and a time to stfu

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
It takes all types. I wouldn't pay the exorbitant price tag. I haven't seen one yet that was worth it. The most recent one I've shot belongs to a buddy from my gun club. He has it in a chassis stock of some sort. Damn nice/impressive looking rifle, but it doesn't shoot. That's been the case of the other 2 I've seen. Maybe a fluke, but 3 that didn't shoot well?? Back to the Christensen arms that belongs to a buddy. He let me shoot it the other day and the trigger is phenomenal. Very nice. I'll hand it to them, their trigger is great. However, the rifle only produces about 1.5" 10 shot groups. That is with my friend shooting the rifle. I coaxed him into shooting some substantial groups the other day. He's all into "precision" hand loading, so I was digging. Rifle didn't pass the test.. He was a little pizzed that his Tikka superlite 270 shot better and at way less cost. After I let him shoot my CTR, I thought he was going to throw his Christensen into the woods.... You guys think they are great, that is cool. I don't hold that against you, but they are not my cup of tea. If you want to post some pics of your 10 shot groups, I'm all ears. I'd like to see one that shoots well..

I have never needed 10 shots on a hunt. LOL.

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
I don’t even take 10 rounds into the woods

American Rifles and Italian Shotguns
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Sounds like your buddy needs some range time.

F
F
Have a ridgeline 300WM that is a tack driver with 180gr ttsx factory loads. No complaints here

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by fishhunt03
Have a ridgeline 300WM that is a tack driver with 180gr ttsx factory loads. No complaints here

I have A Ridgeline in 28 Nosler that shoots in the.3s its been a fantastic rifle

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I've owned two Mesas in the past, one in 300WM and one in 6.5 Creedmoor. The 300 shot under an inch with what it liked and the Creedmoor wouldn't do better than an inch. I sold the Creedmoor and traded the 300 for something else...now I'm back to another 300WM in the Mesa, but "Black" this time...so it "might" shoot better, ha. Just got the thing. 1 1/4 to 1.5 for big guns is just fine for me and the way I hunt. For varmints and coyotes I want sub MOA, there's just too many rifles out there that will do that, case in point, my recent Tikka T3 Lite in .243! Awesome, cost 2/3 of what the Mesa did.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

A 1.5”, 10-shot group isn’t good?

BTW, the cost of a rifle doesn’t always correlate with how accurately it shoots.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My "lightweight" .308 weighs less than 7 pounds loaded, with a scope and sling.

I'm pretty sure a ten shot group with it would end up being 1.5" at least unless I let it cool off completely between shots.

But, it's a hunting rifle, I care where the cold bore shot goes. That tenth shot, not so much....

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
I have owned 3 Christensen rifles (2 Ridgeline .300 Win and 1 Mesa .308 Win) they all shot MOA or better but these days what doesn't? ......I do like the Christensen stock and they all functioned as they should but I just was not in love with any of them like I am with My Kimbers......Good luck...Hb

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Not hijacking at all, just curious....What model Kimbers you have there hillbilly? Last year I sold the first 300WM Mesa to buy a Kimber 8400 Classic Stainless (gorgeous wood/SS) in 300WSM. It shot so well I gave it to my granddaughter (a pre death keepsake, ha I didn't want to drag it into the mountains) I tried another 8400 300WSM Classic (wood/blue) and it was lemon, I went back to Bergara B14 Hunter (very nice rifles). Played with it awhile, sold it to finance something different, but when I wanted a weather resistant 300WM, it was the Mesa for me. But my Kimber 84L Classic/blue in .270 "may end up in my coffin when I die at 120! ", lol.

Last edited by Jim_Knight; 11/01/21.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have four, three Ridgelines (308 / 270 / 7mmRM) and one MPR (6mm CM). The Ridgelines all now wear McMillan stocks, 2 Game Wardens and one Game Hunter, I'm beginning to like the more vertical grips on these stocks. The MPR chassis was sold off and now wears a McMillan Game Scout (this rifle has the CA steel barrel at 24"). I put an Area 419 Hellfire brake on the 6mm and took it to the range yesterday, this rifle will shoot 1/2" @ 100 all day long and I really like the brake, shooting it is a joy. I had a 30-06 with a new McMillan Hunters Edge along with me, just got the stock on Saturday, and it beat me to death in comparison. The "open" vs more "vertical" grip was really different and much preferred the vertical at the range. I do think the open grip makes a better general purpose hunting rifle. All of my CA rifles out shoot me. I did however have a lapse in judgement and bought a Ridgeline in 6.5 CM but quickly sold it off as is was really no different than the many other 6.5s I have owned including 260 Rem, 6.5x55, 6.5-06 and 264 WM.

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Originally Posted by Jim_Knight
Not hijacking at all, just curious....What model Kimbers you have there hillbilly? Last year I sold the first 300WM Mesa to buy a Kimber 8400 Classic Stainless (gorgeous wood/SS) in 300WSM. It shot so well I gave it to my granddaughter (a pre death keepsake, ha I didn't want to drag it into the mountains) I tried another 8400 300WSM Classic (wood/blue) and it was lemon, I went back to Bergara B14 Hunter (very nice rifles). Played with it awhile, sold it to finance something different, but when I wanted a weather resistant 300WM, it was the Mesa for me. But my Kimber 84L Classic/blue in .270 "may end up in my coffin when I die at 120! ", lol.

Jim, I have owned a dozen or so Kimbers and I also had a lemon many years ago, it was a Montana .308 Win that had a feeding issue and would not shoot better than 2 moa even after a two month turn-around trip to Kimber....Otherwise the rest of the Kimber rifles I have owned over the years have been fantastic in every way. I have sold a few i wish i still had including a Sub-Alpine model in .300 WSM and a Classic model chambered for 30-06 that were both wonderful rifle's. I currently own a Subalpine chambered for 30-06 and three Montanas ( two 308 Win and one .300 WSM)....Good luck...Hb

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Good deal HB, I like wood but am a bit OCD on bad weather on my "nice" rifles. ha I'm at that age that I prefer the "Pride of Ownership" rifles. ( I always was, just didn't have the money!!!) ha It gives me an excuse to buy another rifle! I like the Mesas...the stocks shape fit me well and my first 300WM I used w/o the brake, very easy to shoot. Good luck to you Pard!

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Shot a Ridgeline in .26 PRC last week while in elk camp. The owner swore it was off-zero, so I had a go with it. It wasn't; rather it was operator error. It shot the factory 143's he brought really well.

Looks like It uses the same stock as my Mesa in .26 CM. The owner had a big, honkin' scope on top that I'm guessing he was hoping to nail an elk with from across mountain tops.

I suggested he instead dial it down to around 5x and get closer. He bagged a nice, mature cow elk with it.

It's you and the bullet, and all the rest is secondary.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

190 members (308xray, 2ndwind, 240NMC, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 28 invisible), 2,070 guests, and 1,089 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,717
Posts18,457,100
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.