Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
The wife calls me at work Sunday and tells me she tested positive for COVID. We belive she got symptoms last Friday as she started complaining of body aches and chills. She spiked a 103⁰ fever on Sunday and why she went to urgent care. I let my work know, and they're giving me a minimum of 17 unpaid days of time off.

My wife isn't eligible for the shot, so neither of us have taken the jab. Looks like she's going to recover well from it, but she also got the antibody infusion yesterday and was prescribed Ivermectin, Steroids and high dose vitamin C, D, and Zinc. We we're surprised the Dr. gave her those treatment options.

I go in the next day or two for the same antibody infusion treatment, but so far have been COVID negative on two rapid tests. Other than that I'm feeling like I've got some seasonal allergies. I'm still waiting on a test that was mailed off, to say with 100% certainty I don't have it. My saving grace might be I got home Thursday after she was possibly longer infectious, from a 9 day elk hunt on the western slope.

I really hate to start another COVID thread, as everyone has their side. I've just pretty much kept out of these things, choosing just to keep working and letting people live and let live. I'm actually kind of looking forward to 17 days off just to catch things up around here.

GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
You'll both be fine, just like the other 98.9% (or whatever the actual ridiculously high percentage rate is).

Ps sounds like your medical provider is squared away

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 10/26/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
99.73%

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Good luck to and the Mrs.

NRA Patron
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Why 17?

The CDC guidelines is 10.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

The original Frito Bandito!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"My wife isn't eligible for the shot, so neither of us have taken the jab."

Huh? They give away donuts and lottery tickets just to take their free "vaccine".

T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Morewood
"My wife isn't eligible for the shot, so neither of us have taken the jab."

Huh? They give away donuts and lottery tickets just to take their free "vaccine".

My wife has a history with pulmonary emboli caused by certain medications. There isn't a Dr that's going to recommend she take the shot. That's the only reason we got some alternative treatment options.

T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by tzone
Why 17?

The CDC guidelines is 10.

I work for the BNSF, and they require 7 days symptom free after the 10 days is up. I could have gone back to work in 7 days, if I would quarantine separately from my wife.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I’m gonna cross all my fingers, all my toes, and say two prayers.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by deflave

It's too late for that. They already tested positive.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Praying for both of you.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by dassa

It's too late for that. They already tested positive.

Let me repeat, as of right now I have not tested positive for COVID. I went hunting the 12th of October and didn't return until the evening of the 21st. Dr's think I might have missed the infectious period since my wife's symptoms didn't present until the afternoon of the 22nd.

I feel pretty normal for this time of year, just some mild allergy symptoms. In fact I'm about to head out hop on the Kubota and mow my property for the last time this fall. I'll probably feel like crap after moving all the dried up and dust crap on my place.

My wife still gets tired easily and is having issues staying asleep for several hours. However, her condition has greatly improved since Monday. She can work from home, so that's what she's doing.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
17 days, middle of hunting season. Maybe some distancing from a tree stand is in order?

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by centershot
17 days, middle of hunting season. Maybe some distancing from a tree stand is in order?

I'm done until the week of Thanksgiving. I got a small bull last Wednesday, but pronghorn and mule deer seasons are over for me as well. I'll go to OK in November to play whack a doe.

T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Well I go in at 10 am for my antibody infusion treatment. I still haven't tested positive, and this is supposed to help prevent me from getting COVID. My wife is about a day or two away from giving life H3ll again, so prayers for me are needed!😉

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Originally Posted by taylorce1
Well I go in at 10 am for my antibody infusion treatment. I still haven't tested positive, and this is supposed to help prevent me from getting COVID. My wife is about a day or two away from giving life H3ll again, so prayers for me are needed!😉

Of course.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
You'll both be fine, just like the other 98.9% (or whatever the actual ridiculously high percentage rate is).

Ps sounds like your medical provider is squared away

99.8%

T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Well, I guess I did test positive. Got my results from my one "not rapid" test today and it shows I tested positive early last week. Probably explains why my successful solo elk hunt the week earlier kicked my butt so badly.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

643 members (160user, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1973cb450, 71 invisible), 2,973 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,263
Posts18,467,116
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.