Hop To
T
Tarkio Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Anyone have a Ranger 570?

Do they have enough power? Does the machine get the job done?

Looking at a used 570 because the bigger ones are ridiculously overpriced. Wondering how it would do with a couple guys and maybe a teen and some gear just hauling on a FS road.

Wondering top speed etc.?

Montana MOFO
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm wondering the same thing. The neighbor up north has one, but he is on the sick list and his very nearly new one could come up for sale. Most Polaris UTV's that I know of are the 1,000's and that is more machine than we need for the trails. The guys with the 570 ATV's seem pretty happy with them and I assume that it is the same engine. What is the going price for a nice shape used one? I'm perfectly fine with the ATV or trail bike, but the wife says that her hips get tired riding the ATV, so she is the one pushing for a UTV.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I had one for a few years until I bought a crew cab. Plenty of power. The downside was it was absolutely the loudest side by side I've ever owned. I heard they may have tweaked the exhaust in recent years to help but don't know for sure. Mine was literally annoying.

Bill

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
We had the 500 for about 8 years. Completely reliable machine, never a problem except for routine maintenance. Haul 2 adults easily. Did usually use low range for any steep hills.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We have some friends with a 570 RZR. It won't outrun my 800 but it has plenty for their needs.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
We have one up our farm 2009 500 Ranger. We use it to basically run around. It will get the job done and is very reliable. With the bench seat plenty of room and the dump box is nice. If you have water or mud issues I would highly suggest a winch. Also nice for bug game retrieving. My only complaint is like an early post it is loud.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I have a '15 570 Crew I bought new and use it mostly at our UP cabin riding the trails/logging roads & hauling wood. It'll haul 4 large adults just fine and room for a couple kids if needed. It tops out close to 50mph. One thing to keep an eye on is the air filter. The intake is just ahead of the rear wheels and sucks in alot of dirty air in dusty conditions. It cost me a new top end when my kids neglected it for a week of riding in very dry conditions. I now use an oiled foam precleaner and change/clean after any long rides in those conditions. Other than that I've had zero problems with it.

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I have a 2015 model with the 570. It has been a good machine for us.
Hauling firewood, gravel, dirt and pulling assorted drags for road maintenance.
Bench seat allows me to haul grandkids around - "Polaris lullaby" is the nick name
No mechanical issues 3600 miles, changed the drive belt and put on a new set of tires
Not enough power to self destruct like the bigger motor models..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A bud has one, loves it. He had the crew model several years ago, too big to get around in the brush, not the case with this smaller machine.

Hauls 2 full sized fellers and gear plus maybe a couple of deer just fine.

Have ridden in it but can't comment on top speed. Fast enough for us on gravel.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tmitch
I have a '15 570 Crew I bought new and use it mostly at our UP cabin riding the trails/logging roads & hauling wood. It'll haul 4 large adults just fine and room for a couple kids if needed. It tops out close to 50mph. One thing to keep an eye on is the air filter. The intake is just ahead of the rear wheels and sucks in alot of dirty air in dusty conditions. It cost me a new top end when my kids neglected it for a week of riding in very dry conditions. I now use an oiled foam precleaner and change/clean after any long rides in those conditions. Other than that I've had zero problems with it.
My '12 Razor also has the filter in front of a rear wheel. The 1st owner put on an aftermarket filter kit with double filters like they use on Bobcats and other heavy machines. The outer filter will be packed full of dust while the inner one is almost completely clean. I'll replace the outer 2 or 3 times for each inner replacement. I also go through a lot of air blowing out the outer one. I HIGHLY recommend these kits even though they're a bit expensive. I'm not sure they make the double filter for yours but check out this site to see what they have. ROCKY MTN ATV

[Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com]

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I have a 700, been great!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've got a 570 midsize but mainly use it for plowing snow, beer runs and an occasional grouse hunt when I am too lazy to hike around. It has been fine and has plenty of power for just me and one other person, but I can't comment on reliability yet as I have only had it for a year.

I can say that when totally chained up, it'll (figuratively) climb a tree.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Interesting about those UTV air filters. I suspect that It is something that a lot of people don't even consider. Every weekend I see dozens of UTV's up north all traveling together and the first guy in line must get a great ride. The others engulfed in trail dust, not so much and we actually get rain here on occasion. How riding in a dusty pack like that can be a lot of fun escapes me I'm afraid. I've not ever heard of it, but a UTV dust lung issue has to be a problem. From the proliferation of UTV's instead of ATV's I'm seeing here, I'm wondering if the ATV is going the way of the three wheelers?

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

657 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 1234, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 160user, 66 invisible), 2,907 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,576
Posts18,453,975
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.