J
[Linked Image from c.tenor.com]

I am MAGA.
BP-B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Anyone that keeps people off public land should have their government programs terminated. Got no time for landowners that think they own the wildlife. There is a sense of entitlement in these people. Ever have someone tell you that you shot their deer. I haven't but I know of bordering land owners that have.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by dakota300rum
Anyone that keeps people off public land should have their government programs terminated. Got no time for landowners that think they own the wildlife. There is a sense of entitlement in these people. Ever have someone tell you that you shot their deer. I haven't but I know of bordering land owners that have.

Yes.

My reply was "oh, I'm sorry. Maybe next time you should paint your name on it's sides."

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by SandBilly

I bet if you weren’t looking he’d kick your dog too.

That’s more like something Flave would do.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
My inlaws had a section of BLM that was landlocked inside a ranch that they owned. My FIL had it surveyed and fenced so that there wasn't any question about what was deeded and what was BLM. The last guy from BLM who I spoke to about that lease told me that the only people with an implied easement across the deed land to the BLM land would be the grazing lease holder and the BLM peronnel. My inlaws held the grazing lease on that section of BLM, as did the previous owner, and I believe that the current owner has the grazing lease now.

Screw BLM, that’s just helping another government agency screw the public. BS excuse

BLM manages the land and if they tell me something that doesn't seem particularly germaine to my situation I take them at their word.

I never had much to do with the management of that ranch from 2004 to 2019 even though I had a limited POA to make decisions about it. It was my FIL's hobby plaything when he was alive. When he passed, my MIL leased it to a niece for taxes and fees and the niece and her husband ran cattle on it, but failed to make a go of it. After they quit the ranch, my MIL paid a family to take care the infrastructure and allowed them to run cattle to supplement their income. When my MIL passed, my BIL and Wife decided to sell it, but as part of the sales agreement we got perpetual trespassing rights to hunt on the deeded portion of the ranch. The guy that bought it installed his guy to take care of the infrastructure and leased the grazing rights to a neighbor.

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
First day of antelope in Wyoming I dropped two guys off at a little piece of BLM along the road that we had seen antelope on the day before while another guy and I drove up the road 20 miles or so to about a 1 mile square of state land.

After I killed a doe around 10 we drove down to see what the other two saw. My buddy tells me that right after daylight the owner of the adjoining land drove up to him on a SXS yelling about how would he feel if he owned land and people from out of state came and hunted in his back yard. Buddy showed him with Onyx that he was on legal hunting property but the guy didn't care. When the guy left he drove up to the other member of our party and grilled him. Fugkin asswhole then drove around trying to get the antelope to stay on his land.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
First day of antelope in Wyoming I dropped two guys off at a little piece of BLM along the road that we had seen antelope on the day before while another guy and I drove up the road 20 miles or so to about a 1 mile square of state land.

After I killed a doe around 10 we drove down to see what the other two saw. My buddy tells me that right after daylight the owner of the adjoining land drove up to him on a SXS yelling about how would he feel if he owned land and people from out of state came and hunted in his back yard. Buddy showed him with Onyx that he was on legal hunting property but the guy didn't care. When the guy left he drove up to the other member of our party and grilled him. Fugkin asswhole then drove around trying to get the antelope to stay on his land.

Doesn't Wyoming have hunter harassment laws?

I'd have deployed them...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by drover
Ted Turner has a pretty good sized piece of BLM landlocked at his Montana holdings and he doesn't let anyone have access to it. Actually BLM and Forest Service landlocked pieces are pretty common in Montana. I recall that 30 years or so ago there was a Sportsmans coalition trying to get something done about alloseing access to BLM/Forest Service land but I don't think it ever got anywhere.

Near Boise, Idaho there is a Texas landowner who has a Forest Service road gated and will not let anyone through, there have been complaints about it to the Forest Service but the last I read it was still gated. It cut off a lot of hunting access near the Boise area.

https://www.ktvb.com/article/news/l...o-wildlife-federation-says/277-618544197

drover
One of the facebook hunting groups I'm a member of has some guys who parachute into places like that and get picked up with helicopters.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Got a neighbor that uses an airplane to herd elk onto his ranch where he sells hunts. Super illegal for your average Joe but when you make LARGE donations to the wildlife dept annually you can do whatever you want. Same dude who’s building the high fence to keep game on his place and off all the neighbors’, minor sticking point being he doesn’t have to run all the native game out ala state law because he’s leaving an opening on the part that borders a state owned area that’s closed to the general public. So the rest of us suck hind tit because he’s a dick with a bunch of money. Doesn’t matter that in the state’s eyes game animals are public property when the state keeps their eyes closed.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Doesn't Wyoming have hunter harassment laws?

I'd have deployed them...

I honestly don't know for sure but had it been me I'd have been on the phone. I asked my buddy if he bothered to call and he had not.

IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I’ve taken at least one locked gate off it’s hinges before. I like the barb wire gates with a lock on one end and barely a strand of wire holding it together on the other.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I agree that land owners shouldn't harass anyone who is on adjacent property.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
On any public property, presumption being they didn’t trespass to get there.

MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There's legitimate gripes on both sides of this, ranchers and hunters. Didn't used to be so. My work takes me to ranchers all over the place and I've got more invites to come hunt than I'll ever use. Then there's a number of ranchers (or their heirs) who'd let my Dad and me hunt their places back in the Stone Age, when Montana was still Montana. Again, we're friends of long standing and yep, I'll never hunt all my opportunities, but I'll still swing by if only just to visit, maybe help fix fence until suppertime, because it's the relationships I value more than the hunting.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by ruffcutt
I’ve taken at least one locked gate off it’s hinges before. I like the barb wire gates with a lock on one end and barely a strand of wire holding it together on the other.

And then let all the cattle out...

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by ruffcutt

And then let all the cattle out...

Jim, see the first page of the cattle guard thread.
laugh

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stxhunter
[One of the facebook hunting groups I'm a member of has some guys who parachute into places like that and get picked up with helicopters.

WTF?! 102nd Airborne Hunters?! For real??

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Originally Posted by stxhunter
[One of the facebook hunting groups I'm a member of has some guys who parachute into places like that and get picked up with helicopters.

WTF?! 102nd Airborne Hunters?! For real??

The skydiving part sounds nothing short of retarded but a member here documented his use of a chopper to access public land after he drew a tag.

The bird not only got them in and out, but it hauled their elk in the round and dropped it into the bed of their pickups.

It was cool.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There is a State refuge just down the dead end road from my property. Folks get to duck hunt early season there. Nobody ever comes down the gravel except for the farmers except for the early duck season, they see the ground and may spot deer out in the fields...

I have the entirety of the perimeter of my land posted as per TWRA and TCA rules, and I spend a lot of time running people off the ground that is mine, they will access the Refuge via the public road that splits my land and then walk back onto mine. Land has been in my family for a Century, designated as a Century Farm with a sign that says so. Never see a game warden, can't get one out. They do set up their stuffed deer about a mile back on 54, they have time for that...

I live an hour away, but working from "time" gives me a lot more time to hang around up there, now if the dang gas prices were not so high.

Damaging farm infrastructure is now a Class E Felony in TN (took effect July 1, 2021), that will change how fence cutters and such are treated.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Ran into a a real asswhole awhile back. He was young and had inherited his grandfathers ranch. I was on an obvious two track road that was clearly legal to travel per the law.

He jumped out all bowed up “I’m the RANCHER, I’m the RANCHER”

I said “Oh, you’re a public land rancher? How you doing, i’m a public land hunter.”

Don’t blow smoke up my ass and I’ll do the same.

I think I know exactly who you are referring to. Kinda NE of Carlsbad a little way. I've had business with him. Pretty pushy for someone who never had to work for what he has and has no appreciation for it.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
107 members (338reddog, 10gaugeman, 35, 32_20fan, 257robertsimp, 10 invisible), 1,414 guests, and 684 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,882
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.