H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by OldHat
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by krp

Jesus' church is lead through the Holy Spirit, not a pulpit, not some man's words, not a confined in a book.

God uses Spirit filled people to shepherd His flock. It has been that way since the beginning. Many of those people are in the pulpit.

Can I assume you’re saying “you are spirit filled, and thusly a shepherd of men” ?

🦫

I wrote what I meant. The two sentences could not be more clear.

I simply stated what is clear in the Bible.

Nothing is clear in the Bible.That is why no two denominations can agree on anything written in the Bible.Then there are those few chosen that know exactly what is in the Bible.There is a name for them." Delusional"

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I certainly don’t think there’s been a surge of atheism in this country, but there certainly has been a migration away from Christianity over the last 20 years or so. These folks are simply unaffiliated; they’ve simply disconnected from any religious affiliation, Christianity in particular. They don’t embrace any beliefs in particular, they’re not atheists or agnostics, and they don’t identify as Christian’s. They can’t really describe what they are, they just know what they’re not. And I don’t blame em’.

Maybe close to 25% of the total population, 35% of millennials, mostly males and mostly well educated, theologically apathetic…don’t know and don’t care, and don’t feel like they even need to know. They’re not hostile toward religion, they’re just not affiliated with it. And again, I don’t blame em’.

To me, the migration away from Christianity in this country is the church’s fault. The responsibility lies at the feet of the church. To me, the reason that so many people have disengaged from Christianity is not because of the message; it’s mostly because of the messengers. It’s not the fault of the unaffiliated that they've found Christianity so unappealing and unengaging and so irrational and so unscientific, and so ungracious; it’s the fault of the church.

When you open the Gospels, when you look at the way that Jesus interacted with people…and He’s the person whose at the very epicenter of everything Christians claim to believe and everything they do…you’ll see that people who were nothing like Jesus, liked Jesus. And you’ll see that He liked them back.

So maybe, if the version of Christianity that we’re seeing today isn’t attractive or compelling, maybe the church has the wrong version. There sure are a lotta deconversion stories out there. And I’ve never heard a deconversion story that had anything to do with who Jesus is. Many people have walked away from Christianity. And I think “why” is an important question that the church should be asking itself. It’s not appealing to so many people. And to me, in many cases, it’s not even accurate.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Antlers, are you a Christian?

Signed,

Old Hat

Snark 🙄

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
I'm a Druid so I plan on celebrating while dancing around a raging fire and burning animal flesh. Might have a wee bit of Scotch too - my interpretation of a nice mug of Chouchen. Singing and chanting comes later...

Please,

pics will not be necessary if it happens, especially if you're dancing around that fire nekkid.

Not to worry. I learned long ago that raging fires and dancing nekkid should not be attempted simultaneously. Best to do the nekkid dancing after the chanting and singing... and a few more Scotches.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm a Druid so I plan on celebrating while dancing around a raging fire and burning animal flesh. Might have a wee bit of Scotch too - my interpretation of a nice mug of Chouchen. Singing and chanting comes later...

Please,

pics will not be necessary if it happens, especially if you're dancing around that fire nekkid.

Not to worry. I learned long ago that raging fires and dancing nekkid should not be attempted simultaneously. Best to do the nekkid dancing after the chanting and singing... and a few more Scotches.

I origanally read that ...and a few more scorches...

Kent

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by krp
The failing of the church is selling conversions as a shield of God against worldly suffering, earthly rewards for faith.

Man had it wrong so Jesus came to set the correct example, he didn't come cause man was doing it right... and then man almost immediately started down the path of doing it wrong again.

Jesus came to show how unimportant worldly suffering, hardship, persecution, torture, physical death are, compared to faith and spiritual resurrection. What God can give us here is the will to endure and the strength of fearlessness, spiritual peace/relief regardless of pain/suffering/persecution.

Jesus' church is lead through the Holy Spirit, not a pulpit, not some man's words, not confined in a book.

God left man here on earth with free will, individual man and man as a whole, the chit that happens to us here isn't on God nor will he save you, it's on man and self inflicted.

I’m always glad when you participate in these discussions. Your insight and knowledge and contributions are refreshing.

+1, to both of you.

+2, antlers and krp are both solid guys who can share their faith reasonably without the accusatory hate filled rhetoric HC and his ilk resort to.

Faith? Faith in what?

Gal 1:8 "But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed."

Who authored galatians? Paul or a third party? and who gave them authority over gospel?... themselves?

Obviously they feel they speak for Christ and as Christ... yet don't sound a bit like Christ.

I would never assume such authority, though there are many who assume they can.

Kent

There have always been dissenters who try to diminish and dismiss biblical authority and the Word of God.

Jesus called, appointed, equipped, and commissioned his apostles to teach, speak, and write in His name.

“Very truly I tell you, whoever accepts anyone I send accepts me; and whoever accepts me accepts the one who sent me.” John 13:20

“Whoever listens to you listens to me; whoever rejects you rejects me; but whoever rejects me rejects Him who sent me.” Luke 10:16

Those who reject the apostles reject Jesus.

“Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name for the Gentiles, and Kings, and the children of Israel.” Acts 9:15

Jesus sent his Holy Spirit to the apostles to tell us through his Word of all Jesus said and taught. God’s Word is not just “a book”. Reading the gospels and the epistles of Jesus is hearing Jesus.

Accepting this is accepting Jesus. Denying this is denying Jesus and the Holy Spirit who inspired the apostles to preach, teach, and write in Jesus’ name, the same Holy Spirit who leads Jesus’ church. Jesus authorized his apostles to speak and write in HIs name with the assistance of the Holy Spirit.

“Therefore, anyone who rejects the instruction of ours does not reject a human being but God, the very God who gives us his Holy Spirit.” 1 Thess 4:8

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word is God.” John 1:1

Every written word in the Bible is from God, and the entire Bible is Jesus.

It doesn’t matter if some scripture doesn’t fit our preconceived theology. We don’t have the luxury of picking and choosing what we want to believe in God’s Holy Word.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Faith? Faith in what?
Gal 1:8 "But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed."
Doesn't Paul sound like a nut case in your quote? He's saying no matter who contradicts him, "let him be accursed". No wonder Jesus in Revelation 2:2 praised the Ephesians for getting rid of Paul. Read Paul thoroughly and compare his doctrine to Jesus. You will see.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Please,

The Horizontal Bop with a sweetie is always my preferred nekkid dance step.

Around the fire, in the bushes, on the couch, wherever we ended up.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by krp

Please,

I origanally read that ...and a few more scorches...

Kent

OK, that one had me laughing !

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
To me, the reason that so many people have disengaged from Christianity is not because of the message; it’s mostly because of the messengers. It’s not the fault of the unaffiliated that they've found Christianity so unappealing and unengaging and so irrational and so unscientific, and so ungracious; it’s the fault of the church.

You seem to have hit a home run here Antlers.

Last edited by Valsdad; 10/27/21.

In it is contentment

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Matthew 7:2
New International Version
For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

I prefer the single word................Karma

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Is that word in the Bible?

In it is contentment

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K

I love this idea!!!

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Is that word in the Bible?

If not it should be. grin

Matt. 7:2 is just a wordy version of that word. wink

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Every written word in the Bible is from God, and the entire Bible is Jesus.

Now we know who made the Sun stand still.... whistle

Since John1:1 used the Greek word theh'-os, was he talking about a Goddess or maybe a representative?

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K

Please,

STRSWilson's last fire circle dance............... whistle

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Matthew 7:2
New International Version
For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
A couple of members here have consigned me to hell for my beliefs or lack thereof. They are pretty shrill about it. Does this mean I will have them for company?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by K22

STRSWilson's last fire circle dance............... whistle

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

STR,

PM sent.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Soo.....

What the fire decide?

Is the trunk or treating at the church house ok or not?

#askingforafriend

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Page 24 of 38 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 37 38

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (1936M71, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 10ring1, 46 invisible), 2,308 guests, and 1,237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,551
Posts18,453,584
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.