Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by FUG1899

I don't do photos or face book type very little but why have we lost people here to FB could it be
because of the way they were treated here ??????????????????????????????

I'd love to see photos of those rare Savages. I couldn't add anything to the discussion but it would expand my knowledge. I can see why you wouldn't want to get jacked around for posting though. I just got jacked around and I had to step away before I said something I wouldn't even come close to regretting but would have felt really, really good to get off my chest. Held my tongue this time.

proud of ya Roy!

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Calhoun

It's not up to them to serve you by thinking of questions you want to hear answers to.

Where do you get off btw? I post up guns and hunts often. I do more than my share of contributing to this forum to be talked to like that. Asswipe.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deerstalker

I don't do photos or face book type very little but why have we lost people here to FB could it be

I'd love to see photos of those rare Savages. I couldn't add anything to the discussion but it would expand my knowledge. I can see why you wouldn't want to get jacked around for posting though. I just got jacked around and I had to step away before I said something I wouldn't even come close to regretting but would have felt really, really good to get off my chest. Held my tongue this time.

proud of ya Roy!

Might want to rethink that Tom. I'm not letting that kind of crap go.

I've fixed broken guns for more than one person here, sent more than one stock sets for broken guns, taken apart my safe to get guns out of the back and then taken them apart and taken photos to get answers for guys that asked them, taken guys hunting, met guys for lunch and helped them when they toured Oregon. Sent one stock to a member here for recheckering then just ended up sending him the whole gun and letting him have it. Just because he's one hell of a nice guy.

Yeah, I'm disappointed to learn ya'll aren't here to serve me.

Last edited by Fireball2; 10/26/21.

LOL
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It's not up to them to serve you by thinking of questions you want to hear answers to.
Where do you get off btw? I post up guns and hunts often. I do more than my share of contributing to this forum to be talked to like that. Asswipe.

Hey, yesterday I was a liberal prick. Nothing new.

Question for you: Why did you start this thread asking why the collectors "read, critique and glean what they will from others" rather than ask "What can we do to increase participation from everybody?" Or even a "What kind of questions and gun info are people interested in hearing about?".

Then you followed it with a "Imagine if all the forum dealt with was "what year is my 300 EG?"?

I mean really... think about how you're phrasing everything.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Question for you: Why did you start this thread asking why the collectors "read, critique and glean what they will from others" rather than ask "What can we do to increase participation from everybody?" Or even a "What kind of questions and gun info are people interested in hearing about?".

Then follow it with a "Imagine if all the forum dealt with was "what year is my 300 EG?"?

I mean really... think about how you're phrasing everything.

I'm not here to serve your delicate sensibilities. Read between the lines.

LOL
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm not here to serve your delicate sensibilities. Read between the lines.

I think everyone was able to do exactly that.

Post about a premil finished as a postmil - by a person with more than 50 rifles.
Post asking about calibers in barrel addresses - by a person with more than 50 rifles.
Post sharing watch fobs and stamps - by a person with more than 50 rifles.
Post about an uncatalogued 1980 99E in 250 - by a person with more than 50 rifles.
Post about numbers of DE's and PE's made per year - by a person with more than 50 rifles.

Just some of what large collectors have posted in the last month.

Trust me.. if these people are just here to glean info from your posts, they're doing it wrong.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Difference between yesterday and today is he had the wrong guy yesterday.

LOL
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Post about a premil finished as a postmil - by a person with more than 50 rifles.
Post asking about calibers in barrel addresses - by a person with more than 50 rifles.
Post sharing watch fobs and stamps - by a person with more than 50 rifles.
Post about an uncatalogued 1980 99E in 250 - by a person with more than 50 rifles.
Post about numbers of DE's and PE's made per year - by a person with more than 50 rifles.

Just some of what large collectors have posted in the last month.

Trust me.. if these people are just here to glean info from your posts, they're doing it wrong.

We can continue.

Post about Roe Clark - by a person with more than 50 Savage guns (I think)
Post about Savage bicycles - info from a person with more than 50 rifles
Post about bayonet handles - by a person with more than 50 Savage guns (I think) and more info from others
Post on a NIB 99G - from a person with more than 50 rifles
Post on a NIB 99K - from a person with more than 50 rifles
Info on all the 99 serial number ranges that were skipped - from a person with more than 50 rifles
Info on 99A's in 22HP - from a person with more than 50 rifles (I think)

Still in the last 6 weeks. Could continue.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
You should probably put me on ignore. Please.

We gunna need a good puppy thread after this.

LOL
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

I tell you Fug, one of the reasons we loose folks to FB is because we are old, and they are young. I'm not a purist, I truly wish I could be, but my old hot rodding spirit comes through. I appreciate Roy's adventures. I almost cried when he offered me his 270 Titus, and I had to pass on it. I'm really excited with the .429 straight wall I'm playing with, on a 400 Whelen case, shortened, in a 99C. But these are just gun looney natural tendencies. Over on FB I see some of the most awful, ugly, abominations you can imagine, and they have 20 positive replies. The Levergun forum is worse. I guy posted pics of his true love, a Marlin with synthetic stock, picatiny, monster scope, and a can . Out of respect to his hard work and investment, I couldn't say I didn't even want to be in the same state as that thing, and every single reply was Yes, Love it, Where can I get one like it. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of great guys on FB, a lot from here, and a lot I didn't know. Some great knowledge there. Same with Leverguns. I've been talking to a guy in Sweden, I think, that took a moose with an 1895 Winchester. I wish a moose would kick me in the head for selling my 1895 Winny, made in 1910, 35 Winchester, bought from the original owner. FB reminds me of Star Wars, their ray gun pistols were 1896 Broom Handles. That's what a lot of the new generation want to make their Grand Dad's 1899 look like. The older guys on FB tend to know how to coddle them. Very shortly after I came here some one called me Stupid, or the question I asked was Stupid. So, I sent them a PM and asked ,"what did I do Stupid, So I don't do the Stupid thing again?" They responded laughing, said Stupid was probably a little strong, ignorant was probably more accurate, and went on to tell me the stupid thing I did, and they were right. I still get along just fine with that person. The kids don't want to know what we think, or if we are right, they just want some one to agree with them. I understand that too.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'll have extra butter on mine please.

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

I'm older now but I'm still runnin' against the wind

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F

It is nice to hear from you Skidrow

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F

I would think many here collect Savage's other than 1899's or 99's we should hear more about them also
many of us collect other gun stuff how about talking to us about that, Savage for one made a lot of other
things who has some of that collectable stuff to talk about

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
I've got a couple (well, 1 for sure and 1 that I think was Savage made) non-99 Savages, but for me, and I imagine a lot of other people the 99 and 110 are the first things that spring to mind.

I do have an old 22 I should get some pictures of for opinions on. It's some kind of economy store model single shot. I think it is a model 3 variation, but I'm no expert. It has no markings aside from 22 S-L-LR on the barrel. I'll have to look at it again to see if it even has a proof stamp, I don't recall seeing one. Very, very basic... in the white, and what is some kind of soft, even possibly pine stock that is about the most rough cut thing I've ever seen.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Going back to Lightfoots comment on guys not wanting to "put yourself out there", there's something to that.

When you post you run the risk of being put down, ridiculed, mocked, ignored, belittled, and any other manifestation of the deranged minds on the internet. I've heard guys say they don't want to sound stupid, etc. The more you post, the more the risk. No post, no risk. No risk, no grief.

Easier to just let someone else do the work and just read, staying in the shadows.

IMO, and it won't be popular and I'll probably get ridiculed for it, I think that's selfish. If you're willing to read and learn and let other people "put themselves out there" but you're not willing to help the forum with your own contributions, I label that lazy, complacent, indifferent, or selfish.

Guys that invest run risk, period. Invest in stock, risk. Invest in guns, risk. Invest in a forum, risk. Get a thick skin and get in the game. Everyone is better for it.

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
For god's sake Roy, give it a rest...

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I have a Savage 30F, would anyone care to hear more about it?
I could share pictures, and compare the action to an 870,

but I'm just interested in selling it.

I come here for the wealth of Savage experience and knowledge represented, which is generally very generously shared!! (Hello? Gene B!!), and I get considered responses to even some of my silliest questions. It's nice to know I'm not the only one thinking these thoughts..

Does anyone come here to be "recognized as a true (fill in the blank)" ?

I'm doing my best to hide who I really am..., especially when I get roped into stealing bricks from inside a fence in Utica!

"...One Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for All"

JeffG
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by JeffG
I have a Savage 30F, would anyone care to hear more about it?
I could share pictures, and compare the action to an 870,

but I'm just interested in selling it.

I come here for the wealth of Savage experience and knowledge represented, which is generally very generously shared!! (Hello? Gene B!!), and I get considered responses to even some of my silliest questions. It's nice to know I'm not the only one thinking these thoughts..

Does anyone come here to be "recognized as a true (fill in the blank)" ?

I'm doing my best to hide who I really am..., especially when I get roped into stealing bricks from inside a fence in Utica!

I have an H-W SUPER SAVAGE if any one would like to know more about it?
[img]https://i.imgur.com/lsE3TFg.jpg?1[/img]

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Why does this happen in about 1-10 pics I post. I've been doing it the same ways for years, and it just started recently?
[img]https://i.imgur.com/lsE3TFg.jpg?1[/img]

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

221 members (30Gibbs, 10gaugemag, 345dl, 1_deuce, 264mag, 16penny, 35 invisible), 2,761 guests, and 1,024 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,633
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.