Can you purchase just 2 states on elite for the $14.99 each
Or is it just one state for $14.99 or all for $99

BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Dan700mn
Can you purchase just 2 states on elite for the $14.99 each
Or is it just one state for $14.99 or all for $99
You looked at the wrong numbers. The states are 29.99/year each. All states are $99/year which can be paid as 14.99/month. Obviously, you'll nearly double paying by the month.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by mbhunt
It's a great tool. Use the tracker function every time you go out. Really helps you navigate. And as mentioned before you need to download area maps before you go if the cell coverage isn't there. Run on airplane mode to save your battery.
I've been having trouble with the tracker lately. It locates me correctly but doesn't always show the track. I'm wondering if reloading the app might fix it.

Followup on this problem: I've been in contact with OnX. They made some changes in their tracking software and they have a bug that they're working on. They've been asking me questions about what's happening so they can fix it.

― George Orwell

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I was just wondering if you can do just 2 states for one month then be done till next year.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They don't have any monthly subscriptions. It's all annual.
If you have a dedicated gps, you can get a chip for about $100/state. It needs to be updated periodically but once every 5 years is probably enough. They don't have satellite, though, just topo. I have a Garmin Montana with a chip that's probably 10 years old. You don't need cell service that way. I like the phone better, though, since it's lighter and more versatile.

― George Orwell

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you have a dedicated gps, you can get a chip for about $100/state. It needs to be updated periodically but once every 5 years is probably enough. They don't have satellite, though, just topo. I have a Garmin Montana with a chip that's probably 10 years old. You don't need cell service that way. I like the phone better, though, since it's lighter and more versatile.

Are you referring to the chip when you state "they don't have satellite"? The OnX app definitely has satellite; that's the only view I use.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Bugger
I’ve got an elk tag in an area that has a lot of private land mixed in with BLM land. I’ll probably buy a year’s subscription.
It would be nice if it gave out landowners phone numbers.

It gives you their name and address. You can generally google it fairly quick.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
I’ve got an elk tag in an area that has a lot of private land mixed in with BLM land. I’ll probably buy a year’s subscription.
It would be nice if it gave out landowners phone numbers.

That would depend on if you were a landowner or not. I know I wouldn't appreciate calls to come hunt at all hours all the time.
What unit is your elk tag for?

You know SD gfp has a free app showing public vs private

SD elk, ha ha! SDGF&P’s would rather not allow elk hunting proven by the way they dole out tags.

The license is for Wyoming just across the border from SD. East of New Castle.

If you’re hunting east of New Castle, you probably are shooting SD elk. laugh

Camp is where you make it.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Thanks rock chuck
That answers my question.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M

I've had a onX Montana chip in my Garmin GPS for about five years now. Montana is a little different than some other states, since their Block Management program pays landowners to allow public hunting--but the properties which sign up for Block Management vary from year to year.
As a result I update it every year when the new BM info is available.

When I first got the GPS and onX chip I could take it back to the local store where I bought it and have them update the chip, but three years ago onX changed its policy, and I had to go on their website to update. It wasn't hard, but the next year they automatically updated it and notified me via e-mail, charging the same $29.99. Same deal this year, which is pretty handy in situations like Montana's.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by NVhntr

Are you referring to the chip when you state "they don't have satellite"? The OnX app definitely has satellite; that's the only view I use.
Yeah, the chip. You can get Birdseye to download satellite for specific areas but costs another $30/yr.

― George Orwell

N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
I have the elite and when I joined you could put up to four people on the account so the son-in-law’s on mine. It works well being from different states as I can see everything he does with it and coach him along from a distance. He can see everything I do as well. It works great as a scouting tool and figuring out how to get into a area without boots on the ground.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Dork X is no longer on my phone. There are better options. Fug those guys.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by wyoelk

What is better ?

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Originally Posted by wyoelk

What is better ?

Gaia

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Thanks !

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
239 members (300_savage, 1minute, 204guy, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 280shooter, 38 invisible), 2,200 guests, and 957 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,641
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.