Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by LFC
Originally Posted by Nepahunter
And it's not me it's the other person I would just ship it right to them if they would go for that

Getting caught shipping a gun to someone without an FFL license wont be fun.

IIRC, you can ship with no problem - the receiver needs to be an FFL.
Even here, in wannabe commie New Mexico.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
BP-B2

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
That's interesting that even in the US there must be a FFL-dealer to send or receive the gun. I always wonder how long we will have the less bureaucratic way to sell or buy licenced firearms without a dealer intermediary.
It is absolut legal in Germany to buy or sell a gun directly to a private person. Seller and buyer have to report the deal to their officials, normally the county police, in order to have the gun registered for the buyer and having the registration deleted for the seller. The buyer has to name the seller and vice versa. Even if someone in northern Germany buys a gun from a guy in Bavaria - no problem at all. No FFL-dealer required.

Elmer Keith
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Have never heard of a prosecution here for not transferring a handgun,
And a lot of people don't know it's required. They just treat it like
a long gun.

One guy ran into an issue, but he was buying and selling. Got
in the middle of some stolen guns (innocently) cops got involved
very quickly. Transfer issues were taken care of, guns got returned
to owners. My friend lost a few hundred bucks. (The stolen rifle)

Not sure if the their was found.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ElmerKeith
That's interesting that even in the US there must be a FFL-dealer to send or receive the gun. I always wonder how long we will have the less bureaucratic way to sell or buy licenced firearms without a dealer intermediary.
It is absolut legal in Germany to buy or sell a gun directly to a private person. Seller and buyer have to report the deal to their officials, normally the county police, in order to have the gun registered for the buyer and having the registration deleted for the seller. The buyer has to name the seller and vice versa. Even if someone in northern Germany buys a gun from a guy in Bavaria - no problem at all. No FFL-dealer required.

In Florida, it's handled like you were selling or giving away your shovel or a ham sandwich.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
If you're in a jurisdiction that requires permits to posses handguns you will need the deceased owner's estate manager or next of kin to document that the gun is intended to transfer to you and you'll need to work out with permitting agency how to straighten out the paperwork.

If a permit and/or FFL transfer is required and you posses the gun you're already in violation.

Last edited by MikeL2; 10/28/21.
IC B2

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by ElmerKeith

FFL-Dealer is required for "Interstate Transfers" by federal law. A few states have added their own requirements for "In State Transfers", but this is not the norm.

It might be noted that several US states are larger than the entirety of Germany.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
N
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
N
Thanks everyone for your input I spoke with my FFL today and he says it's not a problem at all it will just go into my name then get shipped off and into the other guys name through his FFL hopefully this will help someone else later on down the road

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nepahunter, I sold off three dead guys guns yesterday to FFL gun shops here in WI. including that Beretta handgun I mentioned in another thread and no questions asked what so ever other than what do I want for them and can they see my driver's license? Remarkably easy I thought. I suppose that they ran my license to see that I have a clean record and it is recorded so that they have a paper trail in case anyone checks.

Last edited by Windfall; 10/29/21.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The one, and only one, thing I like about having to transfer a handgun
is the paper trail than can clear me if the gun was stolen.

Or, possibly stop the sale before I buy a stolen handgun.

Was a guy in Illinois got stopped for a traffic violation...his handgun
Was stolen. Arrested....The paper trail proved he bought the gun legally.
The FFL hadn't done the proper checks on the gun.

Since hearing of that, I get a bill of sale for long guns now.
But I have a good number of guns I couldn't account for, if I moved
them and they had a bad past. Some I could go back to who I got
them from. Others, not a chance.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
527 members (007FJ, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 51 invisible), 2,284 guests, and 1,047 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,596
Posts18,398,179
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.