Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Springfield seems to be clearly saying it's all US made.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I'm in.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That seems like a pretty low price point for a US made metal gun. What's the cheapest US made 1911 going for now?

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I'm hoping a High Power Ambi safety will fit.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by riflegunbuilder

Me too.

Called Springfield Armory again today. According to the rep I spoke with, they had a meeting this morning about adding an ambi safety option, installed and fitted by them. But, the rep said that is "down the road".

So, at this point for a lefty, the only option is to buy the ambi safety separately from Brownell's or another vendor and install it or have a gunsmith install it for you.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have several HiPowers, in different configurations. 1942 German occupation complete rig, C series beer can sight, FM Detective with short slide, Mark III Practical ... and have sold several.

Would LOVE a .40 BHP, because that´s what I do NOT have. In fact, I have no .40 whatsoever.

Anybody knows, if it will be made in .40, too?

Regards, Hermann

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by riflegunbuilder

Me too.

Called Springfield Armory again today. According to the rep I spoke with, they had a meeting this morning about adding an ambi safety option, installed and fitted by them. But, the rep said that is "down the road".

So, at this point for a lefty, the only option is to buy the ambi safety separately from Brownell's or another vendor and install it or have a gunsmith install it for you.

There are only two ambi safeties I’m aware of, and I’m not much a fan of either. The FN factory ambi, and the Cylinder & slide. I shoot with a high thumb, and that’s really awkward with the C&S. As for the FN style, it’s painful if you want to rest your thumb on the safety…and I want to rest my thumb on the safety.

Now if you’re right handed, the C&S non-ambi is a decent safety. The safety on the new SA looks like the best of the bunch thus far…Now if they’d just do the others side.

You’ll notice that most of the serious HP builders just modify an old style safety, because they don’t like the aftermarket options either.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
local dirt, is there a reason for having a gunsmith install an ambi safety? I installed on in both of my HPs.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I'll buy one in a couple of years.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
When I was at my local shop today, they quoted me a price of $625+ tax (6%), so I told them to go ahead and try to get me one. That seems like a really good price in today's dollars.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
IC B3

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
I'd be all over one but the lack of an ambi safety puts me off

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
instead of being put off, put one on......

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Not being personally familiar with a P-35, or HI-Power, is it safe to carry it with a round chambered and hammer down or not? What about on half-cock? Can the safety be engaged with the hammer in the down position? Or, should it be carried cocked & locked, like a M-1911?

I wonder if there are any plans for it to be produced in stainless steel?

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV
local dirt, is there a reason for having a gunsmith install an ambi safety? I installed on in both of my HPs.

Dave, because I'm left handed.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
When I was at my local shop today, they quoted me a price of $625+ tax (6%), so I told them to go ahead and try to get me one. That seems like a really good price in today's dollars.

It does.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by huntsman22
instead of being put off, put one on......

Don, I also asked Springfield on the phone today if they carried an ambi safety I could purchase or could they recommend a safety I could purchase elsewhere and install. They did not sell one and they could not recommend one that was out in the market and tell me if it would fit or not.

I'm not making this up. Kinda turned me off for now.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Henryseale
Not being personally familiar with a P-35, or HI-Power, is it safe to carry it with a round chambered and hammer down or not? What about on half-cock? Can the safety be engaged with the hammer in the down position? Or, should it be carried cocked & locked, like a M-1911?

I wonder if there are any plans for it to be produced in stainless steel?

No, the safety can only be engaged at full cock. In the military, these guns are usually carried empty chamber, hammer down. Outside the military, it's carried cocked and locked with loaded chamber.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Good price! I'll buy one for that price when they become available.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by MOGC

Good price! I'll buy one for that price when they become available.

Me too.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Springfield seems to be clearly saying it's all US made.

You have to check criteria for "Made in USA" as it pertains to guns. I bet the standard is much lower then cars, for example.
I suspect what you have heres is same as with FN HPs. Assembled in Portugal from Belgian parts except here countries are Turkey and USA. No worries, when it comes to weapons today what Belgians can put out the Turks can do much better and I do not think Americans can do worse job then Portugese.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

65 members (Akhutr, 10gaugemag, Anaconda, 6MMWASP, 6 invisible), 1,609 guests, and 797 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,202
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.