Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by xxclaro
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
There is a lot of bad info in this thread. But that is nothing new here on the Fire!

China, the only thing we actually know for certain is that they don't have enough energy for mining operations. The rest is speculation.

Bitcoin and Altcoins are not one and the same. Nor will they all meld into one.

There is only 14 million Bitcoins, possibly fewer but rough count 14M. There will never be more, but there will be fewer in time. No government controls it. For those living in the past the adoption of Bitcoin is here and not going anywhere. You can invest in BTC in Hedgefunds, ETF's, and other avenues. Pension funds are buying up BTC. Countries are looking at it as their currency. El Salvador already has adopted it. There has never been an investment in history with the returns it has produced. BTC will continue the drive up. Not at the pace of ALTs more then likely but still with great returns.

As for Shiba it is a pure speculation that has grabbed the attention of some whales and institutional investors. One could make some unreal returns with this. I strongly advise playing it safe and setting up limits at target points and taking your money off the table. I bought in @ $0.00000274 a share. I sold Yesterday to recoup my investment and still have 11 Million share. I can't lose, even if it disappears I am positive $$$.

As for Altcoins they are not BTC! They are for the most part and ease of discussion Blockchains. If you stick to the Blockchains that actually have sound fundamentals you should be ok, as in sticking to sound stocks. Yes there is always still a risk. No risk, no reward. ETH, SOL, LINK, and MATIC all AS OF NOW have sound fundamentals and in my opinion are great investments.Do your due diligence and only invest what you can afford to lose. The naysayers have already been proven WRONG!

Excellent. What did it cost you in Eth to sell that Shib? Was going to take some more profits off it today and the fee's are getting pretty steep! The 4 alts you listed happen to make up a good part of my crypto holdings, hopefully take some profit to reinvest if/when things drop significantly.

It didn't cost me anything, I converted SHIB to SOL on coinbase.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
XXClaro SHIB just dropped from a high of $0.0000880 down to $0.00006???. But looks to be heading North again.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bitcoin can still be mined and is only at about 3/4 of it mined that can be. every coin mined makes the next one harder to mine so although greatly limited and requiring lots of energy to do so it hasn't reached it's 21 million cap yet since there's only about 14 million out there now.

Shib is back up to .00007589 as of this moment, no way I'm selling right now even to take my initial investment out, it's a long term hold for me. I've bought in 9 times and have an average of .00001222, but I have over 100 mil of them. my P&L for the day is double my initial investment, for me to pull any out now isn't an option. there has been a shift in the last week and more in the last 24 hours that has surged it. it's up 60% for the day and growing to a high of .00008768. my strategy is obviously different than yours regarding the cryptos and it looks like we're both making money. that's a good thing!

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
Bitcoin can still be mined and is only at about 3/4 of it mined that can be. every coin mined makes the next one harder to mine so although greatly limited and requiring lots of energy to do so it hasn't reached it's 21 million cap yet since there's only about 14 million out there now.

Shib is back up to .00007589 as of this moment, no way I'm selling right now even to take my initial investment out, it's a long term hold for me. I've bought in 9 times and have an average of .00001222, but I have over 100 mil of them. my P&L for the day is double my initial investment, for me to pull any out now isn't an option. there has been a shift in the last week and more in the last 24 hours that has surged it. it's up 60% for the day and growing to a high of .00008768. my strategy is obviously different than yours regarding the cryptos and it looks like we're both making money. that's a good thing!

You have a lot to learn. The cap is 21 million. However some has already been lost both intentionally and unintentionally. This will continue to happen as time goes on. As I said the rough estimate is 14 million. I am not taking jabs at you, but you should really read up on it if you are or plan to invest in. Everyone agrees there will never be 21 Million, the actual number is going to change over time.

As for Shib it is a dangerous game play as you see fit. Your average buy in isn't low! You have 4 zeros and 1....., My average was .00000247 still not low but a fifth zero Ill take at buy in.

Last edited by MontanaCreekHunter; 10/27/21.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Looks like there is some resistance @ $.000088.. ish we’ll see if it breaks through tonight or tomorrow. Let’s hope it drops another zero!

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You have a lot to learn. The cap is 21 million. However some has already been lost both intentionally and unintentionally. This will continue to happen as time goes on. As I said the rough estimate is 14 million. I am not taking jabs at you, but you should really read up on it if you are or plan to invest in. Everyone agrees there will never be 21 Million, the actual number is going to change over time.

As for Shib it is a dangerous game play as you see fit. Your average buy in isn't low! You have 4 zeros and 1....., My average was .00000247 still not low but a fifth zero Ill take at buy in.

Lol I have a lot to learn? Ok. Spin it how you want. I was trying to be polite when I pointed out where you were wrong but whatever. Bitcoin had it's day and I admit I missed the boat as did a lot of folks, but it paved the way for the future.

Paper hands guru with a $20 buy in wants to lecture on percentages and feel superior that's fine. I think even you can see that holding 102 million is more than 11. After the correction last night we all saw coming, it stabilized (so far) above your advertised sell. Looks like you're out unless you pony up a lot more and increase your average or it comes down, but the trend says it looked won't. Lots of strategies out there and like I said I'm in it for the long haul which is why I keep buying. Yesterday with all the transactions burned a lot of coins. That's the angle I'm playing, doge has no cap and in my opinion a huge risk. Sure it bumped over night but it will settle back down in the mid 20s again most likely. I'm not claiming to know everything about crypto but I'm making great gains consistently across several platforms.
Good luck to you sir

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I regret not buying shib a few months ago, coulda shoulda woulda. Oh well my bets in the bankers coin XRP, once the lawsuit with the SEC is resolved it's going to payout a nice profit i believe.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Mwbyler
I regret not buying shib a few months ago, coulda shoulda woulda. Oh well my bets in the bankers coin XRP, once the lawsuit with the SEC is resolved it's going to payout a nice profit i believe.

Lol I have a lot to learn? Ok. Spin it how you want. I was trying to be polite when I pointed out where you were wrong but whatever. Bitcoin had it's day and I admit I missed the boat as did a lot of folks, but it paved the way for the future.

Paper hands guru with a $20 buy in wants to lecture on percentages and feel superior that's fine. I think even you can see that holding 102 million is more than 11. After the correction last night we all saw coming, it stabilized (so far) above your advertised sell. Looks like you're out unless you pony up a lot more and increase your average or it comes down, but the trend says it looked won't. Lots of strategies out there and like I said I'm in it for the long haul which is why I keep buying. Yesterday with all the transactions burned a lot of coins. That's the angle I'm playing, doge has no cap and in my opinion a huge risk. Sure it bumped over night but it will settle back down in the mid 20s again most likely. I'm not claiming to know everything about crypto but I'm making great gains consistently across several platforms.
Good luck to you sir

Nothing superior, I see you have insecurities. I didn't spin a single thing. Ask Saylor how many Bitcoin there is and if that number will decrease. You clearly don't follow crypto because if you had you would know that.

as for your Shiba comment, I am sitting on 11 million with zero skin in the game, you can not say the same! Shiba has terrible white paper and tokenomics. Everyone with half a brain know that the only way it will fly is manipulation. Can we make some money on it, of course hence why I am sitting on it. The reality is the chances of it dropping 4 zeros is next to ZERO, if luck goes our way it may shed one or two more. Like I said it is a dangerous game.

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
There is a lot of bad info in this thread. But that is nothing new here on the Fire!

China, the only thing we actually know for certain is that they don't have enough energy for mining operations. The rest is speculation.

There is only 14 million Bitcoins, possibly fewer but rough count 14M. There will never be more, but there will be fewer in time. No government controls it. For those living in the past the adoption of Bitcoin is here and not going anywhere. You can invest in BTC in Hedgefunds, ETF's, and other avenues. Pension funds are buying up BTC. Countries are looking at it as their currency. El Salvador already has adopted it. There has never been an investment in history with the returns it has produced. BTC will continue the drive up. Not at the pace of ALTs more then likely but still with great returns.

As for Shiba it is a pure speculation that has grabbed the attention of some whales and institutional investors. One could make some unreal returns with this. I strongly advise playing it safe and setting up limits at target points and taking your money off the table. I bought in @ $0.00000274 a share. I sold Yesterday to recoup my investment and still have 11 Million share. I can't lose, even if it disappears I am positive $$$.

As for Altcoins they are not BTC! They are for the most part and ease of discussion Blockchains. If you stick to the Blockchains that actually have sound fundamentals you should be ok, as in sticking to sound stocks. Yes there is always still a risk. No risk, no reward. ETH, SOL, LINK, and MATIC all AS OF NOW have sound fundamentals and in my opinion are great investments.Do your due diligence and only invest what you can afford to lose. The naysayers have already been proven WRONG!

Excellent. What did it cost you in Eth to sell that Shib? Was going to take some more profits off it today and the fee's are getting pretty steep! The 4 alts you listed happen to make up a good part of my crypto holdings, hopefully take some profit to reinvest if/when things drop significantly.

Nice, unfortunately I bought before it was on Coinbase so its on a DEX, even sending it to another wallet is going to cost more than I want to pay. I'll ride it out a little longer, beleive it'll be listed on RobinHood soon and that might send it for another ride.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Nice, unfortunately I bought before it was on Coinbase so its on a DEX, even sending it to another wallet is going to cost more than I want to pay. I'll ride it out a little longer, beleive it'll be listed on RobinHood soon and that might send it for another ride.

Yes not worth it for you to move it around. It isn't costing you anything sitting where it is. Hopefully it will make a good run and then it will be well worth the price to move it.

That is the talk, they are for sure developing a wallet. Robinhood could give it some fuel. I believe the fuel it needs is a Reddit pump. That I believe could get it to $0.0? which is a great ride to be on if it does.

Last edited by MontanaCreekHunter; 10/28/21.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The way you guys are talking makes me realize crypto is basically the Beanie Baby craze for geeks....

Sic Semper Tyrannis
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Mwbyler

There is still opportunity to buy in. If you have the right mentality and aren't trying to "break the Bank". Look for dips to .00005 ish or lower of course. That is still a fair buy in price should it drop a couple zeros.

XRP is tainted but could make a comeback. In my opinion there are to many untainted crypto's out there with great white papers and tonkenomics to invest in.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Dutch
The way you guys are talking makes me realize crypto is basically the Beanie Baby craze for geeks....

Far from it. But like anything else there are good legitimate crypto's and there are bad ones. It's our responsibility to do our own research just as the stock market. How many got hooked by Enron?

Last edited by MontanaCreekHunter; 10/28/21.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZgvkZFDHcQ&list=RDCMUClgJyzwGs-GyaNxUHcLZrkg&start_radio=1

Colorado you might want to give this a view as I said Bitcoin will never reach 21 Million watch at about the 23:05 mark.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZgvkZFDHcQ&list=RDCMUClgJyzwGs-GyaNxUHcLZrkg&start_radio=1

Colorado you might want to give this a view as I said Bitcoin will never reach 21 Million watch at about the 23:05 mark.

mo
get under your skin did I? had to look around until you found something that supported your most recent claim. LOL and you called me insecure! first it was "it's already been done but so many are burned in wallets that can no longer be accessed so there's effectively only 14 mil" and now you're saying it can never reach there? not wasting anymore time on you or the video you managed to find. couldn't care less anyway, bitcoin is old news and it's only relevance is to show the potential of cryptos when they have the right model. I stand behind what I said and I'm right. I only answered this latest dribble from your handle because you addressed me directly. Your advice is as bad as your math, paper hands.

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X

Better comparison would be the dot.com bubble of the late 90's. A whole bunch of start-ups attracted huge investments, made and broke millionaires, then most crashed and burned. Crypto is alot like that now, loads of new projects starting up and vying for attention and investment. Most won't make it. A few will, and might change the world along the way. Make money on the coins of the moment, try to find and hold on to the coins of the future. Most dot.coms startups vanished, those that survived make early investors ridiculous amounts of money.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Better comparison would be the dot.com bubble of the late 90's. A whole bunch of start-ups attracted huge investments, made and broke millionaires, then most crashed and burned. Crypto is alot like that now, loads of new projects starting up and vying for attention and investment. Most won't make it. A few will, and might change the world along the way. Make money on the coins of the moment, try to find and hold on to the coins of the future. Most dot.coms startups vanished, those that survived make early investors ridiculous amounts of money.

A better comparison for sure.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

mo
get under your skin did I? had to look around until you found something that supported your most recent claim. LOL and you called me insecure! first it was "it's already been done but so many are burned in wallets that can no longer be accessed so there's effectively only 14 mil" and now you're saying it can never reach there? not wasting anymore time on you or the video you managed to find. couldn't care less anyway, bitcoin is old news and it's only relevance is to show the potential of cryptos when they have the right model. I stand behind what I said and I'm right. I only answered this latest dribble from your handle because you addressed me directly. Your advice is as bad as your math, paper hands.

Oh someone doesn’t like being wrong! Please feel free to keep on enlightening us with your lack of knowledge! It is entertaining.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

296 members (22kHornet, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 160user, 2500HD, 10Glocks, 25 invisible), 2,518 guests, and 938 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,281
Posts18,467,740
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.