Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 30 of 38 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 37 38
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by smokepole
I'm not afraid you don't understand, I'm certain of it.

Are you fully vaccinated?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by deflave

Is there one available that thwarts 'christians' allegedly filled with the spirit?

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Are you fully asshol-inated? Or just half-assinated?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Fugking Idiots tend to not answer questions but I'll give it another go.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Am I fully vaccinated?

Answer this one, asswipe: Do you think my medical history is any of your phoucking business?

It's a yes or no question.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

TV has become nothing more than the Petri dish where this country grows its idiots.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The first century approach to advancing the Gospel modeled by Jesus and the apostles was very effective. And it was very attractive. Jesus’ resurrection was at the center of the first century apologetic. Maybe twenty first century believers ought to reclaim it as the center of theirs as well. Seems some have complicated it; seems some want it to be more demanding. That’s just pushing people away from the roots of the faith. The faith isn’t founded on a long list of rules, and it isn’t founded on ‘the Bible’ either. It’s founded on the death and resurrection of Jesus. Pretty simple really.

The religious landscape in America has shifted. Fewer and fewer Americans are self-identifying as Christians, and nearly 56 million Americans now identify as being religiously unaffiliated. And that’s in a society that’s rooted in the history, culture, and practices of Christianity…but millions have and are walking away from it, and millions more have and are flat-out rejecting it. That is clear evidence of the overall abject failure of the church nowadays. Yep, failure.

Our culture questions biblical authority more so now than ever before. It values education and reason and science and reality, and doesn’t value faith based answers to fact based questions. We know the earth is 4.5 billion years old, and the universe is 13.8 billion years old. And there is tension when folks try to resolve the realities of their lives with Sunday school depictions of reality. “The Bible says” and “the Bible teaches” and “God’s Word is clear” doesn’t carry any weight with millions and millions of people nowadays. Everything’s an adversary to many of those in the church; they’re so defensive. Why not view changes and advancements as opportunities to underscore the faith, rather than as intentions to undermine the faith…?

Apostle’s Peter and Paul, both prominent leaders in the first-century church, adjusted their approaches in light of their audiences. But while they tailored and adapted their approaches, their central message remained the same. And so, like Peter and Paul, maybe the church ought to change their hermeneutical approach to advancing the Gospel. The foundation of Christianity is an event, not a book. Even Apostle Paul said, “For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ.”

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by antlers
The first century approach to advancing the Gospel modeled by Jesus and the apostles was very effective. And it was very attractive. Jesus’ resurrection was at the center of the first century apologetic. Maybe twenty first century believers ought to reclaim it as the center of theirs as well. Seems some have complicated it; seems some want it to be more demanding. That’s just pushing people away from the roots of the faith. The faith isn’t founded on a long list of rules, and it isn’t founded on ‘the Bible’ either. It’s founded on the death and resurrection of Jesus. Pretty simple really.

The religious landscape in America has shifted. Fewer and fewer Americans are self-identifying as Christians, and nearly 56 million Americans now identify as being religiously unaffiliated. And that’s in a society that’s rooted in the history, culture, and practices of Christianity…but millions have and are walking away from it, and millions more have and are flat-out rejecting it. That is clear evidence of the overall abject failure of the church nowadays. Yep, failure.

Our culture questions biblical authority more so now than ever before. It values education and reason and science and reality, and doesn’t value faith based answers to fact based questions. We know the earth is 4.5 billion years old, and the universe is 13.8 billion years old. And there is tension when folks try to resolve the realities of their lives with Sunday school depictions of reality. “The Bible says” and “the Bible teaches” and “God’s Word is clear” doesn’t carry any weight with millions and millions of people nowadays. Everything’s an adversary to many of
those in the church; they’re so defensive. Why not view changes and advancements as opportunities to underscore the faith, rather than as intentions to undermine the faith…?

Apostle’s Peter and Paul, both prominent leaders in the first-century church, adjusted their approaches in light of their audiences. But while they tailored and adapted their approaches, their central message remained the same. And so, like Peter and Paul, maybe the church ought to change their hermeneutical approach to advancing the Gospel. The foundation of Christianity is an event, not a book. Even Apostle Paul said, “For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ.”

That`s way too simple for the Evangelists here.They need to tell you of all your faulty problems with the correct way of deciphering The Bible.They are way above their heads and need to bullchit others to try and raise their low self esteem.You are exactly right that this is the main reason I no longer attend any main stream church.There are too many of them hovering around thinking they are superior and think they can suck up to God.Good luck with that .

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

IC B3

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K

Our culture questions biblical authority more so now than ever before. It values education and reason and science and reality, and doesn’t value faith based answers to fact based questions. We know the earth is 4.5 billion years old, and the universe is 13.8 billion years old. And there is tension when folks try to resolve the realities of their lives with Sunday school depictions of reality. “The Bible says” and “the Bible teaches” and “God’s Word is clear” doesn’t carry any weight with millions and millions of people nowadays. Everything’s an adversary to many of those in the church; they’re so defensive. Why not view changes and advancements as opportunities to underscore the faith, rather than as intentions to undermine the faith…?

And with this religious model, the whole earth wondered.............after the beast.

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We try our best to no celebrate Halloween. KYHillChick and I live at the end of a dead-end street off another dead-end street. When my folks lived in the house, the got maybe 10 trick-or-treaters at the door. Since we've been living there, I haven't seen any. Nobody who has trudged that far wants to go up the steep driveway. We just keep the lights out.

It didn't used to be that way. When my sons were young, they enjoyed it, and we lived in a neighborhood that was heavily into it-- with one huge exception.

There was a family that lived down the street from us that used to put out this really odd decoration. It was a plywood cut-out of a sheep ringed in bright red ribbon lights. There was also a black cross similarly decorated. Some Christian family had decided to decorate their house this way. The sheep was bigger-than-life, more like cow size. We speculated it was supposed to be the Lamb of God, but the whole tableau looked more like a Black Angus Bull knocking over headstones in the cemetery. During the day it was freaky, because the cutouts were not lit. At night it was just plain weird.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by OldHat
Apostle John, who was an eyewitness of Jesus’ earthly ministry, who believed in Jesus, and then after He died he quit believing, and then after the resurrection he started believing again, who was ultimately arrested by Emperor Domitian and put on the island of Patmos to rot, who had seen more bloodshed personally than most of a whole bunch of us put together, who had lost friends to acts of terror by the Romans and by the Jewish Temple leaders, who had seen the entire Jewish Temple destroyed, said that, “God is love.”

When Jesus was about to be crucified and He gathered with His closest followers that last night together, He said “this will be the distinguishing mark of those who follow me”…not whatcha know, not whatcha read, not whatcha memorize, and not whatcha do on Sunday morning…“the distinguishing mark of those who claim to be my followers is that you love one another.” Why…? Because that love for other people reflected the nature of God.

What passes for Christianity nowadays is very different from the first-generation passion of what it meant to follow Jesus back then. And that’s very likely why the church isn’t connecting with our current culture. The gospel of grace was and is an irresistible message. The first century approach of advancing the gospel of grace modeled by Jesus and His apostles and His other followers is the exception rather than the rule nowadays. It’s no wonder that so many people resist it, reject it, and rebuff its followers. The fault doesn’t lie with Jesus or His teachings or His life’s example. He taught a simple ethic in the great commandment: love God and love others; love others as I have loved you.

You try and reject the Bible all why kind of quoting it. You paraphrase the Bible while rejecting it. If you don't use the Bible where do you get your spiritual knowledge?

You have no idea what original Christianity was like with out the Bible. How can you not see how nonsensical your position is. Your claim about how bad Christianity is today compared to original Christians requires the Bible to make.

You haven't understood a word he's written. Or worse yet, you have understood and are deliberately misrepresenting it.

He never said Christianity itself was bad. Just the man-made edifice put up around it by the likes of you and crampy glamper.

Not just HC and OH, but every church, every religious doctrine known, A. don't understand what was written, and B. are teaching a false religion that came right out of Asia Minor through the Edomites who claim today they are jews but are not.
They have everyone waiting in fear of a visual second coming that even their Jesus said wouldn't happen visually. Luke 17:20-21 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: 21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
Read it again........... The Kingdom of God cometh NOT with observation..........................why? because the Kingdom is within you, not outside of you.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by windridge
Originally Posted by Ruger4Life
It’s incredible how the evil b-stards NEVER stop hating, persecuting, and ridiculing Christians that speak out about their beliefs; but pretend to be “objective” or “logical”!! LMAO! How can anyone be so full of hate, and yet so clueless? No, it’s not funny. I truly pity you wretched human beings. It must be miserable to be you

The irony of the most hate-filled post on this thread is obviously lost on you.

Which is anything but surprising.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

It's a strawman. Rejecting Halloween has nothing to do with hating anyone. Halloween is not a person. Halloween is a large collection of symbols and beliefs.

I don't care about the childish practices associated with Halloween like candy and dress up.

I reject the core of what Halloween is and what it is celebrating. It is an occult religious holiday.

A strawman you say? That's doubly ironic, since none of the three previous posts you quoted and "responded " to have anything to do with rejecting Halloween.

If you think the meme was posted in the wrong thread then complain to the poster. Not me.

Nope. It was posted here as a response to your all consuming hatred.

TV has become nothing more than the Petri dish where this country grows its idiots.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Go as OH and HC's Hero.

David Koresh.

Even better; Fred Phelps.

Nailed it.

I hate the Westboro types worse than Illinois Nazis.

Well, Fred was a christian.

Claimed to be.

But, based on his actions. ??

DF

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Since when does that count? wink

Are you trying to insinuate pukes like Biden and Piglosi arent Christians. Blasphemy

They are believers ust like us, except they could afford to buy a ticket through the Pearly Gates. wink

Last edited by jaguartx; 10/30/21.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

Fugking Idiots tend to not answer questions but I'll give it another go.

Dimocraps deflect, especially DeFlave.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

He may be, but seems to me he's a bit wormy.

Last edited by jaguartx; 10/30/21.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Claimed to be.

But, based on his actions. ??
DF
Works don't count. They believed in Jesus.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Page 30 of 38 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 37 38

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

354 members (10gaugemag, 1minute, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 41 invisible), 2,576 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,714
Posts18,457,028
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.