Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Starting a new book from the Library by C. J. Box, Long Range!

Lee Child, The Famed Writer of the Jack Reacher Novels, Praises C. J.'S Work!

I Learned a long time ago to Separate My Want's from My Needs!

A man's Gotta Do What a Man's Gotta Do!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
GB2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Whenever he tries to go into detail on rifles, there's a 50-50 chance he gets the details right.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Good point Smoke pole!

I'm about half way through and enjoying it, so far.

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Well, I finished it up, and to be Honest, I couldn't wait to read it every evening, as I was truly
enjoying it, but I really didn't enjoy the ending, or even how it ended!
Although I wasn't disappointed how it ended, I just didn't really enjoy the ending!!!

Thinking It might just be me!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
In one of his books (I forget which one) he talked about the "6.5 Creedmoor Magnum." I sent him an email and told him there was no such thing. He responded by telling me "yes there is" and sent me an article that a gunwriter had written about the 6.5 PRC, and in the article the gunwriter referred to the 6.5 PRC as "the 6.5 Creedmoor Magnum," as kind of a figure of speech. So of course, it exists now.

In another book he was describing a scene where the game warden was hunting a rogue grizzly bear who'd mauled a hunting guide, and the game warden was riding his horse through some thick brush where he thought he might come across the grizzly so he was nervous. The game warden had a rifle in a scabbard, and cj box described it, complete with a bipod on it.

A bipod on a rifle in a scabbard, when a guy is hunting a rogue grizzly bear in thick brush where he might need to get a quick shot off is not something that would happen in real life. The guy tries to come off as knowledgeable but he's a poseur.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B2

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
My wife gave me the complete series as a birthday present. I enjoyed the books; but... like most... he would have benefited from having a real gun guy review them prior to publishing. Guns inaccuracies bug me just like medical inaccuracies bug my wife.

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by smokepole
In one of his books (I forget which one) he talked about the "6.5 Creedmoor Magnum." I sent him an email and told him there was no such thing. He responded by telling me "yes there is" and sent me an article that a gunwriter had written about the 6.5 PRC, and in the article the gunwriter referred to the 6.5 PRC as "the 6.5 Creedmoor Magnum," as kind of a figure of speech. So of course, it exists now.

In another book he was describing a scene where the game warden was hunting a rogue grizzly bear who'd mauled a hunting guide, and the game warden was riding his horse through some thick brush where he thought he might come across the grizzly so he was nervous. The game warden had a rifle in a scabbard, and cj box described it, complete with a bipod on it.

A bipod on a rifle in a scabbard, when a guy is hunting a rogue grizzly bear in thick brush where he might need to get a quick shot off is not something that would happen in real life. The guy tries to come off as knowledgeable but he's a poseur.

Originally Posted by Rangersedge
My wife gave me the complete series as a birthday present. I enjoyed the books; but... like most... he would have benefited from having a real gun guy review them prior to publishing. Guns inaccuracies bug me just like medical inaccuracies bug my wife.

Good Points Guys, and True!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by smokepole

Heck of a big scabbard to fit a rifle with a tripod.

I don't get too wrapped up in the gun definitions in a fiction book. It's entertainment and they a good stories

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
His audio books are fantastic, the narration by David Chandler is first rate.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
I'll have to check that out, Thanks

Last edited by HunterShooter58; 12/06/21.

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
708 members (10gaugemag, 117LBS, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 75 invisible), 2,686 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,682
Posts18,399,706
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.