-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I was looking at bipods from Spartan Precision recently at a local store. The quick attachment seems handy but have never used any of their products.

Anyone have opinions on their products? I'm mostly interested in the bipods and Davros head but would appreciate any feedback.

GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
I have a bunch of adapters and one “pro” w /long and then REALLY long legs. I can use them prone or sitting on a steep hill w/the ground going away beneath me.

Longest kill on a set was a Mule Deer in WY @ 562yds. Bang-Flop using a lowly 270Win w/140 TSX’s. I’ve killed 2 bull elk off of them @ 350 and 400yds. The 1st elk dropped @ the shot then got back up and required a finisher but that’s no fault of the Bipods. The 2nd was a bang-flop @ 400.

I’d not be without them. I’ve got ~12 sets of Harris and I hate them all save shooting prairie dogs prone off of them.

Last edited by horse1; 10/26/21.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by horse1
I’d not be without them. I’ve got ~12 sets of Harris and I hate them all save shooting prairie dogs prone off of them.

Thanks horse1. That says a lot. I'm leaning towards Spartan Precision for every hunting rifle. Maybe keep a Harris on the plinkers.

Are you using the gunsmith adapters for your rifles, or the sling stud adapter? Any concerns with the adapters in general?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by 4th_point
Originally Posted by horse1

Thanks horse1. That says a lot. I'm leaning towards Spartan Precision for every hunting rifle. Maybe keep a Harris on the plinkers.

Are you using the gunsmith adapters for your rifles, or the sling stud adapter? Any concerns with the adapters in general?

Sling stud adapters, 0 issues. I actually have 4 of their bipods. I bought my 1st one in '18. I got the "long" model and then the longest legs they made at the time. I used it for shooting from sitting/kneeling figuring I'd always use my pack for prone. Then a set came up here on the classifieds and I bought them so I could have 1 set w/long legs and a 2nd set w/more standard length "prone" legs.

Fall of '18 I shot an elk from a seated position with the longest legs they made, at that time, the legs DIDN'T lock in the "out" position and there was a bit of fiddling to get situated quickly. So, I contacted them via E-mail and asked if they had a stronger magnet or any other sort of "lock" type device so I didn't have to re-invent the wheel myself. Several very pleasant and thoughtful e-mails back and forth and finally one of the owners called me and we discussed my reasoning behind being able to "lock" the legs in the spread-out position. About 2wks later, he mailed me a prototype with locking legs, that was #3. Fast forward, they launch their "Pro" model with improved lock and threaded legs and I purchased that as well as the 20-34" legs, that's #4.

Because they're light and unobtrusive, I carry 2 on me most of the time. I have the pro model with the 20-34" legs on the non-rifle carrying side of my backpack for sitting/kneeling shots. I have that pre-produciton locking model with standard length legs for shooting prone on the hip-belt of my pack. 2 Javelin bipods are still significantly lighter than 1 Harris and not nearly so obtrusive. I have sling-stud adapters on 8-10 rifles. Multiple Kimber Montana's, M70 Fwt's, M70's in supergrade and classic pattern McMillans as well. The sling-stud adapters come with 3 rubber gaskets and you just choose the gasket that fits the curve of your fore-end and screw it in. I've never had one shoot loose nor damage a stock. Like any other sling-swivel, a dab of grease in the cross-hole keeps the sling from squeaking.

2 buddies hunted Dall sheep this fall. One in NWT and one in AK. They both told me that nearly every rifle in both camps had provisions to be able to use a Javelin Bi-pod.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Great info, horse1. Thank you.

J

IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I'm on my second Spartan tripod. I have gunsmith inserts in my rifles. I think the swivel stud adapters suck big time. I buy the inserts 10 at a time. I have a Davros too. They make great stuff

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
their bipods don't do anything for me

atlas CAL right now is my favorite.

had a double pull mdt but it wasn't what i was after.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I am going to keep this short.
I have 3 of their tripods. Gen1, 2 and 3. They get better all the time. Ascent is amazing and I use it as a bipod ad well and unscrew one leg for sitting or kneeling shots that I tuck under my right armpit for rear support.
I have 3 bipods. 2 old ones, one of their pros, with a bunch of different leg lengths.
Easy to go from spotter to rifle to bino back to spotter.
Every rifle i own has 1 or 2 gunsmith adapters in them. Only my AR has the add on adapter (mlock)
1 adapter is set right by the rifle stud, the other right in front of the magazine forward of the action lug.
Super light, stable and versatile.

Only downside is at the range, if shooting from a bench they are "stiff" but I lay a jacket or sweater underneath and I am golden. Without it I feel I get a bounce off the hard surface (concrete. Prone I lay on a shooting mat so that works fine.

Great customer support too.
SnT

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Spartan Precision has a Black Friday sale going on now so I ordered a Davros Pro head and bipod with Tac legs. And a bunch of adapters.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (10ring1, 160user, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 1234, 68 invisible), 2,117 guests, and 1,157 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,098
Posts18,464,148
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.