Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I have been sourcing some things directly from the manufacturer for the first time ever. I have purchased a half dozen LE Wilson dies over the years, but they were always from Brownells or a CDN source. For these last two - a 7.62x39 and 30-30 seater - I went straight to Wilson.

It might be something you could consider if you are in the market for something that cannot be sourced locally. It never hurts to ask.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just got 5 pounds of powder from the manufacturer.

LOL
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Great! Was it Hodgdon?

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Whatever works. Last place local to me that had a good supply of reloading equipment was the Gander Mountain in Winchester, VA, before they were bought out by the guy who eventually ruined them, for shooters anyway. They had a good basic selection, but nothing out of the ordinary, so Grafs, Midway, and Natchez were always my main source, except for HAZMAT stuff.

What fresh Hell is this?
Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
Great! Was it Hodgdon?

Hodgdon is slooooooooow to process and ship, but they do generally have a fair bit of powder in stock for sale. I've purchased direct from them a couple times this year. I'm in the states, though, so not sure if they ship across the border or not.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by zcm82
Great! Was it Hodgdon?

Hodgdon is slooooooooow to process and ship, but they do generally have a fair bit of powder in stock for sale. I've purchased direct from them a couple times this year. I'm in the states, though, so not sure if they ship across the border or not.

Unfortunately us Canucks cannot buy directly from the powder manufacturers,
We can't even get brass across the border legally without a zillion hoops too go through and sometimes not even then.
That being said, II just found out a friend ran into a very large supply of powder due to a local gunsmith's passing, and his son is liquidating the powder magazine as he can't move it to his new shop. I bought "many pounds" and it will set up my shooting buddies and I for a while :>)

Cat

scopes are cool, but slings 'n' irons RULE!
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by zcm82
Great! Was it Hodgdon?

I wish we could buy directly from Valleyfield, Quebec - the CDN propellant plant. Something is better than nothing.

Originally Posted by catnthehat
Unfortunately us Canucks cannot buy directly from the powder manufacturers,
We can't even get brass across the border legally without a zillion hoops too go through and sometimes not even then.
That being said, II just found out a friend ran into a very large supply of powder due to a local gunsmith's passing, and his son is liquidating the powder magazine as he can't move it to his new shop. I bought "many pounds" and it will set up my shooting buddies and I for a while :>)

Cat

It's good to hear that the gunsmith who transmuted has left powder for others to enjoy. No doubt that Higginsons will receive powder in dribs and drabs. Generally, I buy from Andrew, but their cupboard is bare!

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Brass and bullets are now on the OK to ship list from the US, made changes last year. I've bought both from Brownell's in the last year. Bought a scope out of Tract as well. I am not sure if the components are 100.00 or 500.00 max before a permit is needed by the vendor. I'd have to go back and look that up. There are a lot of parts we can get now though as well. Just that in a lot of cases, it isn't worth it with some of the pricing in the US, it's cheaper here. Although I am seeing some stupid stuff up here lately, some on bullets, one on primers the other day. Not sure where this will all settle out, but, components are not so reasonable as they once were. Glad I bought what I bought when I did over the years.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
278 members (007FJ, 160user, 222Sako, 22250rem, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 29 invisible), 1,974 guests, and 917 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,812
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.