Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
i just bought one of the GPO passion 4-12x42 models to put on my 280 i havent had a chance to get to the range yet but i can say that the glass is incredibly bright for the cost I was coparing it with my vx5 around duk last ingth and couldn't believe how dark out it was and I could still pick out the reticle against tree branhes 90 yards away

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

GB1

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
They have some interesting stuff but you never know what they got made contract to contract whereas you have a good idea of what Leupold is going to be. Asian prices are getting high enough to make it not worth the gamble.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I have had good experiences with GPO in quality and customer service. My first scope was the 4-12X42 model (made in the Philippines or Japan...I am not sure.). I thought it had clear and bright optics and I liked the plex reticle a lot. For the price, I thought it was a solid buy from Doug @ CameraLand. My only issue was at 9x and above the eyebox was tighter and eye relief was shorter. Maybe just a flaw in the way I shoot? Nevertheless, I could feel it grazing my brow with heavy smokeless loads in a muzzleloader. I called GPO and discussed this and was suggested I send it back and try the Passion 3X 4-12x50i Riflescope, G4i Reticle. I just paid the difference. Outstanding customer service in my opinion.

The Passion 3X 4-12x50i Riflescope, G4i Reticle was made in Japan. Optics were very good on this scope. Certainly a step up. I didn’t use the illumination so hard to speak too much of it. It was very bright at night. I really liked this scope.

The third GPO I purchased and used was the PASSION 6-24x50 (made in Japan). It had target turrets. Glass was good as well. I compared it with a meopta meopro 6-18X50 and could not tell any difference in optic clarity and low light. As far as dialing, I have really no experience. I liked the MOA reticle and set it and left it that way for my style of hunting.

I also purchased the passion 8X42 HD binos. These are simply amazing optics to my eyes. I compared them to the kowa Genesis and while they were the 8X33, I couldn't tell a difference in image quality. If any, maybe the GPO’s beats the kowa by a hair.

I am interested in some of their newer scope offerings but don’t have a need at this time.

J

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by BobbyTomek
Originally Posted by LFC
Another Asian made schitt scope...

Just how many GPS scopes have you tried and compared against others? Or are you --once again -- just regurgitating hogwash for the sake of argument and bumping your post count?

The Japanese-made Passion 6x 2.5-15x56 that I had either equaled or outperformed scopes costing twice as much in terms of resolution and other critical optical comparisons. And -- just based on glass performance alone -- was one of THE best low-light scopes I have ever tried.

But hey, stick to your unsubstantiated vitriol and keep smiling...

Bob: How is the illumination dot on the 56 mm scopes? Is it too bright, like the Meopta's, for very low light hunting, or can the brightness be lowered enuf to not be overstated/too bright in low light conditions?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite
They have some interesting stuff but you never know what they got made contract to contract whereas you have a good idea of what Leupold is going to be. Asian prices are getting high enough to make it not worth the gamble.

A. Have you owned one?

Leupold gets their glass from Asia or do you think they have a glass factory in Oregon?

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
CDNN had the Passion 3-12x56 @$399 recently…

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
I will try a Passion 3-9x42 soon....I aint skeered! 😁.....Hb

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bull64
CDNN had the Passion 3-12x56 @$399 recently…

One left as of this afternoon.

N
NWT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Originally Posted by Starbuck
[quote=Oldelkhunter][quote=Starbuck]. But you do have to admit that, given where they're made, a name like German Precision Optics does have an Orewellian doublespeak quality to it. . Clearly it's a marketing schtick. .

I'd like to see someone get their shipment of scopes off the slow boat from China and openly market them as such.You could come up with a ton of pithy slogans to make your brand memorable. Something like "Chicom Optics - We know you'd rather not, but likely will anyway".

Maybe such honesty would resonate with buyers.

It's not technically dishonest. And as far as I know, they're not trying to hide the coo. But it is at least a little deliberately misleading that a company named German Precision Optics offers only Asiatic product. German Inspired Optics might be more appropriate.

Starbucks,
By far the BEST response!!!****
German INSPIRED Optics >>> NOT German Precision Optics
I can’t believe this conversation is going on. Many BELIEVE China is our FRIEND. Retailers pushing this COMMUNIST CRAP...... AMERICANS BUYING this crap. It’s not about the Asians, It’s about the Fuc**n COMMUNIST Chinese. How far do you purchasers and sellers have your heads up your ass????

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Old Ornery

Bob: How is the illumination dot on the 56 mm scopes? Is it too bright, like the Meopta's, for very low light hunting, or can the brightness be lowered enuf to not be overstated/too bright in low light conditions?

The intensity of the illumination was the only thing I did not like about the scope. Assuming relatively clear skies, for 30 minutes before sunrise to 30 after sunset, it is fine --and works great in bright daylight. It is not suitable for moonlight usage.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
IIRC, I have purchased six new scopes this year. Five were manufactured in Japan by LOW for American companies, one “assembled” in the US by you-know-who, which means of course that some components are sourced from overseas. Guess which one one suffers from the classic Leupold vagueness when it comes to adjusting it? Bingo! Assumed it would be that way when I bought it, but it was pretty much the only fixed 4 rimfire scope available, and a perfect fit for the little Marlin it went on. Non-critical use, so no big deal.

If you’re going to wrap yourself in The Flag to sell stuff, honor that flag by making it stuff worth buying.

What fresh Hell is this?
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by gitem_12
i just bought one of the GPO passion 4-12x42 models to put on my 280 i havent had a chance to get to the range yet but i can say that the glass is incredibly bright for the cost I was coparing it with my vx5 around duk last ingth and couldn't believe how dark out it was and I could still pick out the reticle against tree branhes 90 yards away

How did that compare to the leupold?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by NWT
Originally Posted by Starbuck
[quote=Oldelkhunter][quote=Starbuck]. But you do have to admit that, given where they're made, a name like German Precision Optics does have an Orewellian doublespeak quality to it. . Clearly it's a marketing schtick. .

I'd like to see someone get their shipment of scopes off the slow boat from China and openly market them as such.You could come up with a ton of pithy slogans to make your brand memorable. Something like "Chicom Optics - We know you'd rather not, but likely will anyway".

Maybe such honesty would resonate with buyers.

It's not technically dishonest. And as far as I know, they're not trying to hide the coo. But it is at least a little deliberately misleading that a company named German Precision Optics offers only Asiatic product. German Inspired Optics might be more appropriate.

Starbucks,
By far the BEST response!!!****
German INSPIRED Optics >>> NOT German Precision Optics
I can’t believe this conversation is going on. Many BELIEVE China is our FRIEND. Retailers pushing this COMMUNIST CRAP...... AMERICANS BUYING this crap. It’s not about the Asians, It’s about the Fuc**n COMMUNIST Chinese. How far do you purchasers and sellers have your heads up your ass????

They got their inspiration from Leupold, you know made the made in America company. Just disregard the fact that their glass and internals come from China, that they make some scope bodies here but the rest are imported. Their binoculars, spotting scopes and rangefinders are all made in China with few exceptions.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 163bc, 10Glocks, 160user, 56 invisible), 2,302 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,233
Posts18,466,695
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.