Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VernAK
WTF?......Don Young just voted with the Democrats on 1.3 Trillion spend.....he and Biden both need to go to the Pioneers Home

Alaska's delegations have long accepted the feral bribes in exchange for ignoring feral overreach and land issues.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
BP-B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Don Young is a 32nd Degree Mason ...... same as Bill Clinton .... HE IS the deeeeeep state in Alaska .... and the only reason he has been "allowed" to be at his post this long ....

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by Swamplord
Don Young is a 32nd Degree Mason ...... same as Bill Clinton .... HE IS the deeeeeep state in Alaska .... and the only reason he has been "allowed" to be at his post this long ....

Yup. In my humble opinion, "deep state" isn't just ideology, it is also sucking up all the wealth like a sucker on a lake bottom. Young has been sucking a long, long time and loves it.

An unashamed bitter/clinger/deplorable
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Don Fuqed up, no doubt about it.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DouginAlaska

My note to the congressmen after receiving his newsletter full of excuses:

Representative Young,

After having supported you for the last 30+ years, your vote on the so-called "Infrastructure Bill" that mostly finances our enemies' anti-American activities, has just cost you my vote. I'll be supporting your opponent (s) from now on.

XXXXX XXXXXXX
Aleutian Hell, Alaska

Z
IC B2

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Originally Posted by DouginAlaska

My note to the congressmen after receiving his newsletter full of excuses:

Representative Young,

After having supported you for the last 30+ years, your vote on the so-called "Infrastructure Bill" that mostly finances our enemies' anti-American activities, has just cost you my vote. I'll be supporting your opponent (s) from now on.

XXXXX XXXXXXX
Aleutian Hell, Alaska

I wrote about the same thing. Unfortunately the crusty old fart doesn't give a crap. He probably knows he is toast and wants to clean up while he can.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's time for Don young to go and get some new blood in there.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
You gentlemen know that this bill is a small fraction of what Biden wanted, and essentially all that was left in was actual infrastructure, right? If this was passed during the Trump administration, you'd all be celebrating this a major part of making America great again. No doubt there's some waste in there, as usual, but this is a much needed win for Alaska.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I would like to hear what got left out Lisa happy about it does not comfort me.

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Originally Posted by kk alaska

The social programs and climate stuff. It was split up. This bill was just the infrastructure.

So if Lisa likes money coming to Alaska for roads, bridges, ports, water/waste water, and broadband, you’re against it?

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

There's $2.5 BILLION in federal highway funding for AK.

Some would call this "bringing home the bacon". When Uncle Ted did it, everyone was just peachy about it.

Only downside is that most of this funding will require a 10% match by the state - i.e. we'll need to pony up $250 M in state funding.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

Some would call this "bringing home the bacon". When Uncle Ted did it, everyone was just peachy about it.

Only downside is that most of this funding will require a 10% match by the state - i.e. we'll need to pony up $250 M in state funding.

This. But Lisa still has to go, and Don should. New blood needed.

Last edited by las; 11/10/21.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Since you guys are getting screwed on your dividends, pleñty of money tó pay the states share.

Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
Since you guys are getting screwed on your dividends, pleñty of money tó pay the states share.

Right?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Now that it’s passed, can we see what’s in it? 😡

Anyone got a link to a summary?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by akmtnrunner
Originally Posted by kk alaska

The social programs and climate stuff. It was split up. This bill was just the infrastructure.

So if Lisa likes money coming to Alaska for roads, bridges, ports, water/waste water, and broadband, you’re against it?

How about the federal government allow the states to develop their resources to pay their own way? How about the federal government quit acting like it has a right to redistribute money, since the federal government doesn't produce any wealth at all, only takes it? The fed isn't "giving" us anything it hasn't taken from us.
As for Ted Stevens... nope. Never cared for his big government ways. The only thing he had going for him was that he wasn't Mark Begich, who was just Obama's boy.
Split up you say? Yeah, that is the only way they can get their ungodly spending accomplished. Split it up. This spending which will haunt our children and grandchildren and likely be wasted anyway. Shameful.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

Take the bribes and shut up about feral overreach and land grabs.

Z
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by ironbender
Now that it’s passed, can we see what’s in it? 😡

It's a given that what we're are being told isn't all of what is in it. You hear that giant sucking sound? That's a siphon tapping into the money stream that is supposed to be going elsewhere, and that thudding sound is the kickbacks being tossed through doorways.

Last edited by las; 11/11/21.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Originally Posted by las
[quote=ironbender]Now that it’s passed, can we see what’s in it? 😡

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/3684
Is this it?

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Shown Here:
Introduced in House (06/04/2021)

Investing in a New Vision for the Environment and Surface Transportation in America Act or the INVEST in America Act

This bill addresses provisions related to federal-aid highway, transit, highway safety, motor carrier, research, hazardous materials, and rail programs of the Department of Transportation (DOT).

Among other provisions, the bill

extends FY2021 enacted levels through FY2022 for federal-aid highway, transit, and safety programs;
reauthorizes for FY2023-FY2026 several surface transportation programs, including the federal-aid highway program, transit programs, highway safety, motor carrier safety, and rail programs;
addresses climate change, including strategies to reduce the climate change impacts of the surface transportation system and a vulnerability assessment to identify opportunities to enhance the resilience of the surface transportation system and ensure the efficient use of federal resources;
revises Buy America procurement requirements for highways, mass transit, and rail;
establishes a rebuild rural bridges program to improve the safety and state of good repair of bridges in rural communities;
implements new safety requirements across all transportation modes; and
directs DOT to establish a pilot program to demonstrate a national motor vehicle per-mile user fee to restore and maintain the long-term solvency of the Highway Trust Fund and achieve and maintain a state of good repair in the surface transportation system.

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
111 members (405joe, 338reddog, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 16 invisible), 1,364 guests, and 673 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,588
Posts18,397,856
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.