Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by CashisKing
There was a vegan restaurant down the road that did tofu sausage and soy-milk gravy over gluten free cauliflower biscuits as their specialty breakfast fare.

They went out of business.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

GB1

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
There was a vegan restaurant down the road that did tofu sausage and soy-milk gravy over gluten free cauliflower biscuits as their specialty breakfast fare.

Haha!

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Haha^

Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by slumlord

Yeah, I almost ended up chewing my B&G a second time when I read that.

Haul ass, haul ass! - Pappy
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Maple Leaf pork sausage here in Canada is really very fatty. I mix it half and half with lean ground moose. Brown it in cast iron frying pan—then brown some flour in the grease and then pour in a guard of milk. Stir slowly until thick and then ladle over canned biscuits. Everyone I know slathers it in Franks RedHot sauce.
30 years ago nobody local had ever heard of biscuits and gravy— now I got the whole damn Reserve hooked on it.

One local moose hunter claimed his wife made such good biscuits he could eat 2 cans worth!

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf
Anyone putting an egg in biscuit dough oughta be shot. Two weeks all over the west last month, had biscuits and gravy in a lot of places, All but one had egg in the biscuits. Cakey schit...

Weirdest BNG was in Kalispell. Place was great, so I got it there. They bring me a massive plate of it, which would have been pretty decent, except the frigging paprika, cayenne and parsley all over the top. WTF? WGAS what it looks like, its BNG. Good biscuits covered well in proper sausage gravy is all that is needed to please. Hold the garnish, will ya? Sheesh.

I'm good with paprika and cayenne but hold the parsley.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I'd never tried 'em. Back about '98 I dated a gal who grew up here. I was still semi new to the area. She introduced me to 'em. There was a little restaurant nearby that transitioned from breakfast to lunch around 11:00. If we hit it just right we could split a burger and a side of biscuits and gravy, then put the extra gravy over the fries. Cholesterol bomb but damn it was good. Another place in town had 'em but they were ... city-fied. frown

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by UncleAlps
Biscuits and Gravy at Hardee's whenever I get South of the Mason-Dixon Line. Only two times a year but worth it. Makes a great pit stop on road trips.

Got one just two miles from the house. I'm going tomorrow. All this talk of it has made the idea irresistible.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Keep eating stuff like that, you’re 2/3 of my income.

I’m still trying to figure out why is it that I can eat that once or twice a month from the Hardee’s or Holiday Inn and my total cholesterol is in the 150s and high dens in the mid 50s

That's easy: heredity.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
A week night supper. So, what do you think a weekend breakfast looks like. Photobucket stole that pic.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hardee’s B&G is better than home made?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf
Anyone putting an egg in biscuit dough oughta be shot.

It's actually the first time I've tried it. No buttermilk on hand, and needed to stretch the regular milk because gravy. Didn't turn out too bad, not cakey really. Next time I'll make sure I have buttermilk and stick to basics, but this was a spur of the moment thing and all in all I was happy with the results. My wife scarfed it up pronto as well, and she's a southern Missouri girl.

As an aside, all the health concerns crack me up. It ain't like we're eating this every day. Besides, lack of exercise and drinking lots of carbonated sugar water probably contributes more to ill health than good 'ol country cooking ever did. Then there's the stuff from the magic food factory with lists of preservatives and chemicals a mile long. My great-grandad ate bacon or sausage and eggs every day for breakfast, wouldn't touch a vegetable other than corn or green beans, smoked a pipe from age 12, and lived to 95.

I pretty much subscribe to the 19th century farm diet; if you couldn't process it on an 19th century farm, don't eat it.

The drop-and-give-me-twenty diet is also effective at combatting many ailments.

Haul ass, haul ass! - Pappy
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Hardee’s B&G is better than home made?

Is use to be decent quick b&g while traveling but haven't had fast food in years.

It beat the hell out of McDonald's b&g 🤢

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Biscuits and gravy sure is a mess to get out of your jacket pocket while sitting in a deer stand.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
That's my favorite way to fix ducks.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Wife and I fixed these a few weekends ago. Homemade buttermilk biscuits, fresh eggs from my friends farm, homemade sausage we killed back in February and sausage gravy. Good stuff.

[img]https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/galleries/16605036#Post16605036[/img]

Last edited by VAhuntr; 11/08/21.

"Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Keep eating stuff like that, you’re 2/3 of my income.

perfectly spoken by a societal leech Kcock sucker.

Y
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Y
I brown Jimmy Dean's sausage and add flour and milk to make the gravy. It's very good over biscuits. A friend told me corn meal is better than flour.
Has anyone tried this? I hate to waste a lb of sausage.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Had it two weeks ago, in elk camp. Might make it in the duck blind every few years. There's never enough black pepper.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
OP, I am 48, weigh 175lb at 5’10”, and have been eating bacon and eggs with hashbrowns and biscuits and gravy for breakfast most days since I left home a few decades ago. Started out as a laborer, went into ironworkers, then carpentry. Active life. I take no meds, cholesterol and BP low side of normal. Pulse rate in the 50’s. Artery scan a year ago showed no obstruction anywhere. Good food won’t kill ya. Bad food has a hell of a time doing it, genes hurt you worse than anything. Men in my family live to be 90, spend the last fifty years of that with back trouble. I am doing exactly that. Doin’ better than a bunch of them, because I work out. Grandpa died last year at 90, healthy as a horse, no meds, but his back literally falling apart. So I get a good idea what my road out will look like.

Said all that to say this. Your genes will map the road ahead, more than your supper. Good luck, and don’t run out of buttermilk! That puts you in a bad place...😂

Last edited by OldGrayWolf; 11/08/21.
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

303 members (10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 16penny, 204guy, 1minute, 1moredeer, 41 invisible), 2,390 guests, and 1,033 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,168
Posts18,465,352
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.