Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
urban, read my last post.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
urban, read my last post.

A safety concern ALWAYS trumps a union contract...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Some of you fail to realize that this was a movie set - where NOTHING resembles reality. By union contract rules, Baldwin would have been absolutely prohibited from doing anything that fell under the auspices of whatever union the armorer is a member of. Both his and her unions would have prohibited it, in fact. If he had opened the action to check for ammo, there'd have been hell to pay from both unions. That is NOT his job on a movie set.

According to early descriptions of the accident, this was a rehearsal. In an actual scene where an actor fires a gun (even with blanks) towards a camera, there is no cameraman or anyone else "down range". This was supposed to be a cold gun - meaning completely unloaded. Baldwin fully expected nothing but a "click" when he pulled the trigger.

As much as I cannot stand him, this was not Baldwin's fault.

That's all I've been saying the whole time, now we find out there were 2 armorers on set....that's some real incompetence for this to occur.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Bwana_1

That's all I've been saying the whole time, now we find out there were 2 armorers on set....that's some real incompetence for this to occur.

Thing is, did baldwin know that some of the crew members walked off of the set due to safety concerns. And if he did what did he do to address and rectify said concerns. If the arrogant POS chose to continue to film and not resolve the issues that's negligence. Any reasonable person would have questions about how it was all handled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
Originally Posted by Bwana_1

Thing is, did baldwin know that some of the crew members walked off of the set due to safety concerns. And if he did what did he do to address and rectify said concerns. If the arrogant POS chose to continue to film and not resolve the issues that's negligence. Any reasonable person would have questions about how it was all handled.

They also walked because of working conditions, available food and lodging, and pay checks not being issued...so there was a lot in play on set. I don't know who's to blame for the items, but the Union pulled a walk off to make their point.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Rocky, glad to see there is at least one clear headed person posting here.

Jim

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Some of you fail to realize that this was a movie set - where NOTHING resembles reality. By union contract rules, Baldwin would have been absolutely prohibited from doing anything that fell under the auspices of whatever union the armorer is a member of. Both his and her unions would have prohibited it, in fact. If he had opened the action to check for ammo, there'd have been hell to pay from both unions. That is NOT his job on a movie set.

According to early descriptions of the accident, this was a rehearsal. In an actual scene where an actor fires a gun (even with blanks) towards a camera, there is no cameraman or anyone else "down range". This was supposed to be a cold gun - meaning completely unloaded. Baldwin fully expected nothing but a "click" when he pulled the trigger.

Yeah, I get it. I'm mostly lampooning human nature and the inevitable finger-pointing scramble to dodge responsibility. I'll add that prohibiting an actor from performing a basic safety check because union dick-waving can obviously result in people being hurt, so maybe they ought to rethink that some, at least in some circumstances. It's a simple revolver not pyrotechnics, an electrical panel, or elaborate rigging. It doesn't require that specialized of a skill-set. Did the armorer hand Baldwin a verified firearm or was it lying on a table and assumed to have been verified at some previous point?

Also, I'm still unclear on whether Baldwin was under direction and the camera was rolling when he fired or if he was goofing off. I haven't chased down every news blip on this.

It sounds like the entire production was basically a goatfuck.

On a side note, I have a sneaking suspicion that most of these peoples' reality bears little resemblance to reality.

Haul ass, haul ass! - Pappy
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R

So an actor can point a 'prop gun' at someone and squeeze trigger?
This is acceptable?

FJB & FJT
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

thank you Rocky

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I don't care anymore. The woman is dead, her family will get paid and nobody is going to jail. It was a freak accident. That's all. There have been a zillion shooting scenes over the many years and what, two of these accidents?

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If Baldwin was half as smart he he believes himself to be,he would have taken a course in gun safety sponsored by the NRA.This would have instilled in him the safety guidelines,that would have prevented the death of this cinema-tographer.

Instead he chose to damn an organization whose sole purpose is to protect our second amendment,which is still the law of the land.

Dumb-ass Baldwin aimed the gun,thumbed back the hammer and then pulled the trigger which resulted in the death of this woman.F him and the horse he rode in on.He's solely responsible for her death.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." **Benjamin Franklin**
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Raeford

This is acceptable?

It is what an actor is expected to do in rehearsal or a take. It's a movie site .

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by Raeford

This is acceptable?

No. Aim to the side or high. Unmanned camera. Staff move to safe zone before action.

Beside the point though. A blank can propel any object in the bore. Gun safety is gun safety.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Union members walked off the set of “Rust” hours before Alec Baldwin fired a prop gun that killed the film’s cinematographer — and cited “poor gun safety” as one of the reasons for the move, according to a text message obtained by The Post.

An unidentified woman claiming to be a union member on the Baldwin-produced movie said the crew was upset about their hotels and poor COVID protocols — but most worried about an overall lack of safety on the set, especially gun safety.

“The entire camera crew walked off that morning for that exact reason,” the person wrote in part of the text obtained by The Post from an IATSE union member. “Last night we wrote resignation letters. We cited everything from lack of payment for three weeks, taking our hotels away despite asking for them in our deals, lack of COVID safety (and on) top of that, poor gun safety! Poor on set safety, period! We wrote about this exact issue last night and walked this morning because of it!”
https://nypost.com/2021/10/23/union...-over-safety-issues-text-message-claims/
Also,

The woman said that the cinematographer, Halyna Hutchins, 42, and another member were the only ones who remained on the set. Hutchins was a member of IATSE Local 600 and had reportedly been vocal about wanting better safety conditions for the crew prior to her death.

Baldwin killed her for her union association. Lol

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
In the words of Harry Truman, the buck stops here. I couldn't care less what the union rules are or are not. The fact is baldwin shot someone and now that person is dead. No matter who you are or where you are the safety of any firearm is entirely in your hands. Maybe these "rules" they work by need to be changed or maybe Hollywood needs to be forced to not make movies with guns in them being used by the most vile puke we have ever seen while making billions then donating some of that money to the very party that wants to strip us of every God given right we have. As has been stated here before, "show the enemy no quarter".

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
x

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (10ring1, 160user, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 12344mag, 61 invisible), 2,463 guests, and 1,195 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,218
Posts18,466,389
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.